News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Feb 27-28, Cedar City, UT: SHOOT BOSS NEEDED

Started by Instructor Scheduling, February 03, 2010, 12:44:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Instructor Scheduling

Hello folks, the Feb 27-28, Cedar City event is less than one month out. As of this post, there is no Shoot Boss and no staff of any kind.

It seems that Utah is on the frontier of the Appleseed program. I see that there are several IIT's in the state and others, willing to work to build the program. But the critical mass has not been reached, so there's still some need for out-of-state help.

This situation is a bit above my pay-grade; I'm just highlighting what I see, tryin' to stir the pot. I'd help more if I could but I live many many hundreds of miles from your beautiful state.

Anyhow, short-term goal and important: We need shooters, staff, and a shoot-boss for this event!

Who knows how to make this happen?

-FuzzyMath, on behalf of Instructor Scheduling.

V

Why would they need a Shoot Boss and instructors, they don't have any shooters either. Nope not a one signed up on that beautiful range, with great support from the local parks and recreation guy's in town who make the public range for our private use for the weekend, located right at the gateway to some of the best parks in the US, Bryce, Zion,...

I guess its time to stop sparing the rod and spoiling the child, time for some tough love, cos clearly the touchy feely help from those Californian Instructors who've trekked out there hasn't helped. Even Fred the Helpful didn't get it done.

So whats up Utah?

I know lets have a poll:

1. Being a Class III state with shall issue they don't need to worry about their rights. We're alright.
2. Being 95% owned by the Federal Gov they are used to waiting for things to be done for them.
3. Full of those "bunny rabbit" Californians who fled California at the first whiff of grapeshot all those years ago...
4. Still holding a grudge against the Puritans who made y'all trek cross country all those years ago so why do we want to hear the Story...

Mr Bill and I went out there, I even UPS'd an Orange Hat to a guy who shook my hand and said he wanted to help like many others at the shoot... Where'd they go?
Romeo's Hero, Dexter, and Hollywood Marine, some of our best, did the last one...

The local BOTG's are doing their best, Buttstop Comanche does what he can, but they can't do it alone, Utah.

Don't make us come out there Utah, this time we're bringing the clown bat.

Don't make me come out there... its going to get ugly... (Dang, can't find a fugly emoticon)

Ahhh, I'm sorry. Its just words... there's lots of smileys up there, you just can't seem them... you can reply with lots of words... or you can take action. Get some shooters signed up, get some past IIT's/Rifleman signed up to help and we'll teach them to instruct this shoot. Show us you care and we'll be there with you, standing shoulder to shoulder on your Green. And those aren't just words.

V

Fred

What V said...

Of course, we have only five (5) members of the Utah state board.

That alone should be shameful motivator to anyone in UT to get out there and get some people in this program.

OK, you five - the ball's in your court.

Whatcha gonna do? Stand around as the ship sinks, as Rome burns - shovel in hand, piling up dirt over your bunker?

That's some mighty cold water you guys seem willing to immerse yourselves in.

And somehow I don't think it reflects much glory on you.

Americans, hiding? In their own land? The land of the free, home of the brave?

That sound you hear is the founders, puking. :'( >:(

Maybe V is right. Maybe all the steel freedom-loving backbones are in California, and all the hands-out, take-care-of-me-Uncle-Sam, linguinis are in Utah?

Com'on guys - you're in Appleseed - and that's not the Appleseed way.

In a week, if you half work at it, you should have another 5 signed up on the UT state board - and another 5, the week after that.

Otherwise, if you still believe in the program, pack up and move - to California. O0
"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine

What about it, do-nothings? You heard the man, jump on in...

crak

We made three solid IITs at Kaysville that should be on the radar:

Rifleman2000
One-of-Three
Two-of-Three

I'm PMing them now for this, but you guys could spam them too :)
Check your drama at the door.

One-of-Three

So,   I went and tried to get permission for missing my last free weekend in Feb and got the evil eye from.... well.....    I'm working on her but it's not likely I will get the nod for Feb.    I have been watching for shoots in Utah and this one kind of "snuck up on me."   

Don't worry,  we're here.    Ask RW,  she knows what I spend my weekends doing.   (mention SCAT and she'll laugh)

Andy
aka One-of-Three   

sleepy Joe

I am going, and taking my wife to shoot  so we are working on bringing up the numbers
By the numbers

Romeo's Hero

Sorry guys - No can do on this one. That last trip out was very expensive and I can't miss work right now. Hope all goes well, It is a beautife range. Just make sure you pack some slime and a tire pump.

Fred from Hero Plumbing is a great local contact as it Will Christenson, we also have 2 IIT's in the area of the shoot, not sure if they are going or not but you may want to contact them. Make to to order a shoot boss box early as the last 2 times there has not been a shoot boss box that arrived.

Juliette
Rifleman's Cadence: one well placed shot every 2 to 3 seconds..... unless your hyperventilating (modified from AmbulanceDriver)

A vote is like a rifle; its usefulness depends upon the character of the user. - Theodore Roosevelt

lccmonkey

Lets make this work.

We have a great start in utah, But we need to step up!!

Please everyone involved in utah give me a call.

The kaysville shoot is in the works for this year, But we need to man the line in cedar also.

mike white

801-243-3110
From my cold dead hands.

One-of-Three

let me know when the Kaysville shoots are... I'll get them worked into my calendar.

:---

One-of-Three

sleepy Joe

By the numbers

Romeo's Hero

Rifleman's Cadence: one well placed shot every 2 to 3 seconds..... unless your hyperventilating (modified from AmbulanceDriver)

A vote is like a rifle; its usefulness depends upon the character of the user. - Theodore Roosevelt

Fred

Not quite two months later, and we're up to 11 on the Utah board.

Let's make it 12, and we color the state Appleseed Green! >:D

Or, better, let's you 11 get to know each other - most of you haven't even posted on this board, yet - how do you know to even PM?

And, let's work to get 22 on this board by May 22, and 44 by July 22, and...you get the drift. O0

Doubling every two months for a total of 12 months will get you up to near 1000!!!!
"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine

What about it, do-nothings? You heard the man, jump on in...