News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

CHECK IN HERE FOR MUSTER NIGHT!!!

Started by Deacon, February 02, 2010, 08:56:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deacon

Thanks for stopping by to the Wisconsin Appleseed page.

Post a note when you are here so we know who is checking in.  Here is an opportunity to ask questions about anything!  Got a question about a shoot?  How about one of the new ranges in Wisconsin.  Post your question and hopefully we can get some great answers.

Here is a list of things to think about...........

1.  We NEED new range opportunities in the Wausau/Stevens Point/Tomahawk area.  If you know of any ranges, or if you have a friend in the area up there, please let us know.  We need to start 'seeding' the middle of the state!!!

2.  Look over the Wisconsin schedule and please send a PM to "Instructor Scheduling" and "Nickle".  Let them know what shoots you are available to instruct at.  If you are an IIT,  please make sure you are completing your P.C.'s for the upcoming shoots.

3.  Pay special attention to April 17/18th.  We have 4!!! shoots scheduled for that weekend.  This will be an "All hands on Deck" weekend.

4.  LBOTG  (local boots on the ground)  Please help out with promotions and get the word out on all the new Wisconsin shoots.  We have several new ranges this year and it will be VERY important to make sure we fill the lines so we make a great showing for the new ranges.

5.  Mark your schedules (I know they are busy) for Wednesday February 10th.  We are having a "Three Strikes 101" History Refreshers course.  This will be at the "Blue Spoon" Resturaunt located at 550 Water Street in Prairie du Sac, WI.  We have reserved the upstairs dining room so we will have dinner and work on the Three Strikes so we are all prepared for the upcoming Appleseed "season".  We already have 8 people signed up for this!

Deacon

Mogget

Hiya, Deacon,

I've been thinking about fun and interesting things to do up at Spooner.  I'll share my ideas with you a bit later, though, cause it looks like you're going to be busy here tonight.

Mogs

Deacon

That sounds great Mogget.  After all, Colycat will be busy on the other side of the state, so we should be able to have some fun, especially on sunday with known distance!

JoeZ

Hello all. Great to meet with you again.
JoeZ
"What is she, that cometh forth as the morning rising, fair as the Moon, elect as the sun, terrible as the army of a camp set in array?" Canticle of Canticles 6:9

Domingo

I'm here. I'll be checking in now and then as I am at work currently and not able to put as much attention to this as I would if I were at home.
"To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting"
-Sun Tzu, The Art of War

jrturbo

Tribuo mihi licentia vel tribuo mihi nex.
If Appleseed is not about making a difference in this country, starting at the local level, then we are nothing more than a distraction that will lead to the loss of our inheritance.

colycat

Quote from: Deacon on February 02, 2010, 09:01:52 PM
That sounds great Mogget.  After all, Colycat will be busy on the other side of the state, so we should be able to have some fun, especially on sunday with known distance!

Mogs,  If you have ideas on how to have MORE fun, you have to share them with ALL of us.  And Deacon, I won't be that far away, sooo.........
"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine

Old Glory!

Here ^:)^

Sure hope you're all bringing your friends to our next WINTERSEED, February 13-14, 2010 at SUAMICO.

OG
"My primary objective is to change hearts and minds, for that is where the gaping hole in the hull of the USS America lies. I am looking to make a spark and praying that it will ignite, by their own will, into a bonfire in their hearts and souls."  PHenry

"Folks, this Appleseed thing doesn't work if we get a patch and go home. It doesn't work if we shoot a Rifleman score and remember the good times we had out on the range. It only works if we take that 7th Step and spread the 'seed. HUZZAH!!!"  Slim 

April 18-19, 2009  "The seeds of rifle marksmanship were sown in good ground.  In the end, then, every attendee walked away as an instructor for their friends, family, coworkers.  May you tend your patch in Liberty's garden well and through a long life."  Francis Marion

mikes

Mikes here. Been dry firing and getting ready.

Trisha

Ahhshoot and I are here!

If you have any questions about promotions please feel free to ask me--Trisha

If any instructor or IIT need any help with PCs, like what you need to do with them please address that to ahhshoot.

LadyVetch

"If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our Country will stand in need of its experienced Patriots to prevent its ruin."  - Samuel Adams

Old Glory!

We have10 who have checked in, plus I see Endpoint in the Rifleman chat room, so that's 11.......for now.
"My primary objective is to change hearts and minds, for that is where the gaping hole in the hull of the USS America lies. I am looking to make a spark and praying that it will ignite, by their own will, into a bonfire in their hearts and souls."  PHenry

"Folks, this Appleseed thing doesn't work if we get a patch and go home. It doesn't work if we shoot a Rifleman score and remember the good times we had out on the range. It only works if we take that 7th Step and spread the 'seed. HUZZAH!!!"  Slim 

April 18-19, 2009  "The seeds of rifle marksmanship were sown in good ground.  In the end, then, every attendee walked away as an instructor for their friends, family, coworkers.  May you tend your patch in Liberty's garden well and through a long life."  Francis Marion

Old Glory!

