News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

A Pro-Gun Alternative to Pay Pal

Started by desertrat144, February 28, 2010, 01:20:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

desertrat144

This may not be the only spot for for this post, so anyone that thinks it worthwhile, feel free to copy it, shift it or use it elsewhere.

I just blundered across this on the Survival Blog at Odds 'n Sods: (Friday, February 26, 2010) regarding a new card [url=https://www.gunpal.com/]GunPal.  Per the sites description,
"The pro-gun alternative to the PayPal online payment service, is expanding rapidly. You can now buy thousands of items with the GunBroker.com auction service, where payments are accepted via GunPal. As background, I must mention that for nearly a decade, PayPal (owned by eBay, and both headquartered in California) has gradually turned the screws on anyone making transactions related to firearms or ammunition. It is clear that PayPal and eBay are trying to apply California-style Political Correctness on the entire nation. They have suspended accounts of thousands of gun owners, often tying up their money for months in the process. They have destroyed the livelihoods of countless 'mom and pop' gun-related businesses. I recommend that you both avoid eBay as much as possible, and get a GunPal account, since it just takes a few minutes to set one up. Their payment fees are lower than PayPal's, too! ... I was glad to provide folks with a way to avoid PayPal!"  (emphasis added)
At: SurvivalBlog.com, http://www.survivalblog.com/ (last visited Feb. 27, 2010).

Let me state that I am not involved with the Survival Blog, or GunPal other than reading the Survival Blog, and they have published complimentary articles about Appleseed.  Any alternatives to Pay Pal are welcomed by me, as they like to say one thing while doing something else.  Another problem is finding someone that speaks [American] English- Pay Pal is a U.S. corporation, so it would follow that their help speaks, and has a command of the English language- the language of the United States!  Yes, the U.S. Supreme Court has affirmed this once again.  seeFlores-Figueroa,  v. United States[/i] No. 08-108 (Decided May 4, 2009) Where an illegal immigrant uses the knowingly uses the identification and Social Security number already assigned to an individual, appeals his conviction on multiple legal theories. Court of Appeals conviction is Reversed. Note, this case also defines when the use of another's SSN is Identity theft, and how the Immigration Courts and Laws are flawed.  It is a great scary read!

Check out this card, philosophically it makes sense; the question is that of acceptance by merchants.

Tom
"Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond it's limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves." - President Ronald Wilson Reagan

jacques

I am glad to see GunPal is taking off. I have met Ben Cannon several times. He is a long time 2A advocate and Calguns member. Just look who Gunpal is made up of, that can tell a story all in itself. https://www.gunpal.com/gp?req=about   These are some of the top people fighting for change in California.
Two Words-Meriams Corner

desertrat144

Sounds good, I'll look into them further- as if I wouldn'tO0

Tom
"Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond it's limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves." - President Ronald Wilson Reagan

Fred

I am told the problem with changing over is that the Eventbrite allows us to pick only two payment services - neither of which is GunPal - perhaps one of you can contact GunPal, and see if they can work with Eventbrite to get this changed - and them added as an option?

Or have them suggest a service like Eventbrite for us to consider, one which would allow GunPal.

I'm all for this, but in this modern world you often find "the technicalities" force you into certain paths...
"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine

What about it, do-nothings? You heard the man, jump on in...

jacques

Quote from: Fred on March 01, 2010, 03:06:52 PM

I am told the problem with changing over is that the Eventbrite allows us to pick only two payment services - neither of which is GunPal - perhaps one of you can contact GunPal, and see if they can work with Eventbrite to get this changed - and them added as an option?

Or have them suggest a service like Eventbrite for us to consider, one which would allow GunPal.

I'm all for this, but in this modern world you often find "the technicalities" force you into certain paths...

Very true. It is just a matter of time before they are big like Paypal, well, maybe not that big, but big enough. There is also that reluctance to give out your very sensitive info to a third party. I will get ahold of Ben and ask him these questions.
Two Words-Meriams Corner

Jules

How do you encourage your current vendors to accept GunPal? I typically use it for Barnes and Noble, Mercola, etc. Not what I would call "gun " people.

Interested,

Jules
No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.

- Eleanor Roosevelt

desertrat144

Looking at posts in other forums, GunPal's problems may have been resolved.  More folks are starting to use them.

Tom

jacques

They also changed their name to GPal, To attract different types of customers,

Thanks for the heads up, I didn't see that so far.  Has the feed back improved under that name?  dr144
Two Words-Meriams Corner

SamD

I'm really into cash.

Me too! dr144

Fred

You can't get cash to pass thru an internet connection... :wall:

" ...there are very few problems that can't be resolved by the proper application of explosives!"   :) :D ;D dr144
"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine

What about it, do-nothings? You heard the man, jump on in...

jacques

Quote from: jacques on May 22, 2010, 12:38:23 PM
They also changed their name to GPal, To attract different types of customers,

Thanks for the heads up, I didn't see that so far.  Has the feed back improved under that name?  dr144

I don't know. I would suppose some people don't like to put it out in front of customers that we take "GUNpal

GPal sounds friendlier I guess
Two Words-Meriams Corner

desertrat144

True.  The concept of a 2A friendly alternative to PP was and still is great.  It would be even greater if eBay et al started accepting them, especially in light of their anti 2A stance!  It's been done before an would be great to see it happen again.  O0

Tom

SamD

Since eBay and PayPal are the same company I doubt if they will take GunPal.

desertrat144

Agreed, but it's nice to dream! 

RifleWoman

Yes, but Ebay or PayPal are not our problem.  We use Eventbrite and FlyingCart.  These are the 2 programs that we currently use.  We have a choice of PayPal or Googlepay or whatever it is.  We need the programs we use to accept GPay and we'd be set.  But also it depends on their reporting forms.  We have to be able to separate different kinds of transactions ie shipping, store, registrations for tax purposes so it's kinda complicated and not easy to just say we'll do this or that.
Many hands make light work and easy bailing.

jacques

Exactly, they have to get themselves set up to take GPal. We could only suggest it to them.
Two Words-Meriams Corner

Johnnyappleseed

Good thought provoking posts on this.
I will be watching this thread. If we need more hands on deck, let me know.
I always enjoy costing anti rights, (5thcolumn) entitites money + where possible prestige and credibility.
Yes, I still believe the person who wants to register, restrict, or consficate my firearm is an enemy. :o
JA
Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge