News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Upcoming Appleseed in Carlsbad, 20-21 February 2010 <<<APPROVED!>>>

Started by nmmi9100, January 14, 2010, 12:45:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nmmi9100

Folks:

We've got an Appleseed tentatively scheduled for 20-21 February 2010 in Carlsbad, NM at the Municipal range.  We're penciled in for the date.  I'm putting together the City Council agenda item for their consideration.  After that, we'll have approval as of the 26 January City Council meeting.

Keep in mind, although this shoot is not official yet until we get Council approval and a contract.

Sam, if you can put this as a tentative shoot on the instructor scheduling, I would appreciate it.  We were unanimously approved last time and I expect this will be no different.

-David
Edgewood, NM

Devnull

You going to be there bud? If so count me in!

Carpooling with NMMI is fun especially with his kiddos causing discourse and mayhem in the back seat!  **) Well, the conversation is nice.
"What the heck. I haven't volunteered for something in oh say 6 hours."

BobABQ

Quote from: Devnull on January 14, 2010, 12:53:24 PM
You going to be there bud? If so count me in!

Carpooling with NMMI is fun especially with his kiddos causing discourse and mayhem in the back seat!  **) Well, the conversation is nice.
Carpool with NMMI all the way to Carlsbad and back?

You are a brave man Devnull.

nmmi9100

Agenda item request & backup paperwork was submitted 14 January 2010, at 10:30 to both John Lowe & Mr. Burgess, City Administrator.

Also, Kathy Kolt (Artesia paper guest columnist) was notified of the preliminary shoot date.  Told her it was preliminary until we had City Council approval but I wanted to give her all the lead time I could.  She knows it's not final.

I suggest we let the Carlsbad radio promoter fellow (Jimi) know as well...I don't know him well so that's up to you, Sam.

I also put a note on the Carlsbad 19-20 Dec 2009 AAR so maybe some of the Carlsbad Appleseeders will find it and pencil us in.

Devnull:  I plan to be there.  You are welcome to make the ride.

BobABQ:  no comment, Mr.

-David
Edgewood, NM

Devnull

Cool. Count me in. Once it's on the schedule I'll put my name in.

BobABQ

NMMI,

You are impressing me with your organizational skills.

You would make an excellent State Coordinator!

Keep up the good work!   

nmmi9100

This shoot was approved by the Carlsbad City Council on 26 February 2010.  Consider it firmly scheduled.  I'll be working with the City to get a signed contract on the shoot so we can get it on the AS schedule ASAP.

Hope to see ya'll there.

-David
Edgewood, NM

SamD

Forwarded the EIP to Savage Shooter already and it should be listed soon
press on folks
I'll email flyers tomorrow after mu morning meeting.

Sam

ranchroo

We will be there! By the way... Timi got her first deer down in Texas a couple of weeks ago. 1 shot 1 kill. Said she heard you guys in her head.  Her shooting, rifle handling, and confidence have gone through the roof! Thanks!
"We may destroy all the men in America, and we shall still have all we can do to defeat the women." -- British General Lord Cornwallis

Devnull

That's awesome! We expect to see pictures yes?  ;D

We look forward to seeing you all there.

Chris/Devnull

SamD

ranchroo

Well, I'm not sure if I got the picture loaded right, but here goes!  That is her plan- Rifleman, with her brand new little rifle!
"We may destroy all the men in America, and we shall still have all we can do to defeat the women." -- British General Lord Cornwallis

oladcock

MMMMM....Backstraps! :) Good job!

I placed Carlsbad flyers in all the Roswell gun shops today.....O.L.
"The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato 400BC

President Roswell Gun Club
AQT 246
WSMR 03-10 ... Sapper Steel
IBC 2018
KD Ft. Bliss Tx. 214  2019
IBC 2021

Roswell, NM
Carlsbad NM
El Paso Tx
Lubbock Tx
New Deal Tx
Levelland Tx
Alamogordo NM
Alburquerque NM
41 Lead Farm Tx

SamD

oladcock

"The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato 400BC

President Roswell Gun Club
AQT 246
WSMR 03-10 ... Sapper Steel
IBC 2018
KD Ft. Bliss Tx. 214  2019
IBC 2021

Roswell, NM
Carlsbad NM
El Paso Tx
Lubbock Tx
New Deal Tx
Levelland Tx