News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Checking in...

Started by runpaulone, March 08, 2010, 02:38:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

runpaulone

runpaulone, checking in, splitting my time between Delphi and Crown Point.  Glad to be a part of Appleseed.  Just got back from the Waterman, IL shoot this weekend. 

techres, I'm thinking of joining the http://lindenconservationclub.org in Romney .  Seems to have some pretty decent facilities.  25, 50, 100 yard ranges, etc.  Has anyone in IN tried getting an Appleseed here?  I haven't been out there yet to see the place, but I've heard it's nice.

There's also another place in Brookston http://www.wvrpc.org/general_information.htm.  Let me know if I can be of assistance.
--
Paul
Delphi, IN

techres

Glad to have you on board!  I am just taking over from hawkhavn and will have him check to see if we have made contact, or have contacts at those ranges.

Thanks, and looking forward to seeing you asap,
Techres

Quote from: runpaulone on March 08, 2010, 02:38:40 AM
runpaulone, checking in, splitting my time between Delphi and Crown Point.  Glad to be a part of Appleseed.  Just got back from the Waterman, IL shoot this weekend. 

techres, I'm thinking of joining the http://lindenconservationclub.org in Romney .  Seems to have some pretty decent facilities.  25, 50, 100 yard ranges, etc.  Has anyone in IN tried getting an Appleseed here?  I haven't been out there yet to see the place, but I've heard it's nice.

There's also another place in Brookston http://www.wvrpc.org/general_information.htm.  Let me know if I can be of assistance.
Appleseed: Bringing the Past into the Present to save our Future.

hawkhavn

There has been no contact with either of those ranges to my knowledge.
Let's round 'em up!

Thanks,
Ed
aka Hawkhavn
Criticism is the only known antidote to error.  David Brin

What a nation has done, a nation can aspire to.
Dr. Jerry Pournelle

Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.

This is known as "bad luck."
---Robert Anson Heinlein

"Great things have been effected by a few men well conducted." - George Rogers Clark

"Appleseed is a safe place to learn because they care. They have the confidence and serenity of spring gardeners." 1IV on AR15.com

runpaulone

I'm going to the Linden Conservation Club in Romney, IN tomorrow to practice some of the skills learned this past weekend, as well as teach them to my girlfriend's great uncle.  I'm going as guest of the club, but I'll be previewing the club grounds to see if it's suitable for an Appleseed weekend.  Is there anything I should say or ask at the club, or should I just check it out, and then inform?

As for the club in Brookston: it appears to just join the club you have to attend meetings, etc for 6 months to gain the approval of 15 signees.  You must also pay $100 to join, plus $100 in dues per year.  I'm not sure I'm willing to wait the time to get in to practice.  LCC is $50 per year, plain and simple.

Also, the 7th step?  Who, What, Where, When, How?
--
Paul
Delphi, IN

foundatown

Checking in, foundatown, runpaulone's brother, also at the Waterman, IL shoot this last weekend.  I'm currently living in Chicago, but I'll try to make it to the IN shoots runpaulone hits.  Looking forward to getting back on the line soon.

runpaulone

Quote from: foundatown on March 08, 2010, 11:43:15 PM
Checking in, foundatown, runpaulone's brother, also at the Waterman, IL shoot this last weekend.  I'm currently living in Chicago, but I'll try to make it to the IN shoots runpaulone hits.  Looking forward to getting back on the line soon.

You say Chicago?  I hope you and your brother, runpaulone weren't cleaning those rifles in that there city.  Come back to the free state. 
--
Paul
Delphi, IN

runpaulone

Report: Linden Conservation Club in Romney

I checked out the LCC today, and while it's a nice little club, and I will be joining, the width of the ranges are just too narrow for an Appleseed event.  They do have two 25yd, one 50yd, and one 100yd range on the grounds, but too narrow (room for maybe 6 appleseeders to lie prone).

techres: Can you direct me to where all the IN events are going to be?  I thought someone on here sent me a few I didn't see on the website.

-runpaulone
--
Paul
Delphi, IN