News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

RWVA Reclaims Lexington and Concord: 4/10/2010

Started by crak, April 02, 2010, 02:55:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crak

Saturday April 10th
Starting 10AM on Lexington Green
Lexington Green is the intersection of Massachusetts Ave and Bedford St in Lexington, MA

I'm holding an informal outing up and down Battle Road.

Some places we'll definitely go:
Lexington Green
Paul Revere capture site
Old North Bridge
Merriam's Corner
Original Battle Road between Hartwell Tavern and the Bloody Angle,

Then depending on if we have time, there's always Fiske hill, Menotomy, Charlestown... whatever people haven't seen with Appleseed eyes and however late they feel like hanging around.  

While we're out there, I'll be answering whatever questions people have about Appleseeding, Heritage, and how we're going to run Harvard the week after.  Micro-IBC style.

Rain or shine.  Old North Bridge area might be flooded between Major Butterick's House and the bridge but we'll still see what we can of it.  Bring family, friends, enemies, whoever!

Post if you're coming!  :D
Check your drama at the door.

Buzzworth

My son and I will be there  ^:)^

No Guns, No safety, No freedom
KNOW Guns, KNOW Safety, KNOW FREEDOM

Buzzworth

[Courtesy of CortJestir:] via Firewall99

The Middlesex County Volunteer Fifes and Drums, along with several other F&D Corps, will be playing a parade at Merriam's Corner at 1pm on the 10th to be followed by a concert at the Paul Revere Capture Site at 2:30pm.

BTW, it's a great way to see period costume and hear period music from the Rev. War. MCV's costumes are among the most authentic and rival the Presidential Old Guard Fife and Drums in authenticity.

Middlesex County Volunteer Fifes and Drums
Music: The White Cockade
http://www.youtube.com/user/CortJestir#p/u/3/6K02ga28dkA

^:)^
No Guns, No safety, No freedom
KNOW Guns, KNOW Safety, KNOW FREEDOM

SavageShootr

I want to go! Unfortunately the drive is a bit far. Not to mention that I have to work.

crak tells the story really well. This is a great opportunity!

Enjoy!
"Listen to everyone, read everything, and don't believe anything unless you can prove it."' B.C.
"It isn't like it is life or death...it is more important than that." MrPete

dwarven1

You KNOW I'll be there.

Quote from: Buzzworth on April 02, 2010, 09:25:49 PM
Middlesex County Volunteer Fifes and Drums
Music: The White Cockade

I seem to remember reading somewhere that there is doubt as to whether that song could have been played on Punkatasset hill or not. Apparently the recollection of the song is mentioned in memoirs written down some 30 or 50 years later, and there are no contemporary accounts of it being played.
Unhappy it is ... to reflect that a brother's sword has been sheathed in a brother's breast, and that the once happy and peaceful plains of America are either to be drenched with blood or inhabited by slaves. Sad alternative! But can a virtuous man hesitate in his choice?

GEORGE WASHINGTON

hawkhavn

crak,

Just so you know, I did go check the flights and cost for next weekend.  Can't do it right before 4/17, but man some day!

HH
Criticism is the only known antidote to error.  David Brin

What a nation has done, a nation can aspire to.
Dr. Jerry Pournelle

Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.

This is known as "bad luck."
---Robert Anson Heinlein

"Great things have been effected by a few men well conducted." - George Rogers Clark

"Appleseed is a safe place to learn because they care. They have the confidence and serenity of spring gardeners." 1IV on AR15.com

VietVet

Looking forward to this experience. Going to steal some more of that knowledge both Crak and Buzzworth have. Trust me, they have plenty to spare. Planning on being there. Me and the Mrs. Will know definitely on Monday, but almost certain. Already booked a room just have to iron out the work schedule.
                                    OUR
FOREFATHERS WOULD BE SHOOTING BY NOW!

vernic82

hmmm perhaps I could get the wife to tag along and let me go?  lets see how that goes over tomorrow morning  @)
"To be ignorant of what occurred before you were born is to remain always a child. For what is the worth of human life, unless it is woven into the life of our ancestors by the records of history?"
― Marcus Tullius Cicero

"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
~ Harlan Ellison

"Yeah well, that's just, ya know, like, your opinion, man."
- The Dude

vernic82

Went over better than expected O0

Mary Ann & I will be there 8)
"To be ignorant of what occurred before you were born is to remain always a child. For what is the worth of human life, unless it is woven into the life of our ancestors by the records of history?"
― Marcus Tullius Cicero

"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
~ Harlan Ellison

- The Dude

crak

Quote from: hawkhavn on April 02, 2010, 11:37:03 PM
crak,

Just so you know, I did go check the flights and cost for next weekend.  Can't do it right before 4/17, but man some day!

