News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Texas Muster

Started by scuzzy, January 28, 2010, 12:11:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

scuzzy

Howdy All,

Next Tuesday night, on  Feb. 2nd at 7:00PM Central, we are going to have a virtual muster.

What does this mean?

All you have to do is sign on to the Forum (yeah this place).

Why?

Because we want to see how many people we can get on the forum at once. We want to break the old record of 340 people signed on, which happened on December 08, 2008, at 03:58:34 PM. We want to see who will show up. You don't have to drive 100 miles to a rally point. All you have to do is get on your computer and show up.

And while you are at it also signin to the Appleseed Talk Radio. www.blogtalkradio.com/AppleseedRadio

If you set up an account for 'blogtalkradio' you can text each other while Scout does his radio show. Let's have some fun.

Let's see how many Texans we can get out. There's been talk that them pesky Kalifornians are going to put us to shame. We can't have that. So see you next Tuesday.

PS - The Texicans have invaded North Carolina. Let's see now, how many of the Shoot Bosses in NC are now from Texas. heh.

An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

Stimey

Oh, do you mean regular active shoot bosses here in NC?  Yes, that would be two of the five.  If you don't count The Fred, that would be two of four.  And the State Coordinator is a recent transplant from Texas, as you know.  Not really important, but it did get a big laugh out of Scout on Tuesday night!

No worries, though.  North Carolina is getting up to speed with a quickness.  We've promoted four very worthy Red Hats in the past couple of months and taken in four more IIT's.  We'll be pullin' our weight and then some come summertime.

See you soon, K.

Stimey

"Give me an army of West Point graduates, I'll win a battle.  Give me a handful of Texas Aggies and I'll win a war!"  Gen. George S. Patton, Jr.

scuzzy

Quote from: Stimey on January 28, 2010, 08:15:00 AM

No worries, though.  North Carolina is getting up to speed with a quickness.  We've promoted four very worthy Red Hats in the past couple of months and taken in four more IIT's.  We'll be pullin' our weight and then some come summertime.

Stimey

Yup, I know NC will be getting up to snuff now that we got some Texians down there. Just jokin' bout NC though, heck, I was born in Camp Lejeune back when dinosaurs roamed the earth. Keep them boys on the straight and narrow, see ya on the trail sooner or later.

scuzzy

Here is more info on the Virtual Muster Night. Even though it is from the NC crowd it is still good info:

http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=11490.0

So go register. What ya waiting for?

spitstickler

Can't see their stuff. I'll be there tuesday though.
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."  -Thomas Edison

scuzzy

Howdy Texians,
Welcome to the Texas Virtual Muster. Hope we get a bunch of you out tonight. Let's make 2010 one heck of a year.

Don't forget to check out Scout on AS Radio, it starts at 7:00pm CST.

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/appleseedradio

spitstickler

checkin' in. Lets get the party started!
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."  -Thomas Edison

scuzzy

Quote from: spitstickler on February 02, 2010, 08:34:56 PM
checkin' in. Lets get the party started!

Yeehah!! Boot scootin boogie!!

dragit

None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.  Goethe

Sarah Belding: Be careful. You're a man who makes people afraid, and that's dangerous.
The Stranger: It's what people know about themselves inside that makes 'em afraid.

His genius was to promote collective action in the cause of freedom... Fischer

voortrekker

20,000 in 2010!!!

Full speed ahead, damn the torpedoes!!!

If YOU are thinking, WE are winning.

Aromatic

doubleLL

"Le mieux est l'ennemi du bien."
Davilla 3-10

opossumtx

Yep, I'm here.  It may not be worth much but it's what I've got!

Have FUN!  :D

O'

WestTx

Rifleman. That says it all.

TNVolunteer

starfox

Present and accounted for.
"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women,
when it dies there, no constitution, no law,
no court can save it." - Judge Learned Hand

"Never compromise. Not even in the face of Armageddon . . ." - Rorschach, The Watchmen.

Davilla 3-10

Silence Dogood

Education pays the best interest - B.Franklin

Texas EMT

Checking in from Midland.

scuzzy

Alright, who bought the beer?

Texas EMT

Wife just stuck her head in the office and told me that she is "here in spirit"  :)

Scout

I am here! (actually over at blogtalk) :)
BattleRoadUSA.com

"Who wants Ice Cream?" Fred

Sixty seconds is way too long for a minute, I am cutting it down to thirty seven seconds- SoM

"You can shout it, you can preach it, but no matter how many times you repeat it, NEVER believe your own bullSh*t." (as told to me by Grin Reaper)

Texas EMT

Hey Scout,

Do you know if anyone has tried to get a shoot going in San Angelo?  My daughter and her husband want to try to get one going there.  

phil_in_cs

Late as usual, but I am here.

CaptG

"If you will not fight for the right when you can easily win without bloodshed; if you will not fight when your victory will be sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a small chance of survival. There may even be a worse case: you may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves."
Winston Churchill

Scout

WELCOME TEXANS!!!!!!!!!!
BattleRoadUSA.com

Sixty seconds is way too long for a minute, I am cutting it down to thirty seven seconds- SoM

"You can shout it, you can preach it, but no matter how many times you repeat it, NEVER believe your own bullSh*t." (as told to me by Grin Reaper)

The_VIKING

been on here a little bit!   :~
"Remember one thing, your government needs you more than you need your government."
USAF '87-'93 Ground Rat
Remover of the Berlin Wall

DSIL78

Eleanor of AQT

Davilla 1108

Scout

Can we get a count here?
BattleRoadUSA.com

spitstickler