News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Winslow NJ Appleseed July 18 19, 2009

Started by Mikep, May 21, 2009, 02:00:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mikep

I am glad to announce the first Appleseed to be held in the State of New Jersey.

The South Jersey Shooting Club, of Winslow New Jersey, has agreed and scheduled an Appleseed event for July 18 and 19, 2009.

http://www.mapquest.com/maps?city=Hammonton&state=NJ&address=840+Piney+Hollow+Rd.+#a/maps/l::840+Piney+Hollow+Rd:Hammonton:NJ:08037-2701:US:39.627421:-74.886293:address:Camden+County:1/m:hyb:12:39.627421:-74.886293:0:::::/io:0:::::f:EN:M:/e

The Event Information Page is here: http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=7300.0

Only 28 slots over two days.

Register now.

Thanks,
Mikep

"The right of the the People, shall not be infringed." So mister politician, what is it about those words you don't understand???

crak

:D :D :D

Excellent work, Mike!

I'm there!

Crap, I have a conflict.  Gonna have to take that back.   :'(

But you guys will do fine.
Check your drama at the door.

dwarven1

[singing] Well I'm teaching an Appleseed in Winslow, Southern Jersey; makin' Garden State Riflemen![/singing]

OK, the scansion is a little forced there, but the sentiment is there.

Soon as the signup link is posted, I'll crosspost to www.njgunforums.com.

Ross
Unhappy it is ... to reflect that a brother's sword has been sheathed in a brother's breast, and that the once happy and peaceful plains of America are either to be drenched with blood or inhabited by slaves. Sad alternative! But can a virtuous man hesitate in his choice?

GEORGE WASHINGTON

Mikep

The Registration link and event info page is up for this Winslow NJ event.

Here is the Event Info page.

http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=7300.0

New Jersey, Philly, Delaware; come to New Jersey's First Appleseed. Register now. Seating is limited.

Thanks,
MP
"The right of the the People, shall not be infringed." So mister politician, what is it about those words you don't understand???

Mikep

B9

Great news! Somehow I missed seeing this. If I can work it out I would love to be allowed to be a part of this.
"It's very hard to engineer another countries liberation...people have to liberate themselves. Unfortunately in history, many people get killed..."
Medea Benjamin

Mikep

B964,

It looks like dwarven1 will be the SB. Please check in above my pay grade to get in the mix. I'd enjoy seeing you there. I understand there are a couple people registered already.

Regards,
Mikep

Mikep

Mikep

dwarven1

Quote from: B9 on June 06, 2009, 09:29:33 PM
Great news! Somehow I missed seeing this. If I can work it out I would love to be allowed to be a part of this.
B9, I'd love to work with you again! PM Nickle and get in on the fun.

Depending on the weather forecast, I'll be riding down on Canth, my R80RT. (it's not that I don't like riding in rain, but my LTRs don't appreciate it! Yes, I strap my rifle case to the luggage rack.  :~)

BTW... if you guys know anyone who's attending, warn them that 250 rounds will work for Saturday, but they'd better bring twice that for Sunday.
Unhappy it is ... to reflect that a brother's sword has been sheathed in a brother's breast, and that the once happy and peaceful plains of America are either to be drenched with blood or inhabited by slaves. Sad alternative! But can a virtuous man hesitate in his choice?

GEORGE WASHINGTON

B9

I will need to see what I can do with rearranging the day job schedule.
"It's very hard to engineer another countries liberation...people have to liberate themselves. Unfortunately in history, many people get killed..."
Medea Benjamin

B9

Bump.

Are 10/22's legal in NJ? I saw in another post that hollow point rounds (even .22) are no go.
Medea Benjamin

jmdavis

QuoteAre 10/22's legal in NJ? I saw in another post that hollow point rounds (even .22) are no go.

I hope so. The only LTR's that I can bring are 10/22's. VA Shooter has removed all of the highcaps from his vehicle. I have cleaned the shooting bag of anything that might be construed as high capacity or hollow point. Now I have to go through my ammo to find enough standard solid's to feed the LTR's since all of my bulk packs are technically hollow points and most of my solids are match ammo.