HH

Shoot me a PM whenever you can make it.  That goes for any Appleseeder.
Check your drama at the door.

smithy

When society serves individual there is freedom......
When individual serves society there is slavery....                                                        Ayn Rand
When 70 million gun owners in America will know how to shoot strait, the only target they will ever need to hit will be a paper target

VietVet

Not good news....That work schedule I had to iron out. Wouldn't iron . Several on vacation this week, can't get Sat off. Hopefully I'll catch all next time. Sorry.
                                    OUR
FOREFATHERS WOULD BE SHOOTING BY NOW!

MattNES

I will be there, and likely my fiancé as well.

I'm assuming we will do lunch while on the trail like last time?
A right that goes unexercised soon devolves into a privilege, and finally a crime.

edmorseiii

I suck at this forum, I just found this thread.  :wb:

Beautiful day, learned A LOT!, and it was awesome being on the grounds the events happened in the season they happened. It really kind of brought everything home. Thanks to everyone involved, every time I get together with fellow Appleseeder's I meet some great new friends.

Can not wait for next weekend!

Pictures to follow... O0

This one came out awesome...

Meriam's Corner

FIRE!

North Bridge, slightly flooded.

The well at Fiske hill.

Everyone, except stovepipe, she had leave early.

R1SGx2

IBC Lake Geoge 03-10
Sorry I missed this trip, work conflict,
Went this past Tuesday 9am until after 6pm
and finished the Saratoga Battlefield we started.
Was warmer then our visit, Tim Murphy's
marker was standing tall and proud.
Crak, thank you for your dedication
and sharing your knowledge.
"Eyes of the Warrior - Always open"
"What's the weather got to do with it, lets go."
"Appleseed, where good people come together to save a nation."

vernic82

What a day to spend with fellow Appleseeders! ^:)^

Great to hear the Strikes WHERE they occurred! ..:..

Reinforced everything, thanks to all the Red Hats; crak, dwarven1, buzzworth, smithy, TOMINCT and of course (thought not a Red Hat) Ranger Dave!

Here's some pictures:

― Marcus Tullius Cicero

~ Harlan Ellison

- The Dude

jj-22

Had a great time.  Thanks Crak.
Here are a few shots that I took.  I think we all pretty much got the same stuff.

Chuckwagon

Fantastic photos!  O0 Couldn't make this time around, but defiantly want to make the trip next time you folks do this again.
"His tall gaunt form, his grey locks floating in the breeze, and the color of his steed distinguishing him from the other Americans, and the British gave him the name of  "Death on the Pale Horse".
(Account of the exploits of Hezekiah Wyman on the 19th of April 1775)

R1SGx2

Hi Crak,
Any forcast on a return visit to Battle Road? Had to work this one and missed it.
Went back to Saratoga Battle Field, was warmer then when we (IBC 2010 Lake Gearge) were there, walked the whole area, can feel the power.

Your a good man.

Thanx for all you do.
"Eyes of the Warrior - Always open"
"What's the weather got to do with it, lets go."
"Appleseed, where good people come together to save a nation."

edmorseiii

If Crak would put an other Battle Road walk together, I would go back for sure.

As long as I am not floating out on the ocean somewhere.

davidgw1

I'm sorry I missed the Battle Road walk on the 10th, too.  When ever there's going to be another one, I'll try to make it.  DaveW

Libertyxxx

I would go back I missed the bloody angle due to early departure!

(my first very first post guys & gals)

cindy

sureshot

I would love to make this as well. Please let me know if you plan another visit in the near future. Thanks.
If you think everything's going to be alright, you don't understand the problem!

"They have men amongst them who know very well what they are about" Gen Hugh Percy