News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Finally Joined...LOL!

Started by para45acp, November 14, 2012, 12:19:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

para45acp

Just occurred to me that if I wasn't going to make it to a shoot for 3yrs on end (good intentions aside) I should at least join the RWVA!

So finally did a 5yr membership today while sitting at this truck stop in Alabama  ^:)^

There is a CMP location about 15 minutes from here, and that's what got me thinking in this direction. So...I think I'll head over there and fondle some M-1's. Figure making plans like that will surely get me a call from dispatch for a load so I won't get the chance to stop ::) Who is this Murphy guy anyway...  :wb:

So, a question that popped into my brain during this process...how many people that frequent the forums here AREN'T card carrying members of RWVA?

After my first (and only) AS down at the old Athens location, I figured I would go to lots of shoots. Life has simply kept me from doing so. It hasn't stopped me from promoting AS and getting others to experience the feeling AS gave me. It hasn't stopped me from putting AS fliers in all my student packets. Along with some other "working" aspects of the whole thing...so why didn't I join before now?

Kinda focused on my NRA membership for a while, and worked my way up to Endowment. Just as good of an excuse as any I suppose.

Anyway, if there are any of you lurkers out there who haven't joined up...I hope my rambling here motivates you to "pull the trigger" on that membership  :---

We need to support the American Heritage RWVA stands for, now more than ever!
Hence it is, that democracies have ever been found incompatible with personal security or the rights of property; and have, in general, been as short in their lives as they have been violent in their deaths

James Madison,,
Federalist Paper No 10

Ratchett

THANK YOU PARA!!! I personally know how you promo AS and truly appreciate all you do. Taking the bigger step is greatly appreciated as well.

"So, a question that popped into my brain during this process...how many people that frequent the forums here AREN'T card carrying members of RWVA?"

I asked the same question a few weeks ago to some of our national promo team, I am guilty! I would almost guess that over 75% of the instructor cadre are guilty. I personally have to change my non card carrying status. If you do not care I think I will make this the Para45 Nationwide Challenge (if Fred and the AB are in agreement) for everyone to change their non card membership status. Let me know what ya think!
Remember only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you: JESUS CHRIST and the AMERICAN ARMED FORCES.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom-Unk

"The propitious smiles of Heaven can never be expected on a nation that disregards the eternal rules of order and right which Heaven itself has ordained."---Geo Washington, 1789

Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles.---Isaiah 40:31

A wrathful man stirs up strife,
But he who is slow to anger allays contention.---Prov15:18

"Wisdom is higher than a fool can reach." --P. Wheatley

Two Wolves

It just makes sense that we should be card carrying members of the organization that we purport to represent. I paid for a membership right after my first shoot 3 1/2 years ago. I don't know if I bought a 1 year or a 5 yr. There needs to be a way for members to check thier status -- easily. Maybe we could add yet another widgit to the forum profile that is visible to everyone. And code it for 1,5,or lifetime. Also, it might be appropriate to have all memberships expire on the same date.That way everyone would be on the same page so to speak. Yours in liberty, Two Wolves
A moral compass provides a basis for making decisions; an action is good or bad, right or wrong when viewed in the light of the individual's moral bearing. If no moral compass exists for the individual, then decisions and actions are made on the basis of purely subjective thoughts. This leads to "If it makes me happy, or makes me feel good, or if it's something I simply want to do, then it is right and good."

para45acp

That's fine with me Julia! I would be thrilled to think my "truck stop ramblings" might spawn a nation wide membership drive LOL  O0

If anyone could do it, I know you could make it happen  :bow:

Hence it is, that democracies have ever been found incompatible with personal security or the rights of property; and have, in general, been as short in their lives as they have been violent in their deaths

James Madison,,
Federalist Paper No 10

Pitmaster

I asked the same question a few weeks ago to some of our national promo team, I am guilty! I would almost guess that over 75% of the instructor cadre are guilty. I personally have to change my non card carrying status. If you do not care I think I will make this the Para45 Nationwide Challenge (if Fred and the AB are in agreement) for everyone to change their non card membership status. Let me know what ya think!

I think this is a good idea. I really don't know my status. I would be surprised/disappointed if I did not officially join RWVA. I know I have a ROC. I will put lifetime membership 2nd on my 1/1/2013 budget after my mortgage payment. I'm lifetime NRA and ICORE.
Pitmaster

Captain Noah Cook a Revolutionary War Veteran was my great, great, great,...great grandfather. Noah Cook enlisted in the militia on April 21, 1775 at age 18 upon learning of the Battles of Lexington and Concord that morning. His company left on that day for Concord arriving April 24, 1775.*

*History of Northampton, Massachusetts: from its settlement ..., Volume 2, Part 2, Chapter 25, Page 359

"The Second Amendment protects an individual right to possess a firearm unconnected with service in a militia, and to use that arm for traditionally lawful purposes, such as self-defense within the home." Antonin Scalia

�The test of a democracy is not whether the people vote, but whether the people rule.� G.K. Chesterton

NRA Endowment Member