News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Calling all Instructors

Started by jmdavis, March 23, 2010, 12:20:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jmdavis

Well, we're less than a month from the April 17-18 shoots. Buckingham is looking sold out, and Virginia Beach is over halfway there. That's great news for the Nation, the state and the program.

But Houston, we have a problem. All of those shooters need instruction and right now we have 4 instructors for Buckingham and 2 for VA Beach. Appleseed and Virginia need your help. Virginia Beach could use at least another Red Hat and another IIT. Buckingham could use an IIT or two as well.

Two hundred and thirty-five years ago, thousands answered the call in Lexington and Concord. A week later, hundreds of Virginians marched with Col. Patrick Henry to force the crown to reimburse Virginia for the confiscation of powder in Williamsburg. Surely we can get more than six instructors (one of them from Maryland) to help wake up our fellow Americans on April 17 and 18th.

You've heard the call. What will you answer?
"If a man does his best, what else is there?"  - General George S. Patton Jr

...We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
  For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
  Shall be my brother...-Shakespeare, Henry V

"There's a great deal of talk about loyalty from the bottom to the top. Loyalty from the top down is even more necessary and is much less prevalent. One of the most frequently noted characteristics of great men who have remained great is loyalty to their subordinates."
- General George S. Patton, Jr

"Your body can't go where your mind hasn't been."
- Alex Arrieta 1995 NTI Winner

FiremanEd

Thank you Mike,

Everyone,

We've lost some Instructors over the winter, due to school,  events of life and other issues so we're really needing everyone in VA to step up and help us out in April. We committed to do two shoots on the April 19th weekend and we need everyones help.

Please, if you're available at all. Let us know and help us out.

Thanks,

Eddie
Are you a Rifleman or a clerk?? 

"Men sleep peacefully at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their part"   George Orwell

jmdavis

Yesterday was the 235th Anniversary of Patrick Henry's speech before the Second Virginia Convention. We all know the famous part, "Give me Liberty or Give me Death." That speech is one of the defining moments in American history. A fiery young lawyer stood before his fellow Virginians and pledged his life to the cause of liberty. Because of people like Patrick Henry, George Washington and Daniel Morgan, we don't have to pledge our lives, fortunes or sacred honor. We can make a difference with just a few hours of work.

Who will come to the aid of Virginia. We have two shoots for April 17th-18th. We have a number of instructors that are not available. But we have others who are silent.

You've heard the call. Will you answer?
"If a man does his best, what else is there?"  - General George S. Patton Jr

...We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
  For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
  Shall be my brother...-Shakespeare, Henry V

"There's a great deal of talk about loyalty from the bottom to the top. Loyalty from the top down is even more necessary and is much less prevalent. One of the most frequently noted characteristics of great men who have remained great is loyalty to their subordinates."
- General George S. Patton, Jr

"Your body can't go where your mind hasn't been."
- Alex Arrieta 1995 NTI Winner

VaWolf

I plan on being at Buckingham for Saturday, have to work Sunday. Wolfman
NPOA isn't everything, it's the only thing.

FiremanEd

Are you a Rifleman or a clerk?? 

"Men sleep peacefully at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their part"   George Orwell