News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR: Osage Beach, MO March 20-21, 2010

Started by ErikAnderson, March 21, 2010, 11:32:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ErikAnderson

Eleven intrepid shooters arrived at the Osage Beach DAR on Saturday despite calling for rain, freezing rain, snow and temperatures no higher than 40 (ish).  As we progressed through the Redcoat, squares, and instruction, the rain steady fell ensuring that there was no dry piece of land or skin.

By noon, we'd swapped out a few rifles, distributed extra slings, and had just about everyone shooting 8MOA groups or better.  We lost a couple shooters due to them already being sick and not wanting to make it worse (probably a good choice!) as well as a couple to the cold and windy condition.  We finished Saturday with 5-6 shooters left who ran through an AQT. We knew we had at least three on the cusp.

Sunday was worse.  Colder, wetter, windy.  However, I'm pleased to announce that 100% of the shooters showing up on Sunday earned their Rifleman patches.   Both of them.  :D Forum member 'Thursday' put it all together on the 2nd to last AQT and earned his patch.  Having attended three Appleseeds took the Orange Hat.  His first question was 'Where do you need me on April 17-18!"  ^:)^. Cameron took a short break to warm his hands and put up his Rifleman score on the last AQT of the day. Although it's his first Appleseed, he's planning on coming back to another Osage Beach shoot soon (hopefully a warmer one!!).

Thank you to Thor's Hammer (land owner) for facilitating the event, organizing parking, and the use of the 4 wheeler & trailer to haul gear!
Thank you to Longshot & Armada for putting the instructors up for Saturday night.
Thank you to all the shooters that came out, we hope to see you on the line again soon!
Congratulations again to Thursday & Camerson on their persistence, overcoming less-than-ideal conditions, and earning their Rifleman patches!  Well deserved!

nemohunter

Yep i came right home and registered. The wife is already talking about coming back so i'm sure we will be at the next shoot. Wet and cold dont even begin to cover it LOL.
PLEASE DON'T STROKE THE EGO.

Mogget

Nemohunter,

Are you the Nemohunter on RimfireCentral?

Mogs

EEL

Hmmmm.  Let's look at a few of the attributes that someone must possess to reach "Rifleman".

Persistence
Perseverance
Stamina
Self Discipline
Suffering
Discomfort
Desire

Seems like those very qualities were needed to get through this shoot. Congratulations to those that stuck it out.  Whether you earned your patch this weekend or not, you displayed the qualities necessary to reach that goal.  And in doing so, grew as an American.  You are now more prepared to face other problems with confidence.  You should be proud of your achievements!  Take time to savor the taste of knowing you overcame the obstacles thrown at you.

Savor it now, then get that hungry taste back in your mouth.  Bring equipment that works.  Bring clothing so that no matter what Mother Nature throws at you.....you'll be ready.  Ready to lay there, with rain pounding on your back, puddles all around, bugs buzzing about......and you just smile, waiting for that "Fire" command.

Hope to see y'all on the trail soon !   :---

EEL
Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.

nemohunter

yep i use the same name all over where i go on the net. i was ready but no gloves. would not have mattered anyway. EVERYTHING was soaked to the bone. waterproof shoes and rain gear  ::) yeah right. center fire next time. the 6.8 has been itching for a new challenge. this seems just the place to spread her wings and let her fly.

Jungle George

Good to see you online nemohunter and congrats again, now you will have to get Terry there.  Then grab that orange hat.

JG
"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel.  Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined."  Patrick Henry ,1778

nemohunter

Terry is tied up till who knows when with work. the gunshop he will skip but he is doing a re-model at the lake for a guy and thats gonna keep his weekends full for a while. i'll have him there sometime this summer for sure even if i have to drag him. i plan on bringng as many as i can muster to the next shoot. we shall see what i can shake up. the program just flat works AND the history you learn is also first rate.