News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

pssssst....EEL

Started by Garand69, February 16, 2010, 10:12:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Garand69

Shhhh, don't wake any of them up EEL, but it looks like the coast is clear for that midnight requisition of that particular Wisconsin range they forgot all about.... >:D
Garand69

WSMR 03-10 ...SAPPER STEEL!!!!

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." - General George S. Patton Jr

"One can covet success or one can covet being Right, but if he covets both, he will achieve neither" - Stimey

Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.

God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right, even though I think it is HOPELESS.
-Chester W. Nimitz

colycat

I guess yoos guys might as well take it over :-[ :-[  WITH LESS THAN ONE MONTH TO GO,  0 PRE REGS FOR RACINE!!!!!!!!!  :wb:
"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine

EEL

Coly, Coly, Coly......You think we are talkin about Racine ?  ?    Oh no my friend.  This is yet another range in WI that we are scheming to annex into Illinois.  ^:)^   ^:)^  

Look here for more info tomorrow.  I'd spill the beans to you...but G69 says he knows where I live.  Not sure what that means exactly, but it has a rather ominous sound to it.  **)

Racine..0 pre-regs?  What is that all about?  Do we need to cut WSMR short and bring some flatlanders with us?  We handed out a boatload of "neighboring Fliers" at the gun  show Sunday.  Quite a few folks there from the Norther suburbs.  Hopefully, they will sign up.  

Gotta go update our neighboring flier.  I see the Bristol dates are on your flier.  Nice work.   O0

EEL
Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.

dragonfly

Quote from: colycat on February 16, 2010, 12:20:52 PM
I guess yoos guys might as well take it over :-[ :-[  WITH LESS THAN ONE MONTH TO GO,  0 PRE REGS FOR RACINE!!!!!!!!!  :wb:
A month to go and the Great colycat :bow: :bow: has given up on Racine. Why I oughta &) &) &) &) &) &) ^:)^

D-fly Gotta keep the faith @)
www.facebook.com/WIAppleseed

K.I.S.S.
Lead, Follow or Get out of the way - Thomas Paine
Did you talk to someone new about APPLESEED today ?
The United States Constitution.

EEL

Well..................The double double secret, covert, incursion inside the Cheddar Curtain is complete.  Turns out, y'all didn't miss much.  :'(

Twin Lakes Sportsmen's club wants to do Appleseed events.  ^:)^   ^:)^   ^:)^  Whoa !!!!!  Yeah, but they want them as a CLOSED event.  That's to say, for their members only.  :wall:   :wb:   !@#)

That one caught me a bit off guard.  Told 'em I think we could do 1 and see how it went.  Further, I would have to confirm w/ the powers that be.  Advised that we have never, to my knowledge, done a "closed" AS, save the ones for the military.  Answered several questions from the group (25 ish) and handed out literature and some targets (Redcoats & AQTs).

They are gonna discuss it as a Board and get back to us.

Coly, left a msg on your phone.  Tx me when you can.

EEL

dragonfly

coly has lost his cell phone and tx privileges. :wall: :wb: @&)

D-fly @)
www.facebook.com/WIAppleseed

K.I.S.S.
Lead, Follow or Get out of the way - Thomas Paine
Did you talk to someone new about APPLESEED today ?
The United States Constitution.

AFTERMATH

I remember Racine, last year at about that time....
The weather was spectacular.  Here I made my midnight ride with all my winter gear filling my entire car.(I think it's still in there...)
I get there.  No snow.  No ice.  No mud.  Hot sun.  I think I got sunburn. 
Seemed to be the perfect combination, 'cause I walked away with a new piece of OD green material to attach to my jacket.
Ahh....  Good times....

As far as 'closed' shoots go; I'd say if they can fill it:  Why not?
But I'd want to get a guarentee... &)
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

ItsanSKS

Sorry to butt in here, but I can't help but notice the consideration of a 'closed' event- an event that is open only to members of the club.

I would personally allow this only under two circumstances:

1: that there be a minimum number of attendees required, each paying their way- NO FREE RIDES for a 'closed' event. 

2: that the range officers be willing to offer a Yes/No vote on future "Open-to-the-public" events at the conclusion (within a week) of this private event.

I bristle at the idea that a range would think itself so superior to the public-at-large that they would force a volunteer group of instructors to teach THEM, and ONLY THEM, how to shoot a rifle before the general public has an opportunity.  I would work diligently to find a land owner in the area willing to host an appleseed.. A lot less hassle, and a far better mind-set, I'm sure. 
"Those who would trade an ounce of liberty for an ounce of safety deserve neither."

"To save us both time in the future... how about you give me the combo to your safe and I'll give you the pin number to my bank account..."

colycat

EEl and I talked today and basically decided to forgo the closed event.  We have a range and a AS at Bristol right down the road from them, and they will be encouraged to attend the AS there.
"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine

Muskyjerk

Quote from: dragonfly on February 16, 2010, 01:38:35 PM
Quote from: colycat on February 16, 2010, 12:20:52 PM
A month to go and the Great colycat :bow: :bow: has given up on Racine. Why I oughta &) &) &) &) &) &) ^:)^

D-fly Gotta keep the faith @)

sometime you just need to start a spark  ;D
http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=21&t=397715&page=1&#4152025

colycat