News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Virtual Muster Night!!

Started by gibbs459, February 02, 2010, 08:28:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gibbs459

Please sign in so we can all see who is in Nebraska. We need a head count. Nebraska is kinda new with Appleseed. This will help us all get to know each other so Nebraska can grow!

Also please list where you are in the state. We need to get some shoots set up.

Greg in MO

Regional Coordinator checking in...  Where are all the Cornhuskers?

Gibbs,  let me know what I can do to help you and ZombieHunter get more shoots on the schedule.  I will get the MO instructor corps to come up and help.

You guys get the shoots, we'll get is staffed.

Greg

Hatchet Jack

Hello,
I'm Hatchet Jack.  My family and I qualified in Grand Island, Nebraska.  We are all listening and anxious to help in anyway we can.  Our names are Jack, Johnson, Jake, and Hannah.  We hope to get Mom to become a rifleman asap.  We live in Sterling, Nebraska, which is about 40 miles southeast of Lincoln.

Thank you,

Hatchet Jack

PS We would love to attend a Bootcamp.  Wish there would be one nearby in the summer.

Squirrel7

Hello,
I'm one of those Nebraskans you're looking for.  I'm the leader of the clan that qualified in Grand Island.  I want to help.  I guess I need to check the forum more often.

Squirrel7

Greg in MO

If you want an IBC or RBC, find us a place to have one, and get some people that will commit to it, and we will bring it too you!

Greg

SwampFox7

Hello everyone!

I attended the appleseed in Grand Island, NE and thoroughly enjoyed and appreciated the celebration of America's founding amongst the fellow "appleseeders."
I hope to bring at least one other friend to the next meet.

gibbs459

We have an Appleseed on the schedule in Broken Bow for April 17-18. We need instructors. If you can attend, please PM Instructor Scheduling and signed up.

Grand Island is still working on a date. I will let you know when they're ready.

Good to hear from you again!

Can you check around your area for Appleseed host sites. If you find interested parties, I will forward printed information for you to present to them.

Hatchet Jack

How many people do you need to have a IBC or RBC?
How long of a range do you need to have for an IBC or RBC?

Necede

Necede checking in. Im just south of Omaha
Have gun. Will travel.

Greg in MO

An IBC needs a minimum of 4 IITs signed up to attend.  More is definately better.  IL just had an IBC with 50 attendees.  OH will be trying to match it next weekend.

RBCs don't have minimums that I know of, but I would say you need 10 or so for a decent RBC.  A week+ off is a big commitment for the instructors coming in for it.  Full distance is fairly important, since we are trying to make instructors as well as Rifleman.  It is important that the IITs know that what we teach works at full distance.

IBCs are easier to set up and run.  RBCs are great but require more resources.  I will do what I can to help you set up either though, so get to it.

Greg

Hatchet Jack

We have 4 orange hats in our family, as for a suitable range I'll start looking.

Necede

Gibbs459 I signed up for the Broken Bow AS a while back. Do you think you can find a Shoot Boss
             closer than Crak? That guy was great. Keep me posted on the GI shoot. I am approaching some
             people on this end of the state and may need your expertise.
Have gun. Will travel.

Greg in MO

April 17-18 is going to be tough to staff.  We have 4 shoots in MO that weekend, which will push our instructor corp to the limit.  All the other states will be similar, but I will see what I can do to help get you a SB.

G

gibbs459

Quote from: Greg in MO on February 02, 2010, 10:49:53 PM
April 17-18 is going to be tough to staff.  We have 4 shoots in MO that weekend, which will push our instructor corp to the limit.  All the other states will be similar, but I will see what I can do to help get you a SB.

G
We will have 2 Orange hats there for sure. NE Does not have any Red hats yet.
6 orange hats in state.
We'll take all the help we can get.

Hatchet Jack

I can speak for two more orange hats, we will be there.

Greg in MO

Make sure you get everyone listed on the instructor schedule.  That will help the powers that be see who needs what.  We will find a SB from somewhere.

G

zombiehunter

Quote from: Greg in MO on February 02, 2010, 11:30:18 PM
Make sure you get everyone listed on the instructor schedule.  That will help the powers that be see who needs what.  We will find a SB from somewhere.

G

SB found...  O0
Join the Nebraska Firearms Owners Association! http://www.nebraskafirearms.org/