News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Check in here for GA muster night

Started by sanderman79, February 02, 2010, 09:03:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Col Barrett

Checking in from the theater watching bold fresh tour. I will find out more details about the scout thing. I think it just may be a good network of people to get involved with. We could easily reach a 1000 people between scouts and parents. Nothing has been set in stone and I know there is a lot of coordinating to be done, but I think it is an avenue to consider. Sorry I couldn't tune into the show tonight and be a bigger part of the muster, but we had commuted to this a few weeks ago with my girlfriends parents. I will try and check in laterr tonight on the forum.

snaphook75

Signing on....better late than never! Just got off work.

Snaphook in Woodstock

Appalacious

Condescension is a GOOD thing.

Son of Martha

Snaphook--good to see you here, thanks for joining.  Told Flathead he could rely on you and Mike with the technical class at Toccoa....

Andy--PM me or Flathead about meeting at Wilson Shoals sometime, we both live in Habersham Co.  Also both reloaders, could help out there.

SoM
Raise ye the stone or cleave the wood to make a path more fair or flat
Lo, it is black already with blood some Son of Martha spilled for that
Not as a ladder from earth to Heaven, nor as a witness to any creed
But simple service, simply given, to his own kind in their common need.

snaphook75

Hey AndyCraig, et. al....re: meet 'n great. I'm a member of a shooting club out in the boonies near Jasper, up I-575. If we could make it a weekday afternoon (or maybe even Sat. afternoon, if nothing is scheduled), I would be glad to host a get together. No limits on guests, as far as I know.

I live in Woodstock.

Perhaps sandwiches, cokes, and AQTs???

Snaphook

sanderman79

I'm would love to have a meet n greet.  I think that is a great idea. I am free for at least the next month.  I was thinking about driving up to Ramsuer for the AS up there for the shoot at the end of Feb.  Road Trip?

goose

^:)^  aww, you guys can't let Andy off with a MnG...I've been selling  a Toccoa AS for weeks now!  Geez...but, if it gets both him and his bro', Paul, in the mix, we're building ranks.   8)
"The most dangerous man to any government is the man who is able to think things out for himself, without regard to the prevailing superstitions and taboos. Almost inevitably he comes to the conclusion that the government he lives under is dishonest, insane, and intolerable..." - H.L. Mencken

goose

Did I see Apalacious post an inquiry about other ranges?  I sent a message to SWGA range south of Albany and to a fellow I met via some equipment rental out of Bainbridge who has a few thousands acres for hunting in SW Ga...haven't heard from them.  But I should do a follow up phone call.  John Cofty is the hunting acreage @ mossypondfarms.com  There is also a small 100yd WMA in Miller County that I mentioned to the Jolly Brothers. :D
"The most dangerous man to any government is the man who is able to think things out for himself, without regard to the prevailing superstitions and taboos. Almost inevitably he comes to the conclusion that the government he lives under is dishonest, insane, and intolerable..." - H.L. Mencken

sanderman79

good job goose.  Keep up the good work.  We all need to work on getting more shoots in GA. Way to go guys.

Raymon

goose

I'll keep prying the scout family in my neighborhood.  I've given their son, a selectee for the AF Academy,  our handouts and the web link...I need to check the hook for bait I guess.  I met a woman at work whose family is scout involved, so I'll go bug her tomorrow and ask about AS involvement.  Seems like a perfect fit.  Barrett and I have been spreadin' the word fast and furious.  I got Andy and his brother Paul to register on the forum, so I feel a small success there. 

Col Barrett

Snaphook, I think we need to meet. I am in Woodstock also and would love to see if we can assist each other in our efforts to spread the word.

As for the scout thing, I have heard mixed reviews the last few years about the direction of the scouts, but I believe most of the people associated with scouts are still a crowd who may be interested. From the way my friend asked, it seems as though he was wanting me/us to go to their property. I would think it would be a typical saturday all day thing, camping that night and all day sunday. I know my friend personally owns about 40 acres in Monroe, but lives up in Hamilton Mill, so that is probably where their scout group is from. I would think between the scouts, probably 10 to 15, their brothers(possibly sisters) and dads, we might have up to 30 shooters or so. I don't think it is something that can safely be done by myself. I would have to have others for all the other roles and I am not a redhat yet, so I can't really even do something like this yet. I think once we get in the scout network, it may start to catch on and spread to other packs.

DrJohn

I may be the last to report on board, but I have been on board for a while.  I wasn't able to log in to the broadcast, but I listened.  I'm working on a venue down here in coastal Georgia, but it looks like it's not going to be easy.  Better to pick the ripe fruit first, and see how this particular prospect goes.  I am available to help however I am needed here in Georgia (and to an extent in Florida) and am glad to see the Georgia program beginning to grow.  Bailing ain't bad work when you have good folks to work with!
"It is an indispensable duty, my brethren, which we owe to God and our country, to rouse up and bestir ourselves, and, being animated with a noble zeal for the sacred cause of liberty, to defend our lives and fortunes, even to the shedding of the last drop of blood....