News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Hey all

Started by Hawk_308, January 30, 2010, 11:55:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawk_308

Im in Va but am only a few miles across the state line on the north side of gaston lake . Ive been hoping to make a AS shoot since back this summer but my job has been getting in the way of the stuff I want to do , go figure.  ::)  Im hoping to make the yanceyville shoot in Feb and have talk to several friends of the family that might be interested in going with there kids .  :) But one of them does not have access to a 22 or any gun that would be capable of competing , Im trying to talk them into buying a 10/22 for the boy ... every boy needs a 10/22 right . Anyway if they do not are there any loaner guns that will be on site ? If not I can shoot on of my centerfire rifles and let the boy shoot my 10/22. Just wanted to know in advance that way I can plan accordingly . Im looking forward to attending my first AS .

Enjoy the snow.

txpirate

SavageShootr

Hawk_308  Welcome to the forum. I know that you will enjoy the event in Yanceyville.
"Listen to everyone, read everything, and don't believe anything unless you can prove it."' B.C.
"It isn't like it is life or death...it is more important than that." MrPete

Hawk_308

Thanks yall , Ive been shooting all my life so I have alot of bad habits built up that are going to need to be over come , plus Im a south paw . This year instead of buying any more guns I promised my self I would take training courses , hopfully a couple AS shoots , and a pistol and carbine course. Im going to bring my fal and most likely one of my ARs .

I used to shoot hasty slinged supported years ago before I got out of farming . Ive gotten older and .....softer now but heres a 277 yard shot I took out my bathroom window standing free hand back when I shot alot .I hate crows ..... Now they all laugh at me when I ride by.  >:(
ETA : savage shooter , that shot was with a 308 savage tactical .

SavageShootr

Nice job!

Savage does make nice rifles. Maybe I am a bit biased.

Post that picture out there and maybe the crows would stop laughing.
"Listen to everyone, read everything, and don't believe anything unless you can prove it."' B.C.
"It isn't like it is life or death...it is more important than that." MrPete

steves4570

Hawk-308 welcome. They are 10-22s to lone out in Yanceyville, I'll bring 2 for you if need and I'am sure that they will be others to use. Hope to see ya in Yanceyville in Feb. You do know that AS shoots can be addictive. Steve :~

Hawk_308

Quote from: steves4570 on January 31, 2010, 08:32:08 AM
Hawk-308 welcome. They are 10-22s to lone out in Yanceyville, I'll bring 2 for you if need and I'am sure that they will be others to use. Hope to see ya in Yanceyville in Feb. You do know that AS shoots can be addictive. Steve :~

Thats what Ive been hearing on other gun sights.

Stimey

Howdy!  I'm Stimey, the State Coordinator for North Carolina.

Welcome to Appleseed!  I see you already have forum access to the state board, and already have an event in mind to attend.  That's great!  You will have such a good time.  I would suggest that you also get forum access to the Virginia state board.  Virginia and North Carolina cooperate to a very large degree on the Yanceyville events, and you will see most of the attendees are from Virginia, as are some of the instructors.

Let us know ahead of time how many shooters you need rifles for, and we'll make arrangements for loaners.

Yanceyville is a great facility for introductory instruction the Appleseed way.  It's also usually a smaller group, with less than ten or so students.  That permits much one-on-one time with the instructors, which many shooters really appreciate.

We will be having a statewide instructor meeting on Saturday, and you are welcome to attend.  We will be dividing up some chores during the morning (we have a table at the Greensboro Gun Show and will also be working in one of our warehouses), so the meeting will not start until after lunch.  We will be discussing our upcoming plans, volunteer opportunities, new instructor education, etc.  Hope to see you there.

If you have any questions, I'll be happy to answer them.  Talk with you soon.

Mike Stineman
"Give me an army of West Point graduates, I'll win a battle.  Give me a handful of Texas Aggies and I'll win a war!"  Gen. George S. Patton, Jr.

Hawk_308

Thanks , Whats the location of the meeting? the gun show or else where? I have never made a greensboro show , mostly hit the richmond or NC fair grounds show . If its this weekend I might have to run it by my fiancee to see if she wants to go . She is into guns also , so far I havnt been able into talking her into going to the AS with me. But she is talking about buying a 10/22 or a 22 upper for her AR-15 A3 ,so maybe a little more talking and some flowers she will play along lol .That would work out too we most likly be going to pick up camper from danville saturday morn from having warranty work done.

Stimey

Final location to be determined, we'll discuss it tonight during Virtual Muster.
"Give me an army of West Point graduates, I'll win a battle.  Give me a handful of Texas Aggies and I'll win a war!"  Gen. George S. Patton, Jr.

Hawk_308

Ill swing by the Va board and say hey also.
Im trying to talk my best friend into going also but we have a jeep trip the following weekend so he's not sure about his time off. We have a small jeep club and run 4 or 5 trips a year rock crawling .Jeeps and guns are like peanut butter and jelly to me.
My jeep with Nick shooting one of his garands .... caught the clip poping out in the pic

his fully restored 45 MB

Hawk_308

Ok IM registered and it looks like Im going to have 2 ppl coming with me that are going to need loaner guns . They got 22 ammo today , only thing they could find was federal target auto match . I told them to get 2 325 packs of it yesterday . I prefer CCI but its like hens teeth here luckly I have a good bit of it.

Hawk_308

Thanks all , I had a good time and cant wait for the next time . Good ppl
Im uploading pics to my web site right now so heres a photo bucket pic to hold yall over lol

Me , Brad and his dad david.

Hawk_308

OK Pics are up on my site

Theres 2 pages of them , click on the thumb nail to get a med sized pic , to get the full sized click on the med sized pic .

Feel free to copy and save ,or link to . I dont mind hosting them I have plenty of band width .
http://southernvajeepers.com/Gallery/thumbnails.php?album=32

Karl2500

Jason,
Thanks for the photos!
Congrats on the Rifleman score,
Hope to see you on the AS trail soon.
Karl.
The best executive is the one who has sense enough to pick good men to do what he wants done, and self-restraint to keep from meddling with them while they do it.
~Theodore Roosevelt