News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

WI tag line

Started by Old Glory!, March 25, 2010, 02:54:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Glory!

Check this out:

http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=12625.msg104216#msg104216

How shall we tag WI?

RIVIERA OF THE NORTH 8)

HOME OF THE WINTER APPLESEED TOUR

Suggestions................

Quick, before IL gives us a name we are going to have to live with. $$-0

in case you don't have access to the above link...
Some of you may not be aware of the ability to "add" a message to your state board's title.

Take a look at the list of state boards to see what some other SCs have done to add a little "boost" to their board - to sorta add a little extra 'invite' to 'check it out'.

Think of a line of doors along a street in the Red Light district of Ansterdam, and how you want to put a little something 'extra' out to entice people to come thru your door...  (It's just some humor, let's all relax...  )

Here's what California has done, for example:

California
   The Golden State, shining for Appleseed

Not too shabby.

How'd something spiffy like that look for your state?

How to do it? Guess the easiest way is to contact the moderator with your suggested message.

Some of the others posted on other states, should give you some ideas...
"My primary objective is to change hearts and minds, for that is where the gaping hole in the hull of the USS America lies. I am looking to make a spark and praying that it will ignite, by their own will, into a bonfire in their hearts and souls."  PHenry

"Folks, this Appleseed thing doesn't work if we get a patch and go home. It doesn't work if we shoot a Rifleman score and remember the good times we had out on the range. It only works if we take that 7th Step and spread the 'seed. HUZZAH!!!"  Slim 

April 18-19, 2009  "The seeds of rifle marksmanship were sown in good ground.  In the end, then, every attendee walked away as an instructor for their friends, family, coworkers.  May you tend your patch in Liberty's garden well and through a long life."  Francis Marion

Thaddieus Ursus

Beer, Cheese, and Appleseeds

I know, I know. No alcohol while shooting.
Going for the tie in of great Wisconsin products.

Or
Badgering for Appleseed

Submitted for your approval.

Fred

WISCONSIN
    Winter Vacationland - can 6 million Minnesotans be wrong?

WISCONSIN
    Playground of Illinois - Border Raiders, sound off!

WISCONSIN
    Sun and Fun all Winter - ask any Minnesotan!

WISCONSIN
    Epicenter of Appleseed!

WISCONSIN
    Land of the Free, Home of the Brave (Grab this one quick - it'll go fast!)

WISCONSIN
    Movers and Shakers of the Midwest!

WISCONSIN
    Proud Home of Winter Appleseed!

Heck, it's hard to stop!!! >:D
"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine

What about it, do-nothings? You heard the man, jump on in...

dragonfly

Wisconsin: The APPLE ORCHARD  ..:.. ^:)^
www.facebook.com/WIAppleseed

K.I.S.S.
Lead, Follow or Get out of the way - Thomas Paine
Did you talk to someone new about APPLESEED today ?
The United States Constitution.

Garand69

"Becoming Illinois, One Range At A Time"
Garand69

WSMR 03-10 ...SAPPER STEEL!!!!

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." - General George S. Patton Jr

"One can covet success or one can covet being Right, but if he covets both, he will achieve neither" - Stimey

Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.

God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right, even though I think it is HOPELESS.
-Chester W. Nimitz

Gumballhead

WI - Illinois's Hat  **)

Xeyed

As a former Wisconsin resident for the first 35 years of my life. I would like to offer some suggestions.  Traveling through the states towns, most erected a welcome sign at the city limit's with the community slogan on it. It's amazing what people want their towns to be famous for.

I found a collection of these and thought they might provide some inspiration for those seeking to develop the state tag line. Or at least a chuckle. How many of these places have you been?

After reading them, I was inspired to write my original suggestion.  "GEMUETLICHKEIT and Guns." GEMUETLICHKEIT is a German word meaning among other things, Welcome, a  sense of community, Friendly, cheerfulness, the absence of anything hectic.

Or alternately "Gateway To American Heritage and Rifle Marksmanship"

Here are some actual slogans to get your muse on. Some are uniquely Wisconsin.

The attachment has the full list.

COMMUNITY THEME/SLOGAN
Clintonville The Good Life Unlimited
Green Bay Toilet paper Capital of the World
LaCrosse God's Country 
Lodi Home of Susie the Duck
Milwaukee A Great Place on a Great Lake
Racine Kringle Capital of the World
Rhinelander Home of the Hodag
Sheboygan Bratwurst Capital of the World

Or my all time favorite Bumper sticker " Come and Freeze in the Land of Cheese"

Living in Nevada now our states will be challenging to keep it PG Rated.

One Man awake, Awakens another. The second awakens  His next-door brother.
The three awake can rouse a town. By turning the whole place upside down.

The many awake can make such a fuss. It finally awakens the rest of us.
One man up, with dawn in his eyes, Surely then, Multiplies. Lawrence Trib

dragonfly

Quote from: Garand69 on March 26, 2010, 01:10:21 PM
"Becoming Illinois, One Range At A Time"

Hey Garand you got one for Il yet or are you going to just stick with IllinoiSUCKS ^:)^ I like it. It works for me.

D-fly @)

K.I.S.S.

colycat

G 69,  YOU HAVE TO BE KIDDING &) &) &)
"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine

Garand69

Garand69

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." - General George S. Patton Jr

"One can covet success or one can covet being Right, but if he covets both, he will achieve neither" - Stimey

Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.