Ah well!

"If a man does his best, what else is there?"  - General George S. Patton Jr

...We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
  For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
  Shall be my brother...-Shakespeare, Henry V

"There's a great deal of talk about loyalty from the bottom to the top. Loyalty from the top down is even more necessary and is much less prevalent. One of the most frequently noted characteristics of great men who have remained great is loyalty to their subordinates."
- General George S. Patton, Jr

"Your body can't go where your mind hasn't been."
- Alex Arrieta 1995 NTI Winner

dwarven1

What are you guys talking about??? 10/22's are not on NJ's Assault Weapons Ban - just leave all high cap mags at home. And as for no hollowpoints... if you're not CARRYING THEM, no problem. You can own them, you can shoot them... you just can't have them in your carry pistol. And since NJ carry permits are scarcer than hen's teeth, I doubt either of you have one.

Bring your .22 hollow points and shoot them in your LTR.  ::)

If you PM me an email address, I've got soft copies of the NJ gun laws on my computer I can send you.

GEORGE WASHINGTON

Nickle

Folks, Ross used to live there, still has family there, and he currently lives in Mass.

He knows what he's saying on NJ laws. I trust him, you should consider trusting him, too.
They have men amongst them who know very well what they are about, having been employed as Rangers against the Indians and Canadians and this country being much covered with wood, and hilly, is very advantageous for their method of fighting. . . . ".  Lord Percy

Sounds like New Englanders to me.

VAshooter

dwarvin,

We had heard the regs concerning hollow points were much stricter than that. I'm glad to hear that NJ will be more sensible about 22's than we heard.

VAshooter

gjwilliamsjr

this was posted in another thread..

"Just a side note, when you take .22 ammo, leave all that wonderful Federal 550 bulk stuff AT HOME - it's hollowpoint, and therefore verboten. Judges in NJ have been known to base the fine ($1,000) *per bullet* instead of per violation.

(I've got a 6-million-dollar ammo can!)"

I don't know where that information came from

B9

I did not intend to take this off topic. The 10/22 reference was in jest at the list of rifles that are banned. My better half had wanted to bring her M1 carbine but it is on the list. I have copies of the regs that Dwarven1 sent me and anyone that wants a copy can pm me with an email address.

I have signed up to help with this shoot and should be on site sometime around 9pm. It will be my first venture to NJ in over 25 years.

Mikep, is there camping on site? Hoping to limit costs. If not I will find a Wally World to park in overnight. Does the the $20.00 range fee for all participants apply to Instructors and IIT's? The shoot on LI in Aug charges everyone the fee. Looking forward to meeting you.
Medea Benjamin

dwarven1

Quote from: B9 on July 09, 2009, 05:16:35 PM
I did not intend to take this off topic. The 10/22 reference was in jest at the list of rifles that are banned. My better half had wanted to bring her M1 carbine but it is on the list. I have copies of the regs that Dwarven1 sent me and anyone that wants a copy can pm me with an email address.

I have signed up to help with this shoot and should be on site sometime around 9pm. It will be my first venture to NJ in over 25 years.

Mikep, is there camping on site? Hoping to limit costs. If not I will find a Wally World to park in overnight. Does the the $20.00 range fee for all participants apply to Instructors and IIT's? The shoot on LI in Aug charges everyone the fee. Looking forward to meeting you.
In reverse order... the range fee does not apply to instructors. So far, we've got me, VAshooter, jmdavis, MikeP and now B9. That's a lot for a small shoot, but that's one hell of a way to start off a new state and a new range. Works for me.

I'll be down in S. Amboy on Thursday night and head for South Jersey sometime early afternoon. I have a room at the EconoLodge if you can't find camping space. Be aware that since this is by the Jersey Shore, hotel space is darned hard to find. Not sure about camping, though.

As for hollowpoints... folks, I just brought my best friend two boxes of the Federal stuff last month. Honest... unless you SHOOT someone with a hollowpoint, or get busted CARRYING A HANDGUN with hollowpoints in it, no one will care. Just leave the ammo in your range bag, and even if you get stopped, you're clearly heading for a range.

