News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Giving Credit Where Credit is Due

Started by Miss Conduct, August 30, 2022, 10:42:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Miss Conduct

A big heads up to Rambo Granny for her efforts on this thread. As a youngster (way back then) I didn't put much thought into problems others may have had in order to accomplish tasks which I found simple. As I've gotten older, I've come across many situations where my response is, "I can't do that anymore". I also compete in cowboy action shooting. We've had to increase our age categories because we now have competitors in their 80's.

Age changes us all, some sooner, some later. We have shooting enthusiasts who need adaptations which, may be due to age or a medical inconvenience (I've had 2 hip replacements) but their enthusiasm for the shooting sports has not diminished. Therefore, as quality instructors we must be prepared to assist our students with alternate ways to help them succeed. Also, remember that "success" in their mind may be simply showing up and putting rounds down range.

Because of these facts, I am eternally grateful to anyone who contributes ideas to help make me a better instructor. I'm sure others feel this way as well.

A sincere Thank You to Rambo Granny and all of you who contribute and use this information.
Miss Conduct
"May we think of Freedom, not as the right to do as we please, but as the opportunity to do what is right"          Peter Marshall

rambo granny

HUZZAH **) ^:)^
In a lifetime of continually asking the question, "How can I pull this off?" Bbq_bandit has asked yet again and answered with convincing success in spite of several challenges. Most sincere congratulations on achieving your shiny new RED HAT. Bob is going to be able to help folks in powerful unique ways along Libertys path. If you have not read his posts on this board, please read them all. You will learn some great things about IAO forged with many levels higher determination and focus demanded from adaptive challenges. 
From first hand knowledge, it is way more difficult to shoot or teach in spite of adaptive challenges! Bbq_bandit does both to earn the red hat.

Wendy, thanks for your post as Bbq_bandit and others in past years have shared much from which to learn on this board. Thanks for sharing about age and hip challenges and I hope others follow your lead to keep our ‘learnin' and thinking going. The only one that any of us can change is the one who looks back at us in the mirror. With a like minded group, we can achieve even greater  strides for Liberty .
RBC @ IDMR 02/17, requal KD May 2017 @IDMR 49/50,
RBC IDMR 1/18: requal KD, Shingle shot & 2 MOA steel shot @ 300,
RBC IDMR 1/19: requal KD;  >100 events; Post accident>Adaptive 4 min AQT scored 5/1/22
This info block too small for ancient instructors.😉

The IMPOSSIBLE is Not always impossible when an IAO (improvise, adapt, & overcome) is applied! Add focus, creativity and stubborn to win!

Quote from a very wise man, our own amazing Scuzzy:
"Pray. But eventually you're going to have to pick up a rock." - David

TheMenace

I'd like to add my appreciation for those who take the time and effort to post their experience and ideas on this board. We should be especially grateful to rambo granny for pushing the noodle to get this board active again. Bbq_bandit's contributions are priceless. When Janet seemed to be preaching to the cows Bob stepped in and encouraged her and offered new and remarkable examples of IAO. Now we have another event to celebrate. Bbq_bandit has achieved the Instructor designation.
Congratulations Bob!
HUZZAH!
Dennis
Sons of Liberty!
Defend the Constitution,
The Law of Our Land
https://youtu.be/w6H12dyS8FI
Joshua 1:9

BBQ_Bandit

Thanks to every person within my exposure so far. Every one of you have supported, encouraged, and led me onward within this path.

Now... the next question:

How to adapt to a bigger bailing bucket?

:F :F :F :F
First Appleseed/Cleaned Redcoat 6/13-14/2020
Second Appleseed 7/3-4/2020 (208/250)
Third Appleseed 8/15-16/2020
Blue Hat, Orange Hat, and 222/250

Appleseed Pistol Clinic 
[233/250] Slippery Rock,  PA 5/22-23/2021
[227/250] Annapolis, MD 7/16-17/2022
[233/250] Thurmont, MD 5/20-21/2023

rambo granny

Very good question indeed  Bbq_bandit.

As far as the bigger bailing bucket, some come, some go, some stay. Obviously with Liberty being increasingly threatened, more staying to help bail can make a difference. Handling the bigger bucket includes inviiting more students, and looking within that pool for possible IITs to help with the bailing.😉 (Also referred to as "replacing yourself")

IMHO the thing for all of us to remember is that our Appleseed Mission is more of a marathon rather than a sprint….pacing for the long haul.
Having been around AS since 2010, it is a matter of balancing time for loved ones, home, work, spiritual activities, and personal physical training along with our very important Appleseed mission. This is something each individual has to work through for their own situation.

"Alarm list" aging cadre and adaptives generally may also have less energy which makes all the above "time list" more challenging…. This energy challenge is personally very frustrating. My best coping mechanism seems to be just working to be the best I can be at the time realizing that some days just shine more than others.
With love in your heart and determination to be a good citizen worthy of a Republic…even if your efforts are not always perfect…that IS being the best you can be while bailing with a bigger bucket.
Life is a continual stream of IAO.

Bob, thanks so much for the sharing you've done on the adaptive board. Priceless as Dennis said! It will definitely help both instructors and students now and into the future.

RBC @ IDMR 02/17, requal KD May 2017 @IDMR 49/50,
RBC IDMR 1/18: requal KD, Shingle shot & 2 MOA steel shot @ 300,
RBC IDMR 1/19: requal KD;  >100 events; Post accident>Adaptive 4 min AQT scored 5/1/22
This info block too small for ancient instructors.😉

The IMPOSSIBLE is Not always impossible when an IAO (improvise, adapt, & overcome) is applied! Add focus, creativity and stubborn to win!

Quote from a very wise man, our own amazing Scuzzy:
"Pray. But eventually you're going to have to pick up a rock." - David