News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Muster night check in.

Started by khawk3, February 02, 2010, 09:23:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

khawk3

Greg in MO

Maybe.  What are we going to do about that?

I'm your Regional Coordinator, and I would really like to get some activity going in ND this year.  If you guys find us some places to shoot, I will make sure we get some instructors there.

What else can I do to help?

Greg

khawk3

Hi Greg
I'm Kyle  I am in the Northwest corner of the state. I'm trying to get some people and a place to hold a shoot in this area.

Greg in MO

I haven't checked.  Have we had any shoots in ND yet?

If you get a location, let me know so we can get it on the schedule and staffed.

ndrifleman

Hi guys!  KHawk3, you're not the only one in North Dakota.  My brother and I (IITs) are on the forum tonight and we're up in the north central part of the state.  Did you attend any of the shoots this year in ND?  There was three of them, one in late May in Leeds, one at our family's farm in Bottineau in August, and one in Steele in early October.

"Alex" is the state coordinator for ND, although he's from Iowa.  He has been helping get some shoots going in the state this year and we've already got one up on the schedule for April 17/18 here in Bottineau.  There will be an RBC at some point later in the year (hopefully July) at the Rolla Memorial High Power Range.

If I can do anything to help you get a shoot going in the Northwest part of the state, let me know.  If you can just come up with a field somewhere with a hill in the background that'd be enough!  In March I will be adverting Appleseed at the homeschool convention in Fargo (1,000 people on average, good patriots most of them) and another big event near Bismarck in June, so hopefully the turnout this year is even higher.

The goal, Alex says, is six shoots in the state in addition to the RBC, and several new orange hat instructors. 

Let's make it happen!
"Let the high praises of God be in their mouth, and a two edged sword in their hand. " Psalm 149:6

"The glorious inheritance which our fathers left us we must never betray.We must seize the torch from their hands, and transmit it with increasing brightness to distant generations." James Thornwell

Greg in MO

Great!

Alex is doing a great job filling in as SC, but I expect you guys to step up and be running yourselves pretty soon.  We are happy to help of course!

RBC eh?  Hmmm... I wonder how many of those I can do in one year and still keep my job?

G

khawk3

Hi ndrifleman I couldn't get to any of the shoots here last year. I work every other weekend and all shoots fell on my weekend to work. I went to the Spearfish S.D. shoot In Nov. I am from Columbus not all that far from Bottineau I think 17/18 April is my weekend to work but will try to switch. I think getting a location over here won't be to hard. If we have a poster I can print for Bottineau shoot I will be happy to post a few around this area. Kyle

Greg in MO

Kyle,

If you go to the Appleseed Event Information section and find the thread for that shoot, you should be able to print out a flyer for it.

G

1776rl

Quote from: khawk3 on February 02, 2010, 09:23:47 PM
Am I the only one In N.D. ?

Im new here and want to help however I can. Anyone who wants to contact me please do. I will volunteer.

Greg in MO

Quote from: 1776rl on February 11, 2010, 12:16:33 PM
Quote from: khawk3 on February 02, 2010, 09:23:47 PM
Am I the only one In N.D. ?

Im new here and want to help however I can. Anyone who wants to contact me please do. I will volunteer.

Have you been to an Appleseed yet?  If not, that is your first priority.  That, and taking as many people with you as possible.

Greg

Plainsman

Hi guys!

I'm in Fargo and would like to see a shoot within 60 miles of here if at all possible later this spring or early summer.  I and my son would both attend.  If nothing close is available, we'll look at traveling to one, but need more lead time than what I currently have for Bottineau's.  (I wish I had checked in earlier and seen that!)  Thanks for all the efforts to put these together! :)

ndrifleman

Hi Plainsman!  Thanks for dropping in.

The important thing to remember is Appleseed is a purely volunteer organization, and without boots on the ground in a certain location, it can be difficult to get something set up.  That's why we need enthusastic people like you to help us find a place to host a shoot; we will be more than happy to provide you with whatever information and materials you need to give to shooting clubs and ranges to convince them to have an Appleseed.

I would be very excited to have a shoot in the Fargo area because I think it would have the potential of having a lot of interested people attending.  I still have that information you gave me on email a while back about the range you shoot at, but if you could approach the leadership with the idea, that would be awesome.  Also, I would assume there are other clubs and ranges in the Fargo area as well.  Really, all we need is some farmer's hill as a backstop for the weekend, so if you can connect with anyone that might allow the use of their land for a few days, that would work perfect.

Maybe some of the other guys will chime in here as to ideas, but that's mine.  If you're up to trying to put an event together than we will be more than happy to provide a few pointers as to how to approach the club/range and handouts to give them.

If all else fails, there will also be a shoot in Rolla, ND, on July 10-11.  The same week, starting on the 4th and continuing through the 11th, there will be a Rifleman Boot Camp also in Rolla.  That should be about an hour closer than Bottineau.

Link to the Boot Camp page: http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=12142.0

Link to the Rolla Appleseed Shoot page: http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=12143.0

Let us know if you want to help set up an event in the Fargo area!  As I said above, we'll be happy to work with you. 

Jonathan
"Let the high praises of God be in their mouth, and a two edged sword in their hand. " Psalm 149:6

"The glorious inheritance which our fathers left us we must never betray.We must seize the torch from their hands, and transmit it with increasing brightness to distant generations." James Thornwell