News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

What? No Athens shoot in August? (What to do, what to do...?)

Started by Spanner, June 22, 2010, 12:57:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spanner

Meanwhile, 75 miles to the south...   :o

(wait for it...)

Aug 28-29     Eleanor, WV  Inaugural Appleseed Shindig!  

@@)   ^:)^   :~

SavageShootr's informative  2010 Eleanor, WV Appleseed Information page.

won't you please join us?    &)  (I said 'please'  @) )
" Decision-making is the supreme manifestation of human dignity. "  -Jouvenel

MeanStreaker

Well that's just a hop skip and a jump, now isn't it?  :)  Knowing the beauty of W Virginia, I bet it's a spectacular location.   O0
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
--Thomas Paine

Used to ride a Kawasaki Mean Streak motorcycle.  I'm not an angry, naked runner.  :)

proneshooter

Or you could drive to Batavia (just east of Cincinnati) that weekend and shoot a 300/500/600 yard prone match on Saturday and a conventional highpower (standing, sitting, prone) match on Sunday.

I keep hearing how much Appleseeders want to shoot KD, well, here's two solid days of it in the company of some of the best riflemen in the state.

Just a teaser for you............

Sitting rapid fire from the 200 yard line

Prone rapid fire from the 300 yard line

300 yard prone rapid fire string scoring

The 600 yard line

Ratchett

Proneshooter,

Looks like fun! I just shot my first KD this past weekend in New Philly and it was a great time. Rack grade, iron sights M1A with surplus ammo and ringing the 20" steel at 500yards 'Oh Yeah, Buddeeeee!' Simply amazing how much those black silhouette targets shrink when posted at 500yds :o but hitting the black 7/10 was even better for a newbe :D :D I will keep practicing and maybe make it down to Batavia one of these shoots. But, I gotta go keep Spanner company on the firing line and tell some American history on Aug 28 & 29, after all it "ain't all about the shooting!"

Take care and happy  :--- :--- :---
In His Grip,
Ratchett
Remember only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you: JESUS CHRIST and the AMERICAN ARMED FORCES.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom-Unk

"The propitious smiles of Heaven can never be expected on a nation that disregards the eternal rules of order and right which Heaven itself has ordained."---Geo Washington, 1789

Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles.---Isaiah 40:31

A wrathful man stirs up strife,
But he who is slow to anger allays contention.---Prov15:18

"Wisdom is higher than a fool can reach." --P. Wheatley

proneshooter

Nurse, everyone is welcome.

So long as you have a good enough idea of your zeros to hit a 6 ft by 6 ft piece of cardboard at 600 yards, the rest is gravy.