News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Tennessee Riflemen and Riflewomen stand up and be counted

Started by Big Papa, February 02, 2010, 10:01:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Papa

We need Tennesseans who have shot a Rifleman's score to post their screen name, location, date and score on this thread. We need to keep a running total of Riflemen!
Patch or no patch, you still have to cook! - Big Mama

dart67eb

Ignorance may be bliss, but it's not a virtue.

Big Papa

Patch or no patch, you still have to cook! - Big Mama

student

Live the life others gave up for you.

www.skillgarden.net

Lead, Follow, or Get out of the way!

TnTimberwright

TnTimberwright
East TN

Ramseur, NC
Fired Rifleman during the IBC November 28, 2008 (Thanksgiving holiday IBC Special that Fred, Believer and VaShooter threw for about 8 of us)
Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth.----George Washington

The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good.
----George Washington

Rock Man

Rockman and son Jason made Rifleman at Maynardville - November 09

jaydog

firebear

Calera, AL 1/15

Clod Stomper

TNStockmaker

Sclavus Americanus

sclavus in Unicoi County, TN

Earned my rifleman patch on April 18, 2010 at the Kingsport, TN shoot with a score of 225.

Orange hat accepted.
A slave is one who waits for someone to come and free him. -Ezra Pound

CraigC

Wannabefarmer

Wannabefarmer, April 18, 2010, Kingsport Tennessee, squeaked by with a 210!

dart67eb

Great to see all the new riflemen!  And how many new orange hats?
Ignorance may be bliss, but it's not a virtue.

Usagi

New Rifleman checking in - thanks in no small part to the coaching and encouragement of Big Papa and Big Mama.  :)

Tullahoma, TN - 5/22 & 5/23 (that rhymes if you say it)
Straight-up 216 (self-elected no .30-cal rule) - iron sights, bulk ammo, no sling, tube-fed rifle... lucky enough it was on the first AQT.

I love that sweet-shootin' Marlin 60!   O0

CATT

CATT here Rifleman score at the March Yanceyville shoot.Bulkhead shot-boss

TnTimberwright

Hey Steve,

Ramseur, NC  During IBC over Thanksgiving weekend, November 2008  First  211, then 213, and then 223.

TnTimberwright, IIT4
Bill
Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth.----George Washington

The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good.
----George Washington

axkicker

axkicker     Puryear, TN     Father's Day, June 20, 2010     215 and 216

Thanks Big Mama and Big Papa!

Kevin Brisbon

Tennessee Jed

Tennessee Jed.  Manchester, June 26.  Got a score of 219, thanks to some good advice on the line from from the orange and red hats.

TNLadyPrepper

My hubby, Dave, scored a 222 twice this weekend (26-27 June 2010) to earn his patch at Knob Creek Range in KY - he is currently stationed on Active Duty at Fort Knox, KY, with the US Army Reserves.  This was his second Appleseed - his first was at Puryear, TN in 2008, I believe.   O0

Broomhead

Broomhead here! Just got my patch at the Birmingham, AL Appleseed July 10th-11th. Shot a 215 on the final AQT of the event. Talk about shooting under pressure. Also, I wasn't able to get into the prone position due a serious back condition, so, besides the standing position, I shot everything in the sitting position. It was hot as hell and hard to see through the sweat in my eyes, but I had a blast.
I am PROUD to be an AMERICAN!!
Life and Liberty, I will defend them until my final days!

TN_Dadx5

TN_Dadx5 scored 219 on Saturday Sept 4 at Manchester, TN (my first event) to earn my patch and then a 228 on Sunday to make sure it wasn't luck.
^:)^

Went to Manchester on Oct 2, shot 224 and accepted an orange hat.  My 13 year old daughter shot a 217.  She accepted an orange hat also and is now part of the Junior IIT.
"A nation of well informed men who have been taught to know and prize the rights which God has given them cannot be enslaved. It is in the region of ignorance that tyranny begins." Benjamin Franklin
Visit and "Like" the TN Facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/#!/Tennesse.Project.Appleseed

MosinMan

Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it. 
~Thomas Paine

Grandson of Liberty

I am bumping this up because I know there are 9 (yes, NINE) new Tennessee Rifleman from this weekend in Manchester. Don't hesitate to check in here, folks!  O0

While I'm at it, I'll introduce myself as relatively new to the area. I was originally a part of the California Instructor crew, but after recently relocating the family I am meeting some great folks and pleased to be a part of the Tennessee efforts.

Greg, Clarksville, TN.
"Who hasn't done 'Number 2' on Bob yet?"- Jr. Birdman, Piru IBC, Three-Oh-Nine

vujade

I'll check in.  I was part of the Manchester crew.  Wonderful work by the Instructors there.  I got a 217 thanks to all the instructors help!  (and Grandson of Liberty's mat and Shot Boss's sling)  Thank you again!

wonderful program!

Big Gear

Big Gear, Arnold range (Manchester, TN) October 3, 2010 - 220 followed by a 231

CloudWilliam

I just moved back to Tennessee, Cumberland County.

1977 BSA National Camping School, Certified Field Sports Director.
1981 BSA National Camping School, Certified Program Director.

1979 Bachelors degree In Youth Agency Administration.

1984 Oregon National Guard Reserve Rifle Champion.

I am a past certified NRA Basic Rifle / Basic Shotgun Instructor.

400+ hours BSA Rifle Range Instructor 1977-85.

1986 Oak Ridge Sportsman Club CMP Clinic.

DCM Garand in 1987.

Appalacious

Pretty cool, CloudWilliam.   But have you shot an Appleseed AQT yet?  If so, score?  ;)
Condescension is a GOOD thing.

Grim Sweeper

Grim Sweeper
Steven Broomhead, Sr.
Arnold range near Manchester, TN
November 14, 2010 - 217
Nunquam averto, tantum armo iterum...
Don't retreat, just reload...

Castle Mountain

Excellent credentials.  O0   Now when will you accept an orange hat and walk the Appleseed trail
and help us to save this nation? :cool2:  Bring on that AQT and shoot well good sir and
by all means attend the nearest Instructor Boot Camp. O0

Castle Mountain

Quote from: CloudWilliam on November 01, 2010, 08:24:20 PM
I just moved back to Tennessee, Cumberland County.

1977 BSA National Camping School, Certified Field Sports Director.
1981 BSA National Camping School, Certified Program Director.

1979 Bachelors degree In Youth Agency Administration.

1984 Oregon National Guard Reserve Rifle Champion.

I am a past certified NRA Basic Rifle / Basic Shotgun Instructor.

400+ hours BSA Rifle Range Instructor 1977-85.

1986 Oak Ridge Sportsman Club CMP Clinic.

DCM Garand in 1987.
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam- will find a way or I will make one".
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."  one who has not qualified himself with the M-16 may not be considered to be a responsible citizen."

—Jeff Cooper, The Art of the Rifle

"Terrorism is the best political weapon, for nothing drives people harder than a fear of sudden death."
-- Adolf Hitler (1889-1945) German Nazi Dictator

"Once a government is committed to the principle of silencing the voice of opposition, it has only one way to go, and that is down the path of increasingly repressive measures, until it becomes a source of terror to all its citizens and creates a country where everyone lives in