News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

California Rockers- What Am I Not Getting Here?

Started by Freeman, March 22, 2010, 12:25:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Freeman

So I set out to try and put my AS oval and rockers on my shooting jacket this evening. For some reason they aren't lining up right. What am I doing wrong here? According to the first picture below (from this thread: http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=1641.0), the Rifleman rocker goes goes immediately above the oval and the state rocker goes above that. In my case, for some reason, there is a large space between the Rifleman rocker and the California rocker. (See the second photo below.) What am I doing wrong?

Freeman
n.
1. A person not in slavery or serfdom.
2. One who possesses the rights or privileges of a citizen.

"Liberty is not a means to a political end. It is itself the highest political end." – Lord Acton

Appleseed: The only program endorsed by the Founding Fathers and GSG9.

sespe

I flipped them so the bottoms match.  Somebody posted in another thread that 'we're not bureaucratic enough yet to have uniform police.' 
I appeal to you again to constantly bear in mind that with you, and not with politicians, not with Presidents, not with office-seekers, but with you, is the question, "Shall the Union and shall the liberties of this country be preserved to the latest generation?"  -Abraham Lincoln

oldgrunt

I would run with it ....Just feel luck to just have one..It looks great Cali's always been different so feel blessed ..lol The texas rocker was made the right way ..And I got mine lol
Follow Me..I am the Infantry..
                                         Iron Mike

THE MAN COMES AROUND..Johnny Cash

"If there must be trouble,..Let it be in my day,That my child may have peace".....

THOMAS PAINE

Fred

You'll find if you 'flip' the two rockers, they will fit perfectly. Most people I've seen will simply put them on as you have.
"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine

What about it, do-nothings? You heard the man, jump on in...

Freeman

I'm a little embarrassed to admit this (but we are all friends here, right?), despite the obvious, I was absolutely convinced last night that there was some arcane rocker installation technique I was missing. I had even theorized that they were supposed to be heated up and stretched into place.  :-[ :wall: Every once in awhile I have a tendency to make simple things complicated...just part of my um, charm.
Freeman
n.
1. A person not in slavery or serfdom.
2. One who possesses the rights or privileges of a citizen.

"Liberty is not a means to a political end. It is itself the highest political end." – Lord Acton

Appleseed: The only program endorsed by the Founding Fathers and GSG9.

sespe

Alright, I'll admit that I was so 'proud' of my new jacket that I wore it way too long last weekend.  It was much warmer this weekend, but I just had to keep it on when talking about Isaac Davis..
I appeal to you again to constantly bear in mind that with you, and not with politicians, not with Presidents, not with office-seekers, but with you, is the question, "Shall the Union and shall the liberties of this country be preserved to the latest generation?"  -Abraham Lincoln

jacques

Quote from: sespe on March 22, 2010, 12:08:47 PM
Alright, I'll admit that I was so 'proud' of my new jacket that I wore it way too long last weekend.  It was much warmer this weekend, but I just had to keep it on when talking about Isaac Davis..

I can relate. I like to wear my jacket when the opportunity arises. Especially at the local range here.

As far as postion. I sew so badly gaps make no difference. There are blood stains from poking myself with the needle. The thought of having to move them someday makes me cringe.
Two Words-Meriams Corner

LayloPro

Every once in awhile I have a tendency to make simple things complicated...just part of my um, charm.

**) ^:)^ **) ;D ..:.. @) **) ^:)^ ;D :))

Ya know, some crusty old Instructor made a comment awhile back about how roughly 60+% of the male Instructors are engineers, or engineering types.....

I am not surprised.....amused heavily, but not surprised...... ;D ;)

Free, feel "Free" to go with whatever way it works.....simplicity & (best) precision in all things......but don't sweat the small stuff.... O0

There will be more patches in the future, make sure you leave room for them...... ;) ..:.. O0

LLP

ps The thought of having to move them someday makes me cringe.
Two words....."Dry Cleaners"........ **) ^:)^ **) ^:)^ **)
"The truth only hurts if you're guilty." 

"Fast / cheap / good....you only get 2....Your choice."

"Amateurs talk hardware. Professionals talk software. It doesn't matter what's in your hand or between your legs. It matters what's in your heart and in your mind." Lt Col. Dave Grossman.