News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

March 16th Virtual Muster Night: Second Strike! CA Muster Here!

Started by bob 210, February 26, 2010, 11:15:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dinky Dao

I've decidied to raid the California board by signing in...lol.

Dinky
No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

"These blast points...too accurate for sandpeople. Only imperial stormtroopers are so precise."

"Wind...is a dirty mistress."

"Matter can neither be created or destroyed. Cosmoline proves it." - Dinky Dao

The ][rishman at Eureka RBC 07-10, " In the famous words of Bill Cosby...Got to bed, you're getting silly."

Dinky's Facebook page: 100% Applesseders. Keep up on the latest Applessed news from all over the country!
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1326377533#!

Rob R

Quote from: NorCal22Gal on March 16, 2010, 10:37:40 PM
ryan...lots of folks in the san fran/bay  area that think they are in Northern Cal....

laurie

Ahem, I'm in Santa Rosa. That ain't Southern Cal and there's only two to choices. ;) Good to meet you all.

Romeo's Hero

Rifleman's Cadence: one well placed shot every 2 to 3 seconds..... unless your hyperventilating (modified from AmbulanceDriver)

A vote is like a rifle; its usefulness depends upon the character of the user. - Theodore Roosevelt

Cal 7.62

Great 2 "see" you Dinky. I still think about your "NPOA drill from hell" >:D or whatever the heck you called it  O0. That RBC was such a fun week. I hope your feeling  better these days.
Cal 7.62
"Let us therefore rely upon the goodness of the Cause, and the aid of the Supreme Being, in whose hands Victory is, to animate and encourage us to great and noble actions - The Eyes of all our countrymen are now upon us..." - George Washington

bob 210

Quote from: civilian1 on March 17, 2010, 12:19:33 AM
Quote from: NorCal22Gal on March 16, 2010, 10:37:40 PM
ryan...lots of folks in the san fran/bay  area that think they are in Northern Cal....

laurie

Ahem, I'm in Santa Rosa. That ain't Southern Cal and there's only two to choose from. ;) Good to meet you all.

Hey there Civilian1! I haven't heard from you in a while. Have you been able to make it to a Chabot Appleseed? How about Ron at Circle S? Is he getting any closer with that berm?
If ye love wealth better than liberty,the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom,go home from us.We ask not your counsels or arms.Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you.May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen. SA

Romeo's Hero

Quote from: Cal 7.62 on March 17, 2010, 12:41:54 AM
Great 2 "see" you Dinky. I still think about your "NPOA drill from hell" >:D or whatever the heck you called it  O0. That RBC was such a fun week. I hope your feeling  better these days.
Cal 7.62

i have used a slightly easier version at many appleseeds since then  ~~:)... it's a lot of fun and a good test of cadence and NPOA  :---
Rifleman's Cadence: one well placed shot every 2 to 3 seconds..... unless your hyperventilating (modified from AmbulanceDriver)

A vote is like a rifle; its usefulness depends upon the character of the user. - Theodore Roosevelt

Dinky Dao

Hey Cal, glad to know the drill left a lasting impression. LOL. I'm doing good these days, as I'm almost at 80% health wise, and getting better each passing day. And while that may not seem like a good number to some, consider that I was at about 2% when I was out there with you all last year (I had only been standing up on two feet one week before I showed up). :o Trust me, it's a HUGE difference!  

So yep, I'm doing good!

Dinky
No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

"These blast points...too accurate for sandpeople. Only imperial stormtroopers are so precise."

"Wind...is a dirty mistress."

"Matter can neither be created or destroyed. Cosmoline proves it." - Dinky Dao

The ][rishman at Eureka RBC 07-10, " In the famous words of Bill Cosby...Got to bed, you're getting silly."

Dinky's Facebook page: 100% Applesseders. Keep up on the latest Applessed news from all over the country!
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1326377533#!

eaglescouter

In that case, "welcome back"

Quote from: Dinky Dao on March 17, 2010, 01:25:34 AM
Hey Cal, glad to know the drill left a lasting impression. LOL. I'm doing good these days, as I'm almost at 80% health wise, and getting better each passing day. And while that may not seem like a good number to some, consider that I was at about 2% when I was out there with you all last year (I had only been standing up on two feet one week before I showed up). :o Trust me, it's a HUGE difference! 

So yep, I'm doing good!

Dinky
Old Guy:  Do it long enough and you get really good at it.

Rifleman:  Sacramento:  Four Ought Nine
Full Distance:  Red Bluff:  What year was that?
Pistoleer™:  Hat Creek:  Three Twenty One

Make yourselves good scouts and good rifle shots in order to protect the women and children of your country if it should ever become necessary.
--Lord Baden-Powell
Scouting for Boys (1908)

Romeo's Hero

Quote from: Dinky Dao on March 17, 2010, 01:25:34 AM

So yep, I'm doing good!

Dinky

Well if you were so amazing at 2% I'm looking forward to finding out what 80% is.

Rob R

Hey Bob! GREAT to hear from you. I've not been to Chabot yet but I have been to Circle S several times and it looks pretty slow going over there. Ron's keeping busy with routine stuff but I'll get a more accurate report back to you soon. I do have a some friends who frequent Chabot so I'll have to coordinate an Appleseed with them since they are regulars. Keep up the good work and thanks for all you do! - c1

Quote from: bob 210 on March 17, 2010, 12:54:35 AM

Ahem, I'm in Santa Rosa. That ain't Southern Cal and there's only two to choose from. ;) Good to meet you all.

Hey there Civilian1! I haven't heard from you in a while. Have you been able to make it to a Chabot Appleseed? How about Ron at Circle S? Is he getting any closer with that berm?
[/quote]

LayloPro

That's sig line material there.  (I overheard you saying that on Sunday...)

**) ^:)^ **) ;D :))

Yeah, sometimes fun stuff just "erupts" outa me.....

With NewMOe, as we were walking back from the target line on one of those "balmy Corona AS's" (roughly 108 deg's), he mentioned feeling "pain"......
Since he obviously needed cheering up, I reminded him that "pain is weakness, leaving the body..."

He used that for most of a year.... O0 ;)

Dinky, ya know, it's good to hear from ya, but it would have been nice if you had mentioned -where- exactly, in Ohio you hail from....if I'm not mistaken, your place isn't all that far from our "family farms" out in Pickaway Cty........and we had lots of farms out there...... ::) :o
Glad to hear you're feeling & doing better.....it'd be fun having you guys out here again sometime......maybe you can get to go someplace a little more scenic....... ^-^ ;D

Be good now! :o ;D

LLP
"The truth only hurts if you're guilty." 

"Fast / cheap / good....you only get 2....Your choice."

"Amateurs talk hardware. Professionals talk software. It doesn't matter what's in your hand or between your legs. It matters what's in your heart and in your mind." Lt Col. Dave Grossman.