God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right, even though I think it is HOPELESS.
-Chester W. Nimitz

bedford

"We know Lead"

Lead sulphide is state mineral, "Badgers" came from lead miners digging lead out of hillsides, etc.....

Pappy

Hello Group; Bedford is almost right, WE NOW LEAD! As a region - This is a true statement. Much to do this year... Pappy
Which has greater value?...... Ammo will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no ammo..

dragonfly

Quote from: Pappy on March 26, 2010, 11:43:30 PM
Hello Group; Bedford is almost right, WE NOW LEAD! As a region - This is a true statement. Much to do this year... Pappy

Darn English language Lead or LEAD? ^:)^

D-fly

K.I.S.S.

Pappy

Hello Group; There was a fellow Appleseeder once from the Illinois and Fox river valley who had as his tag (As long as there is lead in the air there is hope) at least thats the way I remember it... Just so ya know that not our version of spray and pray..
Take some time to bring this sport and the culture to those who are near you, do a little every day never to much but just enough to keep them comming back for more, it works.. Pappy
Which has greater value?...... Ammo will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no ammo..

dragonfly

Lets get all the suggestions together on a list and start a poll. Come on WI lets get some more ideas  :sos:

D-fly

K.I.S.S.

Shooterer

Wisconsin:
*Making Swiss cheese one Appleseed at a time.
*Once the badger state, but now riflemen have made them extinct.
* Where flatlanders come for protection when the shtf.
* Where men are men and the women can out shoot most of them
* We teach our children (to shoot) well.
Stand up for what's right.... Even if you stand alone.

fepowered

Wisconsin

Who Needs Caramel When You Have Snow

The Original Frozen Appleseed

If You Can't Find an Appleseed Here, You Aren't Looking

Appleseed Tundra

Where Everything Goes Better With Appleseed

Appleseed Capital Of The World

Home Of The Appleseed

Where We Speak Appleseed

America's Appleseed Land

Land of The Appleseed

The Great Appleseed North

Land Of The Free Home of The Appleseed

Wisconsin And Appleseed  Two Great Things That Go Great Together

"Today, we need a nation of Riflemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are
willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

JoeZ

Wisconsin...home of the Salute Heard Around the World.
Wisconsin, Algonquin for we's guys can do this thing eh
Wisconsin...it's a we can thing.
"What is she, that cometh forth as the morning rising, fair as the Moon, elect as the sun, terrible as the army of a camp set in array?" Canticle of Canticles 6:9

Old Glory!

^:)^
All great!  x-cept maybe that IL schmoooozer &) @&)

fepowered - oh great coordinator of the NE and moderator of the WI board - pick one and apply it!
"My primary objective is to change hearts and minds, for that is where the gaping hole in the hull of the USS America lies. I am looking to make a spark and praying that it will ignite, by their own will, into a bonfire in their hearts and souls."  PHenry

"Folks, this Appleseed thing doesn't work if we get a patch and go home. It doesn't work if we shoot a Rifleman score and remember the good times we had out on the range. It only works if we take that 7th Step and spread the 'seed. HUZZAH!!!"  Slim 

April 18-19, 2009  "The seeds of rifle marksmanship were sown in good ground.  In the end, then, every attendee walked away as an instructor for their friends, family, coworkers.  May you tend your patch in Liberty's garden well and through a long life."  Francis Marion

fepowered

What do you think, too long.... err No????   :)   

Land of The Free Home of the Original Frozen Appleseed, we do Appleseeds like we mean it. 

I will likely have to PM Fred to have our slogan added.  Apparently a Moderator does not have the necessary Administrative priviledges
"Today, we need a nation of Riflemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are

Garand69

Quote from: Old Glory! on April 10, 2010, 12:02:58 AM
^:)^
All great!  x-cept maybe that IL schmoooozer &) @&)

fepowered - oh great coordinator of the NE and moderator of the WI board - pick one and apply it!

Wisconsin... Where the License Plates on the cars in the parking lot say Illinois or Minnesota!!
Garand69

-Chester W. Nimitz

colycat

Badgering for Appleseed!
Is my choice
"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine

kilogulf59

APPLESEED - Behind the Cheddar Curtain!

Old Glory!

jrturbo

I still think "Lets Roll Wisconsin"  is the best!
Tribuo mihi licentia vel tribuo mihi nex.
If Appleseed is not about making a difference in this country, starting at the local level, then we are nothing more than a distraction that will lead to the loss of our inheritance.

dragonfly

WISCONSIN, not a rotten Appleseeder in the whole state O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0

D-fly  @)

K.I.S.S.

fepowered

Baring any strong objections we  have a new State Slogan listed.....

Snow or Shine We Make More Riflemen :)

dragonfly

Quote from: fepowered on May 12, 2010, 05:16:38 PM
Baring any strong objections we  have a new State Slogan listed.....

Snow or Shine We Make More Riflemen :)

I get the feeling no body really cares anymore, next topic.

D-fly

K.I.S.S.

fepowered

Quote from: dragonfly on May 13, 2010, 11:13:51 AM
I get the feeling no body really cares anymore, next topic.
Wrong side of the bed today? :cool2:

kilogulf59

Snow or Shine We Make More Riflemen...Behing The Cheddar Curtain... ;D