Hi Mikes!  Welcome to the Forum.   What part of the State are you in?

Old Glory!

Welcome Domingo!  What part of the State are you from?

Colycat and I are near Baraboo.

mikes

Green Bay area. Shot at rainy and cold Shiocton and hot Suamico last year.

Old Glory!

Quote from: mikes on February 02, 2010, 09:21:51 PM
Green Bay area. Shot at rainy and cold Shiocton and hot Suamico last year.

Wow!  Shiocton 2009!  That was a GREAT Appleseed.   I was so impressed by the shooters.  No WIMPS with all the rain and cold weather.

We could use some help promoting SUAMICO, February 13-14, 2010.  You have some friends you can bring?

OG

JoeZ

Where do I post these questions?

Can we offer the paid no-shows from Hubertus Jan 10 shoot a spot on the underpopulated line at Suamico? If so someone needs to email them.

What about the idea that if someone pays for 2 days he's got a pass for as many Appleseeds it takes to achieve rifleman?

Thanks,
JoeZ
"What is she, that cometh forth as the morning rising, fair as the Moon, elect as the sun, terrible as the army of a camp set in array?" Canticle of Canticles 6:9

Mogget

JoeZ, why don't you ask those questions of Riflewoman up in the Virtual Muster Area?  I know she's got a live thread up there and she's pumping out answers to those kinds of weapons. questions.  Geez.  What am I thinking?

Mogs

jrturbo

Uh.... if you are the Shoot Boss I'd think that you can do what ever it takes to take care of the students.....  Nuff said?   After all we are WISCONSIN!!!!
Tribuo mihi licentia vel tribuo mihi nex.
If Appleseed is not about making a difference in this country, starting at the local level, then we are nothing more than a distraction that will lead to the loss of our inheritance.

colycat

Quote from: JoeZ on February 02, 2010, 09:26:23 PM
Where do I post these questions?

Can we offer the paid no-shows from Hubertus Jan 10 shoot a spot on the underpopulated line at Suamico? If so someone needs to email them.

What about the idea that if someone pays for 2 days he's got a pass for as many Appleseeds it takes to achieve rifleman?

Thanks,
JoeZ

Riflewoman takes care of refunds.  The two day idea is Guys,  and I don't think it went anywhere.  Yet!!
"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine

Domingo

Quote from: Old Glory! on February 02, 2010, 09:20:41 PM
Welcome Domingo!  What part of the State are you from?

Colycat and I are near Baraboo.

Green Bay, Wi here.
"To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting"
-Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Old Glory!

Old Glory!

CGinWI

Hello from Greenville,
How is every one ? I'm hoping to shoot a couple appleseeds this year , Shiocton (home range) and maybe Suamico but thats more of a drive
but I guess I did drive to MN for one last Sep. LOL !!   **)
O and I think I'm going to try to shoot Rifleman left handed this year !!

mikes

RE: Shiocton- I was real impressed with all the people that stayed on Sat and then came back for Sun. I think I was the first Rifleman at Shiocton- 216. I was impressed. Would like to shoot in Feb at Suamico but want to sign up for the April shoot. Been unemployed too long and funds are really getting tight. Trying to get a couple of takers but no commitment. Will be getting some flyers up though.

colycat

Domingo and Mikes,

Can you guys get together with Fe and get some promotion going for Suamico?  I think only one is signed up.  Also we should get someone to take care of getting the line materials for this range.

What do you think???

ahhshoot

Huh. I see we've tapped into a whole new method of post count raising.  ;)
soon OG will not only have 74 stars, but hero member and some witty saying under her name.
The past is only the future with the lights on.

Deacon

Quote from: CGinWI on February 02, 2010, 09:36:11 PM
Hello from Greenville,
How is every one ? I'm hoping to shoot a couple appleseeds this year , Shiocton (home range) and maybe Suamico but thats more of a drive
but I guess I did drive to MN for one last Sep. LOL !!   **)
O and I think I'm going to try to shoot Rifleman left handed this year !!

Left Handed?  Wow!  I have heard shooters want to go from scope to iron sights,  .22lr to centerfire,  but right to left handed!  Come over to Spooner, I would like to be there!

Old Glory!

Welcome CGinWI.  

For those of you who can help hang and hand out some flyers for Suamico, they are located at the bottom of the information page here.
http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=11011.0

Download, print and hang.   :--- :---

It's going to be a fun event; just as the winterseed at Hubertus in January!
8)

Deacon

Quote from: ahhshoot on February 02, 2010, 09:38:34 PM
Huh. I see we've tapped into a whole new method of post count raising.  ;)
soon OG will not only have 74 stars, but hero member and some witty saying under her name.

Ahhshoot,  I didn't even think about that............consider this post one more to catching up to OG!  ^:)^ (78 and counting)