News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

After action review by a new rifleman...

Started by para45acp, November 19, 2012, 10:41:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

para45acp

Review: Project Appleseed
Submitted by cbaus on Fri, 11/16/2012 - 15:00.Education

by Bob Maroldy

It was a cold (43 degrees) and rainy Saturday morning as I pulled out of my driveway at 06:30. I had packed up the night before so I could just get up, get dressed, and go. However, the weather was already making me wonder if I should stay rather than go. I grimly continued on.

I had been trying for a couple of years to get to a Project Appleseed event. I read "Fred's" column that appears in Shotgun News every three weeks. He begs, pleads, cajoles and almost insults people into getting their butts "up off the couch" to go to an event. There you will learn great tips and hints for better and more accurate rifle shooting. According to Fred, there are just 2 types of rifle owners: Cooks and Riflemen.

The rest of the article can be found here: http://www.buckeyefirearms.org/node/8615

Bob is a friend of mine who has been a part of Buckeye Firearms Assoc. for a long time. The accident he talks about in this article put him in a wheelchair for a while...and the very first trip to the range for him after that accident was to my back yard for a BFA fundraiser shoot. He came out here in his chair, and we wheeled him out onto the firing line! I hope you all enjoy his article. Julia, I'm not surprised at all that it ended up being just the two of you out there on Sunday. Just knowing both of you...I can't see either of you giving up because of a little "liquid sunshine".

:~

:cool2:
Hence it is, that democracies have ever been found incompatible with personal security or the rights of property; and have, in general, been as short in their lives as they have been violent in their deaths

James Madison,,
Federalist Paper No 10

Birdman

Para, thanks for posting this. I was to help Julia that weekend but got stuck with mandatory overtime. What a great guy Bob must be! I hope to meet him some day on the AS trail or at least some other event.
Also, hats off and a standing ovation to Julia!
Para, tell Bob he's still got a little ways to go....he only got a 241 O0

Jerry Hall

Howdy All,

Thanks Julia and Bob for steppin up! :bow:

Jerry
"The significant problems we face today cannot be solved with the same level of thinking that we were at when we created them. Albert Einstein."

"One Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

MeanStreaker

Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
--Thomas Paine

Used to ride a Kawasaki Mean Streak motorcycle.  I'm not an angry, naked runner.  :)

goodoldfriend

Please pass my thanks and congratulations on to Bob.

I am going to attend an event this weekend and am concerned about the weather....not any longer!

I may not have the experience behind the trigger but I hope that I can have as much heart as he did.

His story is an inspiration to me ans should be to all.
1st Appleseed 11/23/2012, Crittenden, KY
2nd Appleseed 7/16/2016, Wilmington, OH
3rd Appleseed 10/2/2016, Newark, OH
Rifleman (213) 10/2/2016

GoldFish

Congratulations Bob! O0 
I miss being off the trail and not being able to witness stories like this first hand.

Ya'll keep up the good work.
"Freedom is preserved by those who die for it, but it will not survive unless people are willing to live for it."
-Boba Fett (The RWVA Instructor, not the Star Wars Bounty Hunter)

'Yes, I am a Rifleman, but I'm also a Ninja....and a Jedi.'

"Integrity first, service before self, and excellence in all we do."

"Remember, my opinion on the totem pole of life is somewhere below whale s***..." -Chris Costa

"The more you care about something, the deeper the fight will come from within."  -Travis Haley

42          ΙΧΘΥΣ           كافر           MOÉ...ΩN É...ABE         αδάμαÏ, 

Merc, Mr. Fishy, Goober, Achmed, Cornflake, FBC, Tabilasco, Mowhawk 1 Alpha

What we do in life echoes in Eternity