News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Angeles Shooting Range

Started by V, April 03, 2010, 06:42:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

V

I've just come back from Angeles after talking to the Range Coordinator and General Manager.

Good news. They are going to donate all four range bays in Eagle's Nest to us for May 8/9 2010.

These are normally $150 a day ranges, so this is no small thing. A really big thank you to Paula the private range manager at ASR for this donation.

In reality once we account for parking spaces etc, we'll be able to accommodate 50 shooters on the one big 'B' bay with maybe some overflow onto the 16 shooter 'A' bay next door. The other bays are logistically a problem and best used for parking. There is a covered picnic area on the side of the B bay for lunch, etc. There are potable well water faucets in the parking lot and the covered area and a couple of porta johns.

Note these are the private ranges which they rent out to LEO and Security training organizations not the public ranges.

Although I've signed all the paperwork and am getting the signed hostapp on monday this is really the result of lots of hard work put in by SavageShotr and JohnnyAppleseed and some other regular Appleseeders at this range who've been plugging Appleseed out there for years. If this shoot goes well we'll work to get more shoots scheduled though availability is tight this year. We are on the email list for announcement of next years schedule which comes up for grabs, first come first served, in August.

I'll be posting a formal announcement later once I've got the EIP, range data sheets and hostapp squared away. This shoot will be called Sunland CA on Eventbrite, Instructor schedules, fliers, etc.

Once again, thank you Paula, ASR and the volunteers who made this possible.

Rocket Man

Excellent work!

For some reason, I didn't think they'd be up for it.  Glad to see I was totally wrong.  Happens all the time.   %)

I'll be there to gofer for you guys...
... if ever a mistaken complaisance leads them to sacrifice their privileges, or the well-meaning assertors of them, they will deserve bondage, and soon will find themselves in chains. -- Joseph Warren (anon)

bob 210

Allright folks, you heard the man! That means we only have 1 month to get this event promoted and filled! Don't wait for it to get on eventbrite....it's a for sure thing! Tell everyone you know about this upcoming event and we'll get it posted asap.
If ye love wealth better than liberty,the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom,go home from us.We ask not your counsels or arms.Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you.May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen. SA

jacques

Quote from: bob 210 on April 03, 2010, 11:21:37 PM
Allright folks, you heard the man! That means we only have 1 month to get this event promoted and filled! Don't wait for it to get on eventbrite....it's a for sure thing! Tell everyone you know about this upcoming event and we'll get it posted asap.

This is great news.  O0

Can Leonidis get this posted up on Calguns? A lot of people over there would be interested in this.
Two Words-Meriams Corner

V

Quote from: jacques on April 04, 2010, 09:14:28 PM
Can Leonidis get this posted up on Calguns? A lot of people over there would be interested in this.

Sure can, the announcement is here.

jacques

Ok done. Here: http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=287289

Paul (Kestryl) the owner of Calguns was wondering when there would be a shoot at Angeles. He just may go to this one with his wife.

Two Words-Meriams Corner

V

Way to go Jacques, I've had an eamil already asking for info.  ;)