News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

OLD MUSTER: Attention Yellowhammers! Muster Here!

Started by Bama, January 31, 2010, 11:15:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

4merUSMC1803

Are there any other AL IITs signing up to work the Feb 13-14 AS?  Currently I see a Shoot Boss and 3 IITs on the instructor schedule.
D Lawley

tlawley

I signed up today. I spoke with Flea and Hammerhead yesterday and both said they could do Saturday but were committed to other things on Sunday (St. Valentines Day)

4merUSMC1803

Quote from: 4merUSMC1803 on February 02, 2010, 11:25:41 PM
Are there any other AL IITs signing up to work the Feb 13-14 AS?  Currently I see a Shoot Boss and 3 IITs on the instructor schedule.

"crickets chirping"...
D Lawley

4merUSMC1803

Tlawley-How many 10/22 variants do you have now?
D Lawley

Dane

I have not received my notification yet or I can not find it.  Have you found out how I can get on our State link yet?
It is not necessary to face the bullets of
the enemy on the field of battle in order to evince
true patriotism. He who loves his home, his
native town, his country, and is ready to
make sacrifice for their honor and welfare, is the
good citizen. In him the germ of patriotism is
well developed.

4merUSMC1803

Quote from: Dane on February 02, 2010, 11:35:59 PM
I have not received my notification yet or I can not find it.  Have you found out how I can get on our State link yet?

Did you get that link I emailed you yesterday?  Wait a minute...you're on the state board now. Do you mean the "link" to sign up to work AS events?
D Lawley

Dane

Wow!  I have about every state on my home page now.  Did not have but one last night and it was not Alabama!
well developed.

Bama

Treadcarefully and other good folk worked on fixing the access issues. Thanks to them!

Welcome to the forum Rusty! This is Dothan Rusty?

Hey Dane, Tracey!

Just got off the phone with a gentleman that is helping us get into the Blue & Grey in Huntsville! Also, might have a local radio personality come check out the Columbiana shoot and if he likes what he sees, he may give us some morning talk radio time!

..:..
To usurp supreme & absolute authority...in a free state, and subject it to tyranny, the people must have already become corrupt by gradual steps. And all states necessarily come to this, unless...they are brought back by good laws to their first principles.

-Niccolo Machiavelli (1531)

Dane

Good!  I will bring my best orange hat to the shoot.  I signed up to help last night to help with the Feb 13-14 shoot in Columbiana but I have heard nothing back yet.  Do you know anything?
well developed.

jmdavis

It looks like three out of four Lawley's agree that Virtual Muster night is the place to be on Groundhog Day. I hope that y'all don't mind a Virginian popping in.

Mike
"If a man does his best, what else is there?"  - General George S. Patton Jr

...We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
  For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
  Shall be my brother...-Shakespeare, Henry V

"There's a great deal of talk about loyalty from the bottom to the top. Loyalty from the top down is even more necessary and is much less prevalent. One of the most frequently noted characteristics of great men who have remained great is loyalty to their subordinates."
- General George S. Patton, Jr

"Your body can't go where your mind hasn't been."
- Alex Arrieta 1995 NTI Winner

Dane

adlawley has class until 10 p.m. on Tues and Thurs nights or he would be on also.
well developed.

4merUSMC1803

Quote from: jmdavis on February 03, 2010, 12:02:58 AM
It looks like three out of four Lawley's agree that Virtual Muster night is the place to be on Groundhog Day. I hope that y'all don't mind a Virginian popping in.

Mike

I love Virginians.  Some of my "best" memories were created on the good side of the Potomac in Quantico!  jmdavis, you're welcome here anytime.
Darrell
D Lawley

4merUSMC1803

Well fellow yellowhammers, it's been fun, but I guess I'll retire for the evening.  PM or call me if you need anything.  I'm really looking forward to working with you all this coming year!  Good night.
D
D Lawley

jmdavis

Yea, I was at work late tonight too. Class was cancelled though.

I thought that Aaron was taken care of as an IIT. I will send a PM tonight letting them know that he took the Orange hat back in October.

Mike
"If a man does his best, what else is there?"  - General George S. Patton Jr

...We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
  For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
  Shall be my brother...-Shakespeare, Henry V

"There's a great deal of talk about loyalty from the bottom to the top. Loyalty from the top down is even more necessary and is much less prevalent. One of the most frequently noted characteristics of great men who have remained great is loyalty to their subordinates."
- General George S. Patton, Jr

"Your body can't go where your mind hasn't been."
- Alex Arrieta 1995 NTI Winner

Kalash

I'm checking in about 14 hours too late! I tried to get on last night, but for some reason could only get on the Alabama forum as a guest and not post. I'm here now and looking forward to getting back to Appleseeds after the busy times die down in a month or two!

Redneck19

Hey guys.
I'm new here, hoping to attend my first Appleseed in the next several months.
So....howdy!
A country boy can survive...

Dane

Howdy, Redneck19,

Seems like April 17 would be a great time to attend your first Appleseed!  Would love to see you at the Training Center in Columbiana.  The more, the merrier!  Hope to see you there.

Dane
well developed.

Brandon1

Quote from: Dane on April 02, 2010, 10:58:27 PM
Howdy, Redneck19,

Seems like April 17 would be a great time to attend your first Appleseed!  Would love to see you at the Training Center in Columbiana.  The more, the merrier!  Hope to see you there.

Dane

I agree with Dane come on out and enjoy yourself! O0
Roaming the world on a klr.

Redneck19

Thanks guys!
I plan on bringing my brother and possibly some friends. I plan on coming to the one this April or the one in August depending on scheduling. Is there anything you guys recommend that I do beforehand (reading, training, etc.)?
My only rifle is an AR, is this ok to bring?

Brandon1

Quote from: Redneck19 on April 03, 2010, 09:00:10 PM
Thanks guys!
I plan on bringing my brother and possibly some friends. I plan on coming to the one this April or the one in August depending on scheduling. Is there anything you guys recommend that I do beforehand (reading, training, etc.)?
My only rifle is an AR, is this ok to bring?

Practice the shooting positions especially sitting and prone. That will really help you be comfortable in position.

A AR is fine to bring but I will tell you that we frown on steel cased ammo. Well only because most of us instructors reload. ;) Seriously any ammo will do and a Ar is fine. Hope to see you soon!  :---

Redneck19

Great!
What range should I zero my rifle to?

Brandon1

25 meters will get you where you need to be for day one.

PBRG

New member here. Shot with Brandon1 Today, and must say, just a few minutes of assistance and my shooting has already improved. Looking forward to the Appleseed at Shelby Co. in June.
Instructor in training

The American flag does not fly because the wind moves past it.

The American flag flies from the last breath of each military member who has died protecting it!!