News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Evansville, IN 7/20-7/21 2024 Rimfire KD Event Shooting Distances

Started by twenty2LR, February 18, 2024, 12:01:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

twenty2LR

Hello All,

I have signed up for the 7/20-7/21 2024 rimfire known distance (KD) event that will be held at the Redbrush Rifle Range in Newburgh and am looking forward to it. Can anyone tell me what specific distances we will be training/shooting at for this event?  I'm asking as I have reviewed both the general information for Project Appleseed Rimfire KD events as well as the details for this specific event and it appears that the specific distances for these events can and/or will vary based upon the range they are held at.

Thanks In Advance,

Twenty2LR

sur+rifle

Thanks for signing up, twenty2LR!  It is going to be a fun shoot.

It will be a 100 yard KD with the stages being at 25, 50, 75, and 100 yards.

twenty2LR

Thanks for the info sur+rifle, it will help me prepare.  Also, besides the three longer training/shooting distances will this event's qualification tests be identical to a 25m/yard Appleseed event qualification test as far as the various strings' respective shooting position, time constraint, transition, mag change, and other requirements?

ITB

Quote from: twenty2LR on February 20, 2024, 03:23:29 PMThanks for the info sur+rifle, it will help me prepare.  Also, besides the three longer training/shooting distances will this event's qualification tests be identical to a 25m/yard Appleseed event qualification test as far as the various strings' respective shooting position, time constraint, transition, mag change, and other requirements?

Yes. 

The only difference between a 25-meter AQT and a KD AQT is the number of targets in each stage.  In a KD, you're shooting all 10 rounds at one target for each stage.  In a 25-meter event, you have multiple targets for stages 2-4 with each target requiring a specific number of rounds - 5/5, 3/3/4, 2/2/3/3. 
"I will either set my country free, or shed my last drop of blood to make her so." -  Dr. Joseph Warren

" ITB glides through the highways of the Midwest like a Velvet Fog, unfettered by mortal speed limits, leaving only the knowledge of American Heritage and Marksmanship (and a faint whiff of ghost pepper sauce) in his wake." - Oz

CF KD requal - Muenster, TX  11/25/23

Geek

Quote from: ITB on February 20, 2024, 07:53:37 PM
Quote from: twenty2LR on February 20, 2024, 03:23:29 PMThanks for the info sur+rifle, it will help me prepare.  Also, besides the three longer training/shooting distances will this event's qualification tests be identical to a 25m/yard Appleseed event qualification test as far as the various strings' respective shooting position, time constraint, transition, mag change, and other requirements?

Yes. 

The only difference between a 25-meter AQT and a KD AQT is the number of targets in each stage.  In a KD, you're shooting all 10 rounds at one target for each stage.  In a 25-meter event, you have multiple targets for stages 2-4 with each target requiring a specific number of rounds - 5/5, 3/3/4, 2/2/3/3. 

For additional clarification, you still transition for stages 2 and 3 with mags of 2 and 8.  It is literally the same in regards to time and round counts.  We just add the challenge of learning trajectory and dealing with wind.  The neat thing about the 100y rimfire kd is your trajectory is very similar in moa to a centerfire kd to 400y.

It will be great seeing you again.  We have another rimfire kd scheduled for Jonesboro, IN this year too.

Geek
"That gallant officer is General Fraser. I admire him, but it is necessary that he should die. Do your duty."  - Morgan's orders to Timothy Murphy at the Second Battle of Saratoga 1777, Oct 7

Our cause is just . . . our country will be grateful - George Rogers Clark

"This country has been made by the Timothy Murphys, the men in the ranks. Conditions here called for qualities of heart and hand that Tim Murphy had in abundance. Our histories should tell us more about the men in the ranks, for it was to them, more than to the generals that we were indebted for our military victories." -  Franklin Delano Roosevelt, as New York Governor, 1929, at the dedication of the memorial to Murphy

twenty2LR