News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Next shoot location

Started by SamD, February 02, 2010, 09:59:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SamD

NMMI9100 got us SJWF in Farmington

Who is going to get us Silver City?

Need someone to set up a shoot in Silver City
Who is going to call and get the range?

TaosGlock

These guys?: :)
Grant County Public Shooting Range   
PO Box 2009, Silver City, NM 88062   
505-537-2009
Outdoor Rifle (7yd-200yd)
89 fantastic Appleseeds since 2008/24 Libertyseeds!
Adventure Camp Director/Current Lead Rifle Instructor: NRA WC Raton,NM
New Mexico's first Rifleman: Sept. 2008 NRAWC
Their walls are filled with cannonballs, their motto is don't tread on me-Grateful Dead
Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers. It is a man of war and we are all crew-Boston T. Party
"Make no mistake, when you cheer for the people of the American Revolution, you are cheering for traitors and criminals.
They broke the law, because liberty is always illegal"- Larken Rose

SamD

SamD

Who is going to make that call?

NMMI9100, you signed up for Carlsbad yet?

Devnull

I am in Socorro right now working on a shoot potential.
"What the heck. I haven't volunteered for something in oh say 6 hours."

SamD

Devnull

I'll get in touch with the above range and see if we cannot get something going unless Taosglock is already working on them.

Chris/Devnull
"What the heck. I haven't volunteered for something in oh say 6 hours."

TaosGlock

Let me give them a call Chris and see what it takes to set up an event.
These guys are pretty close.

Their walls are filled with cannonballs, their motto is don't tread on me-Grateful Dead
Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers. It is a man of war and we are all crew-Boston T. Party
"Make no mistake, when you cheer for the people of the American Revolution, you are cheering for traitors and criminals.

TaosGlock

Did a little more searching. Apparently that Silver City info above is an old number that keeps poping up on search engines. #)
Kept hitting dead ends with no answer. :wall:  %)  Surely public range info can't be that difficult. Apparently so...at least for me. :))
More searching and I noticed I got the same name shooting range (GCSR) with a different-updated 575 prefix area code.

So I finally got thru to The Grant County Shooting Range which is on 12055 Hwy 180 E. Just 3-4 W of Santa Clara heading into Silver City, but east of SC.
Number is 575-537-5328. Hours to call are 9-5 F,S,Sun.

Saw a pic on G Earth. Looks nice. Looks like some trees and rolling green hills.

I will call them Fri. to see what it takes to set up a shoot at this public range.
Dan