And yes, the M1 Carbine, including civilian versions, is considered an "assault weapon". Damn it.

GEORGE WASHINGTON

jmdavis

Thanks for the info. Since I hadn't planned to bring anything other than a Ruger LTR or two. I should be good.

We should be able to give people some good coaching and hopefully maximize our Riflemen.

Mike

"There's a great deal of talk about loyalty from the bottom to the top. Loyalty from the top down is even more necessary and is much less prevalent. One of the most frequently noted characteristics of great men who have remained great is loyalty to their subordinates."

Sharpdogs

The wife and I will be there next weekend.  I finished installing the Tech-sights on the 10/22 and Marlin.  I will be zeroing them in at the range tomorrow.  Can't wait!

Mikep

Gentlemen,

I must apologize for not checking in here sooner than now.

As for all the questions about legal issues with hollow point and LTR's.

This is not an issue. I have them, I've bought them in NJ FFLs, I shoot them at NJ Ranges. Bring what you've got for this category.

Dwarven has described this issue accurately. Follow his advice for transport. Follow posted speed limits and you will be fine.

I live in NJ full time. And this is how I roll...Pack your automobile correctly, keep all shooting paraphernalia in the trunk, or covered (for your eyes only) in the back of your SUV, keep ammo and weapons separated, no preped magazines, leave nothing in the passenger compartment that would lead cause for search. Go on your merry way.

Do not bring magazines with capacities over 15 rounds to NJ.

And that M1 carbine is on the NJ banned list.

I look forward to seeing all of you folks this weekend.

Regards,
Mikep

Mikep

I am glad to announce the first Appleseed to be held in the State of New Jersey.

The South Jersey Shooting Club, of Winslow New Jersey, has agreed and scheduled an Appleseed event for July 18 and 19, 2009.

http://www.mapquest.com/maps?city=Hammonton&state=NJ&address=840+Piney+Hollow+Rd.+#a/maps/l::840+Piney+Hollow+Rd:Hammonton:NJ:08037-2701:US:39.627421:-74.886293:address:Camden+County:1/m:hyb:12:39.627421:-74.886293:0:::::/io:0:::::f:EN:M:/e

The Event Information Page is here: http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=7300.0

Only 28 slots over two days.

Register now.

Thanks,
Mikep

B9

Medea Benjamin

GaranDGunn

Hey guys,

I wanted to say that I was glad to attend this event.  It was a great mixture of good conversation on current american politics and great marksmanship education.  I was hopeful I could get past that 190's plateau on my AQT before Sunday was over but I'll just have to work more on it next time.  Speaking of I hope we have another Appleseed soon and I'll be more than happy to assist in whatever capacity necessary.

Garan.
The long haired guy with the "end the fed" shirt and folding chair everyone wanted.

jmdavis

Garan,

Thanks for coming out. I think that both you and Cynthia can shoot a Rifleman's score with some more work. You are very close, within striking distance. And, Cynthia showed dramatic improvement between Saturday and Sunday.

When you get your FOID (or whatever NJ calls it). Take some time regularly to dry fire. You know what you need to know, now its a matter of practice and practice. When you dry fire, get into position, obtain your NPOA, follow the six steps, and make each shot count. Do it until it starts to become automatic. As I told you on Sunday, the fourth stage is the NPOA stage. If you don't get, keep, and shift NPOA you will not be able to score well enough on Stage 4 to shoot 210.

When you get the opportunity to actually shoot, do the same thing. Use the positions, NPOA, and the six steps.

Remember, a Rifleman perserveres.

Mike Davis

BTW: I want that chair!

sandcast69

I would like to thank all the instructors for a great 2 days and a special thanks to Mike for making this happen in New Jersey.
Even though I didn't get the patch, I still left feeling a sense of accomplishment.
I now have the tools to become a Rifleman, it's up to me now. Practice, Practice, Practice.
I will definitely be doing this again!!

Thanks again everyone!
sandcast69

B9

Are we coming back to Winslow? The range was quite happy with having us there and it did sell out.
Medea Benjamin