News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Why no June Appleseed in Gibsonburg?

Started by safari ndefu, March 31, 2010, 09:52:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

safari ndefu

I was hoping to come to town, visit the folks, and strike fear in the hearts of paper redcoats with my little sister--but my May is swamped and my July is consumed.  I was hoping there would be a June shoot, so I don't have to wait until the tail end of August...

Gordon

Quote from: safari ndefu on March 31, 2010, 09:52:51 PM
I was hoping to come to town, visit the folks, and strike fear in the hearts of paper redcoats with my little sister--but my May is swamped and my July is consumed.  I was hoping there would be a June shoot, so I don't have to wait until the tail end of August...

The Gibsonburg events are hosted by the Sandusky County Sportsman's Club, and they've got a lot of other programs. When we have Appleseeds out there, it shuts down the two KD ranges plus the Cowboy Action range for the entire weekend. So I think we're kinda lucky (thanks to Posterboy's efforts) to have what we have out there.

We'll love havin' you out there, whenever you can swing it!

Where are you located, by the way? Gibsonburg is my home range so naturally I say you should go there! :) But are there other options, of course, if you're willing to drive. Just none so nice, with the possible exception of (Ishy will be mad if I don't say it) Athens. ;)

Anyhow I look forward to seeing you and your sister on the 'Trail!

slim

As Fuzzy pointed out, there's no June event because the club is booked up. However....  Ohio will have several other events in June!

06/05 - West Jefferson, OH.
06/12 - Miamisburg, OH.
06/19 - New Philadelphia, OH. (600 yd. range - HUZZAH!)
06/26 - Lancaster, OH.

Carpooling and splitting room/board is somewhat of a foreign concept for most folks today since we've been taught to not talk to strangers anymore. However, Appleseeders are like one big family so if you want to ride along with someone or split costs, I'm sure there's someone from up G'Burg way that'll be more than willing to get you to one of the events listed above. If you want to go, we'll get you there!

Keep checking this board. Pick one of those events, and we'll get something going. I'll see you there!