News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Calguns and Appleseed

Started by Double D, March 17, 2010, 02:53:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Double D

I spoke with the Central Valley coordinator for the Calguns Volunteers and have teamed up with them in promotions for the area.  I will stay in touch with this person to keep the thread updated for all upcoming shoots in the central valley.  Greasemonkey +1 will be tentatively attending the May shoot in Fresno.  I spoke with him about the Lemoore April 17-18 shoot as well.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=280812

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=280808

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=280802
"We are dedicated to this cause, but those that came before us were committed to the cause of liberty. We seem to be nearly unbelievable in today's world, but we hardly measure up to men like Issac Davis."  BaldDragn

eaglescouter

Old Guy:  Do it long enough and you get really good at it.

Rifleman:  Sacramento:  Four Ought Nine
Full Distance:  Red Bluff:  What year was that?
Pistoleerâ„¢:  Hat Creek:  Three Twenty One

Make yourselves good scouts and good rifle shots in order to protect the women and children of your country if it should ever become necessary.
--Lord Baden-Powell
Scouting for Boys (1908)

jacques

I have been in touch with the central coast Calguns person.  I have an on going discussion with him going about getting some possible Calguns exclussive AS shoots going.  I am working on it.

I tell him, if there are enough CG members interested, I will make all the arrangements for the range and everything. He just does not think, with the cost of ammo and what not, that $70 is worth it.  %)
Two Words-Meriams Corner

jmdavis

You could try a mini to give them an idea of the value of Appleseed. But some people don't want to be confused with logic or facts.

The $70 for AS was the best money I ever spent on instruction. Heck between the gas for the trip to Ramseur, 250 rds of .223 and 250 of .22, and a hotel room for two nights, that $70 was CHEAP. Even with all of that I got two days of training including lodging and ammunition for under $250 (helps when you hava a stash of Blackhills ammo that you bought for $12.00/50 rounds) and a car that gets 45+mpg.

"If a man does his best, what else is there?"  - General George S. Patton Jr

...We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
  For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
  Shall be my brother...-Shakespeare, Henry V

"There's a great deal of talk about loyalty from the bottom to the top. Loyalty from the top down is even more necessary and is much less prevalent. One of the most frequently noted characteristics of great men who have remained great is loyalty to their subordinates."
- General George S. Patton, Jr

"Your body can't go where your mind hasn't been."
- Alex Arrieta 1995 NTI Winner

Double D

Quote from: jacques on March 17, 2010, 03:44:21 PM
I have been in touch with the central coast Calguns person (Hopi) Shane is his real name. He is not as pro active. I have an on going discussion with him going about getting some possible Calguns exclussive AS shoots going. Got hung up in what he thinks should be free to CG members etc. I am working on it. He really has no clue AT ALL what AS is.

I tell him, if there are enough CG members interested, I will make all the arrangements for the range and everything. He just does not think, with the cost of ammo and what not, that $70 is worth it.  %)

Here is what i sent him
Greasemonkey,

I'm an appleseed instructor and local to you. I would like to invite you to an appleseed either april 17-18 in lemoore or may 8-9 for free. I think that we (calguns) and appleseed are trying to accomplish the same things. I think that it would be a benefit for both of our organizations.
"We are dedicated to this cause, but those that came before us were committed to the cause of liberty. We seem to be nearly unbelievable in today's world, but we hardly measure up to men like Issac Davis."  BaldDragn