News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Muster Night ...

Started by ConchMan, February 02, 2010, 08:07:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ConchMan

Actually, I prefer mustard ...

Seriously, I wanted to check in early for this even though I have to log out early to be at an appointment in a bit.  Hopefully there are others in NJ that will be logging on and we can get in touch to help make things happen in NJ.  Yeh, baby!!!!

So, those of you out there in NJ who want to join forces and get the ball rolling to bring NJ out of the dark ages regarding gun rights, gun laws and personal preparedness ... give me a shout and we'll get together and start making it happen!

I'll check in later to see what happened.
ConchMan

isaiahsauras

hi i'm new to appleseed, and live in Jersey. i only have a 20 gage and a sig 239, i also have a marlin 30/30 that my x husband left here with me, i enjoy target and skeet shooting. I heard about appleseed by a friend on Youtube who goes by the name nineteenecho, i think his name is johnny or alfonzo. i'm really looking forward to attend one of the events! I have to go out for a bit but will return shortly

Johnny

Hey Girl! Its me ++)  I'm so glad your here!  Looks like your the only NJ here right now!! Welcome!
"GOD has intrusted you with educating your children. Teach them all that you know!"
"There is a circle of protection you put your family in. For some this is extended to friends, and for others, even to total strangers." Quote from "Gralen".

ConchMan

Hey!  I'm back and present again.  Anybody else still here?  I'm from Northern NJ, Clifton in Passaic County.
ConchMan

isaiahsauras

hi i live in ocean county new jersey, im still here, new to appleseed but looking forward to atend an event, have you been to any in Newyork? Do they ever have any in Jersey? I saw a post about the Garden State, and women

ConchMan

I'm working on getting Appleseed going in NJ ... we've never had one here in the state, but there have been a few nearby in PA.  I'm also involved with another group local to NJ, the New Jersey Coalition for Self Defense (www.njcsd.org).  We do something called the "Right to Carry Road Show", which gets all the necessary items and people together to allow an interested party to come to one place, pay one fee and get everything done to apply for the Florida Non-Resident Carry Permit.  This doesn't allow you to carry in NJ, but it IS recognized in 33 states.  I'm hopeful that once we get Appleseed going we can also do the RTCRS at those events as well.
ConchMan

isaiahsauras

Ok, i'm going to check that websight out, i just logged on to the radio show and listening in as i type, please keep me posted on the new jersey project, i currently am a member at an indoor shooting range, im going to mention Appleseed to the members ther, though im new to it im learning a heck of a lot so far :)

ConchMan

Great!  The more you talk up the program, the more people will check it out on this forum and the more likely it will be that we can get something going for us here in NJ.  Let me know if there is anything I can do to help you out.
ConchMan

Colorado Pete

Hi folks, I am a NJ expatriate, but I have spread the Appleseed word around to my old friends there, and I am hoping that you folks can get something up and running there!
Currently I'm an orange hat in central Colorado, things are starting to pick up here! Good luck in NJ!
"Good shooting is good execution of the fundamentals. Great shooting is great execution of the fundamentals. X's are what you want. Tens are okay, but nines indicate you've got a problem" - Jim Starr
"The purpose of shooting is hitting" - Jeff Cooper

ConchMan

OK ... I'm signing off for now.  If anyone wants to email me you can find me at ar3thur@all1.net or execdir@njcsd.org

Sharpen your rifles!
ConchMan

dart67eb

Me, too. Originally from Carteret.  I always post my appleseed stuff on facebook for the folks in Jersey.

Quote from: Colorado Pete on February 02, 2010, 11:00:35 PM
Hi folks, I am a NJ expatriate, but I have spread the Appleseed word around to my old friends there, and I am hoping that you folks can get something up and running there!
Currently I'm an orange hat in central Colorado, things are starting to pick up here! Good luck in NJ!
Ignorance may be bliss, but it's not a virtue.

ConchMan

I'd like it very much if the State Coordinator for NJ would reach out to me.  I'm trying to help promote Appleseed in NJ and would like to see my other organization, New Jersey Coalition for Self Defense, work cooperatively with RWVA to move things forward here.  There are mutually beneficial programs that compiment each other and that, I think, would help advance our collective cause for the benefit of all NJ shooters.

Please contact me at your earliest convenience.  Thanks!!!

Cell:  201-966-3460
Email: ar3thur@all1.net or execdir@njcsd.org
ConchMan

B9

Quote from: ConchMan on February 02, 2010, 10:38:08 PM
I'm working on getting Appleseed going in NJ ... we've never had one here in the state, but there have been a few nearby in PA.  I'm also involved with another group local to NJ, the New Jersey Coalition for Self Defense (www.njcsd.org).  We do something called the "Right to Carry Road Show", which gets all the necessary items and people together to allow an interested party to come to one place, pay one fee and get everything done to apply for the Florida Non-Resident Carry Permit.  This doesn't allow you to carry in NJ, but it IS recognized in 33 states.  I'm hopeful that once we get Appleseed going we can also do the RTCRS at those events as well.

http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=8226.0

The NY team is more than willing to help you if you need.
"It's very hard to engineer another countries liberation...people have to liberate themselves. Unfortunately in history, many people get killed..."
Medea Benjamin

Another D.O.M.

Quote from: B9 on February 03, 2010, 10:23:49 AMThe NY team is more than willing to help you if you need.
Yessir!  If you folks in NJ need anything, give us a holler.  And if you're able to travel, we've plenty of shoots set up for the coming year.  Calverton is probably the closest to you right now: http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=10175.0.
"Dark & difficult times lie ahead.  Soon we must all face the choice between what is right, and what is easy."  Dumbledore

Nickle

Quote from: ConchMan on February 02, 2010, 10:38:08 PM
I'm working on getting Appleseed going in NJ ... we've never had one here in the state, but there have been a few nearby in PA.  

Well, we had one in NJ just last year. South Jersey. July 18-19, 2009 Winslow, NJ. I do believe we'll be back there, too.

Art, I'll extend an invite to you to come to one of the south or eastern NY events. Van Etten and Saratoga are good choices.

About 200 miles from you, but some of them are definitely worth the trip.
They have men amongst them who know very well what they are about, having been employed as Rangers against the Indians and Canadians and this country being much covered with wood, and hilly, is very advantageous for their method of fighting. . . . ".  Lord Percy

Sounds like New Englanders to me.

ConchMan

Hey, Nickle ...

It seems like it's been a long, long time ...
ConchMan

Nickle

Yup, it has been. That NJ event last year kind of snuck under the radar for some folks. Major thing, getting into that state. Hard to believe we'd crack NJ before DE or MD.

Welcome back, Art.
They have men amongst them who know very well what they are about, having been employed as Rangers against the Indians and Canadians and this country being much covered with wood, and hilly, is very advantageous for their method of fighting. . . . ".  Lord Percy

Sounds like New Englanders to me.

ConchMan

Well, the ball is rolling in other ways as well here in NJ, so it's time we cranked up the volume here and made NJ a part of FreeAmerica ...
ConchMan