News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

New dates set for RBC in Douglas,WY

Started by colonial shooter, January 14, 2010, 07:50:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

colonial shooter

Okay folks it is official, the new dates have been confirmed by the FFSA president. The new dates are: IBC 5-6 June 2010, RBC 6-11 June 2010, and the AS to follow 12-13 June 2010. This change should be on the schedule soon. This should be a better event than the snowy one from last year, but it is Wyoming and there still could be snow ;) , you never know.
"When the government fears the people there is liberty; when the people fear the government there is tyranny." --Thomas Jefferson

Only the dead have seen the end of war
Plato

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George Santayana

B-Line

What's wrong with freezing temps., snow, rain, mud, mud, mud, and 50 mph winds?

B-LINE

colonial shooter

Nothing... ;)  just don't want to have to teach in it, if I have a choice. See you on the line
"When the government fears the people there is liberty; when the people fear the government there is tyranny." --Thomas Jefferson

Plato

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George Santayana

Gordon

The EIP for Douglas mentions "Riverside Park" on the banks of the N. Platte River, with free camping. The Douglas, WY web page indicates that "this park is a popular overnight camping spot" (emphasis added). Is it OK to camp there for up to 6 nights, like for an RBC?

What's the skinny on this? Is it as nice as it sounds?

Planning my travels,
-FM

Bill 3

Free camping is abundant once you get a state or two past Ole Miss....
"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education." - Samuel Clemens
"...that any man who yields up his liberty, in however slight the measure, is bound to become a slave." -- H.L. Mencken
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
"...we have the choice to pursue, in the course of our life, one of two sets of principles - either the principles of power and privilege or the principles of truth and justice. If you pursue truth and justice it will always mean a diminution of your power and privilege. If you pursue power and privilege it will always be at the expense of truth and justice."
The forum is but a blank slate that records what we type.  If it sucks, why is that?  Anyone have an extra mirror for people?

colonial shooter

The park is OK, however, we tend to camp on site. But IIRC they do have shower facilities, if not there at the KOA around the corner.

Plato