News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

17-18 April events

Started by SamD, April 02, 2010, 03:21:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SamD

Ladies and Gents,
With just 15 days till we roll, I'm getting itchy.

Pop on here and let me know what you have done in the way of promotion for our 3 shoots here in NM.

Who has beem persoanlly invited, where flyers have gone out to, what radio stations we have managed to get on.

Thanks
Stay on 'em like flies on fresh cow flop.

Sam

TaosGlock

BlueFeather sent a stack of SWATs/event flyers to a guy in Trinidad who said he could help promote the Raton shoot.
She also sent a PR to the Las Cruces Sun News in re to WSMR and promoting all 3 April 17-18 shoots in the state as well as the one we are doing April 10-11.
89 fantastic Appleseeds since 2008/24 Libertyseeds!
Adventure Camp Director/Current Lead Rifle Instructor: NRA WC Raton,NM
New Mexico's first Rifleman: Sept. 2008 NRAWC
Their walls are filled with cannonballs, their motto is don't tread on me-Grateful Dead
Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers. It is a man of war and we are all crew-Boston T. Party
"Make no mistake, when you cheer for the people of the American Revolution, you are cheering for traitors and criminals.
They broke the law, because liberty is always illegal"- Larken Rose

oladcock

Over 200 flyers handed out (gun club meetings and banquet, all gun shops, a couple coffee shops, print office, community meeting, Lions club, 2 hunter ed classes, churches). A PSA sent to local radio, waiting on a call back to schedule a live on air segment. Recruiters visited. Invites put out to elected officials. State rep will be out of town on vacation, state senator is PO'ed at me for calling him a RINO in a town hall forum so I doubt he'll show (but he is) ++), local magistrate judge looks like a go with his family.

Got to visit the newspaper Monday, NMMI, and the NG units..Other than that, getting around to the gun shops and other gathering places to talk it up. We have 2 tea parties, one on the 10 another on the 15th, will be handing out there. Any other suggestions?....O.L.
"The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato 400BC

President Roswell Gun Club
AQT 246
WSMR 03-10 ... Sapper Steel
IBC 2018
KD Ft. Bliss Tx. 214  2019
IBC 2021

Roswell, NM
Carlsbad NM
El Paso Tx
Lubbock Tx
New Deal Tx
Levelland Tx
Alamogordo NM
Alburquerque NM
41 Lead Farm Tx

SamD

Looks like we have it covered so far.
Going to try for a radio show next week.
Need another national show, we'll see.

Now if I can just find that pesky pre reg thread!

SamD

I have arranged to get on Derry brownfield on Thursday to do some promo for 4-17/18
0900-1000 local time if you get 1230 AM from Alamogordo.
Call in if you get a chance.

Sam

Aromatic

SamD

Didn't do a thing.
The SB's Alonso1, MisterAnderson and MeanStreaker will also be on the air.

Mr. Brownfield and Beth have been very nice to us.
Like always, support them what supports us  O0

Sam

Devnull

Over 300 SWATs passed out and around 250 fliers or more. I lost count.  :-[

PR sent to local talk show hosts, news papers and tv news. Personal invitations sent out to all local congress critters, mayor, sheriff, city counselors and state rep. I was told by Turner's people that he is going to try and attend but not a solid commitment. (Fingers crossed on that one! He personally told me at a gun show he would attend and I think his staffers are balking on it...) No responses from other gubernatorial candidates as of yet.

I still need someone to hit the gunstores on the east side of town. Any takers?
"What the heck. I haven't volunteered for something in oh say 6 hours."

TaosGlock

Oh and sent a letter to the Taos News last month pertaining to the AS Project in general and of our nationwide and statewide shoots.
Should be out this week. They published one last year.
Their walls are filled with cannonballs, their motto is don't tread on me-Grateful Dead
Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers. It is a man of war and we are all crew-Boston T. Party
"Make no mistake, when you cheer for the people of the American Revolution, you are cheering for traitors and criminals.

SamD

Looks like we have 50% of our slots filled so far.
With 10 days to go we shouldn't have any problem filling them all  ;D

Seriously, I appreciate all the effort. We just keep on plugging right to the end.
No doubt there is a Hunters Ed class finishing up on the 16th, and we will skim a few from them before they let out.

O0

oladcock

Good job! We hit the local NG units today, they seemed very interested and they have a drill weekend this weekend so lots of word will get out. I'm supposed to be on KBIM Radio "Round table" discussion but they couldn't get me on until the 16th. That'll work as well if for nothing more then a bug in their ear for the next one. Press on! :)...O.L.
"The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato 400BC

AQT 246
IBC 2018
IBC 2021

Roswell, NM
Carlsbad NM
El Paso Tx
Lubbock Tx
New Deal Tx
Levelland Tx
Alamogordo NM
Alburquerque NM
41 Lead Farm Tx

TaosGlock

Re-stocked the local gun shop here in LC. The owner, Rey, said a couple of the 2nd Bat. came in.
They were pretty impressed with the COF and instruction. :~ He said they are much more confident in 500M shooting now.
Hopefully they will be there with their families.

TaosGlock

...oh, and BlueFeather put out a PR to the Las Cruces Sun News last week. Have not seen it yet.
It was about WSMR, but she used it to promote our 4/19 shoots and the local ones we have scheduled.

Devnull

If there is anyone NOT yet signed up for an AS this weekend, it looks like Bluefeather can use some help up in Raton. Cool temperatures, beautiful scenery, mosin mondays. MAN if you can you don't want to miss it!

PM Instructor Scheduling, Bluefeather and Nickle and get signed up if you can. Their really short on instructors and are darn near 40 shooters now!
"What the heck. I haven't volunteered for something in oh say 6 hours."

SamD

They have 42 signed already!
A lot fo scouts too so they need some more IIT's up there

oladcock

We could have close to 50 here in Roswell as well. KBIM is running radio ads 4 or 5 times a day plus we had a NG drill weekend this last weekend and the word was put out there....O.L.

AQT 246
IBC 2018
IBC 2021

Roswell, NM
Carlsbad NM
El Paso Tx
Lubbock Tx
New Deal Tx
Levelland Tx