News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Appleseed Virtual Muster Night - Log on Feb 2 at 8:00 PM EST

Started by MeanStreaker, January 28, 2010, 05:13:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MeanStreaker

Appleseed leadership and the Master Instructors have announced the very first Virtual Muster Night for February 2, 2010 at 8:00 EST.  

I know when I heard the history of April 19, 1775 at my first Appleseed event, I could not stop thinking about Paul Revere and his antique phone tree producing 12,000 colonists.......... 12,000 armed colonists................................ 12,000 armed and able colonists...................................... to march far and near and converge on Battle Road in only 12 hours.

At your Appleseed, you were likely asked, "How many of you with your cell phones, email, internet forums, amateur radios, whatever... could muster 12,000 armed Americans to defend your town if the zombies woke up or alien invaders landed?"

"How about 1200?"

"How about 120?"

"How about 12?"

We've all asked those questions many times in honor of our forefather's achievements.  

Now, we have a chance to not just ask the question again.  We have a chance to answer it!

Don't worry.  You are not being asked to muster on a cold, dark April morning in the path of the mighty British Regulars.  

We'll be gathering together as friends from the comfort of our keyboards on February 2 at 8:00 EST on our Ohio state board and The Rifleman Radio's chat program.  This will be an exciting time to reconnect, retool, and rejuvenate our commitment to the cause of Returning America to a Nation of Riflemen!

We will be discussing many topics for Ohio that needs your input:

--April 17-18 Staffing and Plans
--Promotion Activities and Teams
--New Locations for Appleseed, additional ranges that are almost signed, and others we need to seek out
--Athens, OH IBC on Feb 13-15
--Whatever else you want to discuss!

There will also be special threads run by Master Instructors giving real-time updates on interesting topics and answering your questions.

Hopefully you can join us for as much of the two hours as possible.  This will be a record breaking, eventful evening you won't want to miss!

Will you muster with us on the Virtual Green?

Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
--Thomas Paine

Used to ride a Kawasaki Mean Streak motorcycle.  I'm not an angry, naked runner.  :)

GoldFish

I'm in!!! :---  Is there some place to register now?  Do you have to have an account on here to be a part?
"Freedom is preserved by those who die for it, but it will not survive unless people are willing to live for it."
-Boba Fett (The RWVA Instructor, not the Star Wars Bounty Hunter)

'Yes, I am a Rifleman, but I'm also a Ninja....and a Jedi.'

"Integrity first, service before self, and excellence in all we do."

"Remember, my opinion on the totem pole of life is somewhere below whale s***..." -Chris Costa

"The more you care about something, the deeper the fight will come from within."  -Travis Haley

42          ΙΧΘΥΣ           كافر           MOÉ...ΩN É...ABE         αδάμαÏ, 

Merc, Mr. Fishy, Goober, Achmed, Cornflake, FBC, Tabilasco, Mowhawk 1 Alpha

What we do in life echoes in Eternity

MeanStreaker

Yes, you'll need your Appleseed account to get here and an account on the link to the Rifleman Radio show I gave above (if you want to participate in that chat).

If you know of Appleseeders that aren't on the forum for whatever reason, here's your chance to encourage them to register!
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
--Thomas Paine

Used to ride a Kawasaki Mean Streak motorcycle.  I'm not an angry, naked runner.  :)

Ratchett

I' m in, but I cannot get the Radio program have tried many times. Can I still be in on the Ohio string?

Ratchett
Remember only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you: JESUS CHRIST and the AMERICAN ARMED FORCES.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom-Unk

"The propitious smiles of Heaven can never be expected on a nation that disregards the eternal rules of order and right which Heaven itself has ordained."---Geo Washington, 1789

Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles.---Isaiah 40:31

A wrathful man stirs up strife,
But he who is slow to anger allays contention.---Prov15:18

"Wisdom is higher than a fool can reach." --P. Wheatley

MeanStreaker

--Thomas Paine

hawkhavn

NR,

What internet browser are you using?
Hint---Netscape won't work...

HH
Criticism is the only known antidote to error.  David Brin

What a nation has done, a nation can aspire to.
Dr. Jerry Pournelle

Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.

This is known as "bad luck."
---Robert Anson Heinlein

"Great things have been effected by a few men well conducted." - George Rogers Clark

"Appleseed is a safe place to learn because they care. They have the confidence and serenity of spring gardeners." 1IV on AR15.com

Ratchett

Mozilla--firefox, any suggestions for this one???? I am not the savviest computer person. Thanks HH---uuummm btw will I see you in a couple weeks at the IBC?  ::) ::) ::)
Ratchett
Remember only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you: JESUS CHRIST and the AMERICAN ARMED FORCES.

"The propitious smiles of Heaven can never be expected on a nation that disregards the eternal rules of order and right which Heaven itself has ordained."---Geo Washington, 1789

Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles.---Isaiah 40:31

hawkhavn

NR, ummm OK, I have successfully used Firefox. 
Let's look at a list here.
1) You're registered with Blogtalk, correct?
2) You get to the Appleseed Blogtalk screen?
3) You click on 'Open in your default Player' below the The Rifleman' link in the Blogtalk Radio square in the middle.
4) A new window pops up with the show on it and the chat room opens.

Does this sound like what you saw?

HH

p.s. Not sure on the IBC yet.
Criticism is the only known antidote to error.  David Brin

What a nation has done, a nation can aspire to.
Dr. Jerry Pournelle

Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.

This is known as "bad luck."
---Robert Anson Heinlein

"Great things have been effected by a few men well conducted." - George Rogers Clark

"Appleseed is a safe place to learn because they care. They have the confidence and serenity of spring gardeners." 1IV on AR15.com

Ratchett

++) ++) Okay so who says ya gotta register for everything :wb: #) #) #). I think I got it now.  :bow: Thanks HH. I hope you are able to make it, look forward to meeting you.

Ratchett

GoldFish

Is there a place where we can register yet, or will we all get a PM with the link when it's closer to the event? ???

---GFG
"Freedom is preserved by those who die for it, but it will not survive unless people are willing to live for it."
-Boba Fett (The RWVA Instructor, not the Star Wars Bounty Hunter)

'Yes, I am a Rifleman, but I'm also a Ninja....and a Jedi.'

"Integrity first, service before self, and excellence in all we do."

"Remember, my opinion on the totem pole of life is somewhere below whale s***..." -Chris Costa

"The more you care about something, the deeper the fight will come from within."  -Travis Haley

42          ΙΧΘΥΣ           كافر           MOÉ...ΩN É...ABE         αδάμαÏ, 

Merc, Mr. Fishy, Goober, Achmed, Cornflake, FBC, Tabilasco, Mowhawk 1 Alpha

What we do in life echoes in Eternity

Ratchett

GFG,
Go here  The Rifleman Radio's  and hit register link at top of page then follow all of Hawkhavn' s directions  2 posts above.

Ratchett

MeanStreaker

GFG, here's the link from my original post where you can register to get ready for the radio program's chat:

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/appleseedradio
--Thomas Paine

WY_Not

Joseph
aka WY_Not (IIT3)

Panama

Unfortunately, I have another commitment at the same time. Will I be able to see the threads and catch up after the fact?
NRA certified Instructor
US Army Veteran

MeanStreaker

--Thomas Paine