News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

RWVA Earth Quake Generator Has Test Run This Morning

Started by Scout, February 10, 2010, 08:43:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scout

Just wondering how RWVA's Acme Earth Quake Generator worked this morning. We purchased the device to help you folks get the Illinois contingent off the couch and out of bed, we tried it out this morning and we were wondering if it worked?

Hope all of you folks are ok and no one received any serioous injuries or damage from this. I bet getting a rumble in the stte was a bit of a surprise. I have been in several earthquakes, some really big and it was never an enjoyable event. 
BattleRoadUSA.com

"Who wants Ice Cream?" Fred

Sixty seconds is way too long for a minute, I am cutting it down to thirty seven seconds- SoM

"You can shout it, you can preach it, but no matter how many times you repeat it, NEVER believe your own bullSh*t." (as told to me by Grin Reaper)

starfox

Who did you buy the generator from?  Iben Browning? :)

Long time Illinoisans might remember Iben Browning as the guy who predicted a major New Madrid fault earthquake in 1990 which would have done significant damage to St. Louis, Memphis, and parts of Chicago.

Hope everyone in my birth state is doing well.  Record snowfall, cold temperatures, and now earthquakes.  Y'all are just having a dandy of a winter.  :)

Quote from: Scout on February 10, 2010, 08:43:53 AM
Just wondering how RWVA's Acme Earth Quake Generator worked this morning. We purchased the device to help you folks get the Illinois contingent off the couch and out of bed, we tried it out this morning and we were wondering if it worked?

Hope all of you folks are ok and no one received any serioous injuries or damage from this. I bet getting a rumble in the stte was a bit of a surprise. I have been in several earthquakes, some really big and it was never an enjoyable event. 
"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women,
when it dies there, no constitution, no law,
no court can save it." - Judge Learned Hand

"Never compromise. Not even in the face of Armageddon . . ." - Rorschach, The Watchmen.

Davilla 3-10

Ashes

Yeah, woke me up and I immediately bladed at 45 and fell out of bed.  :P

Patriot Gal

We drove down to Texas on 12/24 to attend the Davilla shoot Christmas weekend, and drove right into the blizzard which hit OK and MO hard, but we PERSEVERED and made it to the shoot.   O0

5 weeks later, we drove down to Texas on 1/29 for the grandsons 4th birthday, and drove right into the blizzard which hit OK, MO and Ark. hard, but we PERSEVERED and made it to the birthday party RIGHT ON TIME!!!   O0  (Are you seeing a pattern here?)

Soooooo on Monday when the snow started and the winter storm warnings began, I turned to my supervisor and said "I think I should be driving to Texas right now!!!!"  ;D :D ;D :D

Earthquake??? Musta been snoozin'.
"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."  ~Thomas Jefferson

"No free man shall ever be denied the use of arms"
~Thomas Jefferson

"If not us, then who; if not now, then when."
~President Ronald Reagan

Patriot Gal

Quote from: Ashes on February 10, 2010, 10:03:50 AM
Yeah, woke me up and I immediately bladed at 45 and fell out of bed.  :P

Ouch!!!  Everything ok with you????
"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."  ~Thomas Jefferson

"No free man shall ever be denied the use of arms"
~Thomas Jefferson

"If not us, then who; if not now, then when."
~President Ronald Reagan

Garand69

Quote from: Scout on February 10, 2010, 08:43:53 AM

I see how you are now Scout ;D

Yes it got me off the couch quick!, I am fortunate to be directly under one of O'hare Airports flight paths, I figured a 747 dropped an engine off on my roof :o
Garand69

WSMR 03-10 ...SAPPER STEEL!!!!

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." - General George S. Patton Jr

"One can covet success or one can covet being Right, but if he covets both, he will achieve neither" - Stimey

Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.

God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right, even though I think it is HOPELESS.
-Chester W. Nimitz

LayloPro

Heh!! Welcome to -our- world...... >:D ^-^

Seriously, I was speaking the truth when I told you all that Cali & Illi have a -lot- in common....... ;)

Everybody awake?? OK? No torn up houses?? @)

Let's git 'r dun.......

LLP
"The truth only hurts if you're guilty." 

"Fast / cheap / good....you only get 2....Your choice."

"Amateurs talk hardware. Professionals talk software. It doesn't matter what's in your hand or between your legs. It matters what's in your heart and in your mind." Lt Col. Dave Grossman.

jacques

I see it was a 3.8. I was driving down the freeway during the Sylmar quake. I thought the wheels were falling off my car. Then I saw the light posts swaying. Been thrown out of bed once.
Two Words-Meriams Corner

John Boch