News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Plans in the works for an Appleseed in S. Jersey ... and hopefully in N. Jersey!

Started by ConchMan, February 11, 2010, 09:54:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ConchMan

Folks, together with our New Jersey State Coordinator - MikeP, I've been working to help move us in the direction of more Appleseeds in more places right here in NJ!  Thanks to MikeP, it appears we may have an Appleseed coming up quite soon in S. Jersey -- so look for our announcement on that.

In addition, talks are in the works to have our first Appleseed in N. Jersey and that will make it easier for a lot more shooters to take advantage of this unique program and training event.

Also, New Jersey Coalition for Self Defense is hoping to bring its Right to Carry Road Show to some or all of the upcoming Appleseed events here in NJ as well.  That's an opportunity for interested shooters to get their Florida Non-Resident Carry Permit in the easiest possible way.  NJCSD brings all the necessary elements together at one time in one place so you can fill out the forms, get fingerprinted, get your photo and send off the package for processing for a small service fee in addition to the Florida permit fees.  Look for more details later.
ConchMan

B9

Good to hear! MikeP is a champion of Liberty. A busy man that you don't see to much of but is always working for the cause.
"It's very hard to engineer another countries liberation...people have to liberate themselves. Unfortunately in history, many people get killed..."
Medea Benjamin

JerseyJohn

As a guy who works in the restaurant industry, I work nights and weekends, and the part of NJ I'm in doesn't have all that many shooting ranges. The only ranges I'm aware of that are within driving range are all at least 45 minutes away, and are either private, members only clubs, or pistol caliber only. So while I love shooting and grew up doing it, I never get the chance. An Appleseed event here in South Jersey would be great, I could get the training I haven't had since being in the scouts, and I would have a chance to check out a range with the prospect of joining it. I think what you are doing is great, the only way to get rid of people's fear of firearms is education about them. Please make an effort to make it out here again, I will be there, my brother will come for sure, and possibly my wife as well. I personally will stop at every gun store I frequent and drop off fliers, even leaving them at the local library. Believe me, any Appleseed event in NJ will be filled quickly.

arpjoe

I have started a new job in Dover, NJ and will be locating most likely in East Stroudsburg, PA area.  I will be watching for news of NJ Appleseeds to sign up for instructor duty.

I previously thought Appleseed Shoots were illegal in NJ, but they are not. ^-^ ^-^
Starve the collective (Ref: Starving the Monkeys, Tom Baugh) and
restore the Constitution.

He is a fool who knows not that swords were given to men, that none might be slave, but such as know not how to use them..
Algernon Sidney
Discourses Concerning Government
Ch. 2, sect. 4, p.343

Colorado Pete

I used to live in north Jersey before I escaped back to America. I would like to vector some of my friends back there to an Appleseed, so good luck to you folks! Has anybody talked to the Cherry Ridge range up on Canistear Rd. in the far northwest corner of the state?
"Good shooting is good execution of the fundamentals. Great shooting is great execution of the fundamentals. X's are what you want. Tens are okay, but nines indicate you've got a problem" - Jim Starr
"The purpose of shooting is hitting" - Jeff Cooper

Mikep

There is work happening behind the scenes now in NJ. I believe that, in the not to distant future, the people here and elsewhere will learn of more Appleseeds in NJ and in different locations in NJ. Ideally, someplace in the northern part of the state, the central part and others to join South Jersey Shooting Club in the southern part.

Appleseeders must know, without the help of Bob and John from South Jersey Shooting Club, Appleseed would still be looking for a toehold in NJ. Once other clubs realize that Appleseed is not competing with their club programs but see it work to get non-participating members of their club into the club programs - once those members get the confidence to hit what they see, Appleseed is bound to grow in NJ.
"The right of the the People, shall not be infringed." So mister politician, what is it about those words you don't understand???

dwarven1

Mike, count me in for a Northern NJ shoot. You know why I love to come down to the Garden State.

Colorado Pete, where in Northern Jersey are you from? I was born and brought up in Fair Lawn (where the only range that I'm aware of is the police range... located at the town dump ).
Unhappy it is ... to reflect that a brother's sword has been sheathed in a brother's breast, and that the once happy and peaceful plains of America are either to be drenched with blood or inhabited by slaves. Sad alternative! But can a virtuous man hesitate in his choice?

GEORGE WASHINGTON

dart67eb

Good luck to youse guys!  I grew up in Carteret and to go to Pennsy for my first BB gun.  I hope you can make a difference!
Ignorance may be bliss, but it's not a virtue.

Colorado Pete

Hey Dwarven, I'm from, um, West Paterson, Parsippany, Rockaway, Hillsborough, Lake Parsippany, and Morristown!
Then I escaped out here. One of my old college friends is from Fairlawn (last I heard he was in Mobile Alabama).
"Good shooting is good execution of the fundamentals. Great shooting is great execution of the fundamentals. X's are what you want. Tens are okay, but nines indicate you've got a problem" - Jim Starr
"The purpose of shooting is hitting" - Jeff Cooper

lprgcfrank

Are you all registered for the April 17-18 shoot in Winslow NJ yet? - There is still room on the line!  Get the word out and help make this a Sell out!
"fundamental principle of American law that a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any individual citizen." [Warren v. District of Columbia, 444 A.2d 1 (D.C. Ct. of Ap., 1981)]