Author Topic: May/June Backwoods Home Magazine...Mas Ayoob writes of his Appleseed experience!  (Read 3992 times)

Online TaosGlock

• Senior Instructor-RBC/IBC
  • Fire! For God's sake fire!
Quote from BH:
"Massad Ayoob will lead the issue with an article on the Appleseed Project, a program designed to teach you not just how to shoot and take care of your firearm, but also about Revolutionary War history, patriotism, and the responsibility of being a rifleman".

So fellow Appleseeers, you don't want to miss what Mas Ayoob has to say about his experience of the Appleseed Project. :cool2:

Mas was on our blogtalk radio here:
http://www.blogtalkradio.com/appleseedradio/blog/2010/03
(do a simple search for the episode)

Mas written of his Appleseed experience on his blog on BH here:
http://backwoodshome.com/blogs/MassadAyoob/category/training/

Here is a sneak preview of the BH magazine cover/contents we obtained for you guys showing the cover of that magazine!
Check out that cover! :~
http://www.backwoodshome.com/nl/nl1003.html

BTW, if you do not have a subscription to BH, the time to sign up for you subscriptions begins now!
Subscribe here:
http://www.backwoodshome.com/store/files/subscriptions.html
There are lots of like minded folks both here at Appleseed and Backwoods Home!

And of course you want to get signed up for an Appleseed today! O0 Since you are on this site just follow the links!

And tell your friends....
87 fantastic Appleseeds since 2008/24 Libertyseeds!
Adventure Camp Director: NRA WC Raton,NM
New Mexico's first Rifleman: Sept. 2008 NRAWC
Their walls are filled with cannonballs, their motto is don't tread on me-Grateful Dead
Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers. It is a man of war and we are all crew-Boston T. Party
"Make no mistake, when you cheer for the people of the American Revolution, you are cheering for traitors and criminals.
They broke the law, because liberty is always illegal"- Larken Rose

Offline didactic

• RWVA Instructor
  • Davilla ELEVEN-OH-SEVEN
I had bought the magazine from time to time off the newsstand.  I just subscribed, and TOLD THEM (their signup form has a place for that) that it was because of Project Appleseed coverage.

I don't know how big their subscriber list is, but if they get a few hundred new subscriptions that mention the same reason, I'll bet they'll notice!
"If not us, who?  If not now, when?"  Ronald W. Reagan

Offline dart67eb

• designated Shoot Boss
  • Cameron. Back by popular demand.
I had bought the magazine from time to time off the newsstand.  I just subscribed, and TOLD THEM (their signup form has a place for that) that it was because of Project Appleseed coverage.

I don't know how big their subscriber list is, but if they get a few hundred new subscriptions that mention the same reason, I'll bet they'll notice!

I've been eyeballing this magazine for a while and this sounds like a good idea!
Ignorance may be bliss, but it's not a virtue.

Offline wesm

• RWVA Instructor
I've been a subscriber to that magazine for about 2 years now.  I had also subscribed to Mother Earth News and Countryside magazine at the same time, but let the other two subscriptions lapse.  Backwoods Home magazine is a keeper though.  Glad to see this connection; it seems logical that these two communities have a lot in common.

I will be getting the Appleseed edition of the mag mailed to me via my regular subscription, but I might have to pick up an extra copy as a "loaner" magazine!
"Shame on the men who can court exemption from present trouble and expense at the price of their own posterity's liberty!" - Samuel Adams

Offline Aromatic

• RWVA Instructor
  • TX
The cover looks good.   Got a subscription for myself and family member. 

To those who decide to sign up for a membership, make sure you put that you heard about their magazine from Appleseed.

Offline Jules

• RWVA Instructor
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history-Ulrich

To those who decide to sign up for a membership, make sure you put that you heard about their magazine from Appleseed.

Got a subscription, told them I was a member of Appleseed, and that I needed help with my veggies.

Jules
No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.

- Eleanor Roosevelt

Offline hawkhavn

• Inactive Instructor
  • 17 down, 33 to go
Pick up an extra copy to have on your gun show tables for folks to look at (along with your Small Arms Review, SWAT and Guns).  You can point to it and say 'This is what Mas Ayoob had to say.

HH

Offline hawkhavn

• Inactive Instructor
  • 17 down, 33 to go
Got mine today!
Reading BOTH articles right now!!!  GREAT COVERAGE!
Mas' and another by Susan Hogue on Osage Beach.
 ^:)^
HH

p.s.  PHenry they got your 'good side' in the photo. Ben1775 also is in good form
« Last Edit: April 06, 2010, 08:12:32 PM by hawkhavn »

Offline smle

• XLII
Thats not Ben1775. ???
If it's stupid and it works, it ain't stupid
If we forget what we did, we won't know who we are. Ronald Reagan
Courage is being scared to death - but saddleing up anyway. John Wayne

Offline hawkhavn

• Inactive Instructor
  • 17 down, 33 to go
Yeah I noticed that last night, rushed the shot so to speak, would the real Ben please stand up?  ;D
Man that is dating myself and if you caught it you might not want to admit it...

HH

Offline Robbvious

• Instructor In Training 4
My copy arrived in the mail yesterday.  Excellent article by Mr. Ayoob and sidebar by Ms Hogue.  Highly reccomended!
...in the event of Great Britain attempting to force unjust laws upon us by the strength of arms, our cause we leave to Heaven and our rifles. - Hanover Association, Lancaster County, PA 1774