News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Why no Appleseed in world shooting and recreational complex in Sparta?

Started by Tayous1, April 04, 2010, 08:47:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tayous1

As my first post I do not want to say this is Appleseeds fault! I'm sure there are a few members here who have tried to get an Appleseed going at this World shooting and recreational complex! But it has fallen on def ears! As we all know the state payed for this world shooting and recreational complex to make it sound like it is gun friendly! That IL GOV is for the people of it's state that are shooters! I have sent and called the World shooting and recreational complex a few emails and about 3 phone calls about a Appleseed shot being held there! None of my emails where answered and when I called I was asked why I was calling then placed on hold with no answer! Placed on hold for 30+ mins to just ask about having an Appleseed shoot is wrong! I did at one point stay on for 1.5 hours with not one person picking up the line!

Anyway if I'm here come the next Appleseed I'm going to it!! If I'm not there its because I'm in a better place!!!!!! Not death but Texas!!!!!!!!

EEL

Glad you asked Tayous1,  Let me give you a little background.  Our State Coordinator, Garand69, has been working very closely since June '09 with both R. Pearson (Pres of ISRA and Sparta board member) and his contact at the Sporting Complex.  We were, in fact, planning on holding the record breaking shoot there this coming Sept. 11.

Those plans feel through due to SASS having the range booked.  Soooo, we moved the "300" shoot  http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=12384.0  to Waterman, Illinois.  Did that stop G69?  No way!   ~~:)  He kept after Sparta and with the help of one of our IITs, M.E., he was able to get a shoot scheduled there for this August.  

Now, you don't see it on the schedule because we are waiting for the necessary paperwork to go through.  I'm sure you know how that is  #).  Glad to have you aboard.  Look at the Illinois section http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?board=188.0 for info pertaining to happenings in Illinois.  Might save you some time, effort, and frustration.  You can also PM G69, myself, or Pappy for additional info.

Thanks,
EEL

Texas??   #)  You gotta be kiddin' right??  ;D
Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.

Garand69

Yep, EEL is right we have one scheduled in August, I'll get the info up soon. I belive we will have several in 2011 if all goes well at the 1st shoot.

Stay Tuned!!!
Garand69

WSMR 03-10 ...SAPPER STEEL!!!!

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." - General George S. Patton Jr

"One can covet success or one can covet being Right, but if he covets both, he will achieve neither" - Stimey

Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.

God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right, even though I think it is HOPELESS.
-Chester W. Nimitz