News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

HUZZAH's TO OLD GLORY! - Indoor 22 LTR Match Opportunity in Lodi, WI

Started by LadyVetch, January 14, 2010, 11:32:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LadyVetch

Winnequah Gun Club (WGC) of Lodi, Wisconsin is hosting a "CMP Indoor Rimfire Sporter Rifle Match aka Squirrel Gun Match!"  on Jan 22 & 23, 2010.  This would be a great opportunity to practice those Appleseed Skills in a warm dry indoor enviroment with the potential of earning Monetary Awards!  Wear your Appleseed Shirts and be a walking advertisement for the upcoming Appleseeds.  Be a goodwill ambassador of the Appleseed program.  We (Appleseeders) are a great group of people  @) and just being seen goes a long way toward fostering a good working relationship with a quality centrally located range with KD shooting out to 1200 yards!

Proceeds from this match will benefit the WGC Junior Rifle Program.  

I believe most of our .22 LTR rifles would qualify unless you have done alot of work on the trigger etc.  The rifle has to weigh less than 7.5lbs without the sling and have a 3lb trigger pull.

As of Today (Jan 14, 2010) all the relays still have openings.  

Here is the link to the to Flyer:  http://www.wingunclub.org/changing%20Docs/10-01-22-Squirrel%20Gun%20Program.pdf

I hope to see some of you at the range.

Renee (LadyVetch)
"If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our Country will stand in need of its experienced Patriots to prevent its ruin."  - Samuel Adams

Old Glory!

Sent off an e-mail to Roger.  If it is open to nonmembers, I think I'd like to go.

Thanks for posting this fun Appleseed promotional activity!
"My primary objective is to change hearts and minds, for that is where the gaping hole in the hull of the USS America lies. I am looking to make a spark and praying that it will ignite, by their own will, into a bonfire in their hearts and souls."  PHenry

"Folks, this Appleseed thing doesn't work if we get a patch and go home. It doesn't work if we shoot a Rifleman score and remember the good times we had out on the range. It only works if we take that 7th Step and spread the 'seed. HUZZAH!!!"  Slim 

April 18-19, 2009  "The seeds of rifle marksmanship were sown in good ground.  In the end, then, every attendee walked away as an instructor for their friends, family, coworkers.  May you tend your patch in Liberty's garden well and through a long life."  Francis Marion

LadyVetch

Quote from: Old Glory! on January 14, 2010, 12:37:38 PM
Sent off an e-mail to Roger.  If it is open to nonmembers, I think I'd like to go.

Thanks for posting this fun Appleseed promotional activity!

Yes, the public is welcome to attend and shoot.  You do not need to be a member of the gun club to participate.    And it is open to Junior shooters too.  Bring the family!

Directions to the range are located here:  http://www.wingunclub.org/directions.html

I think it should be fun too! 

"If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our Country will stand in need of its experienced Patriots to prevent its ruin."  - Samuel Adams

Robbvious

LibbyT and I are all set up for relay 5, Sat. 1030.  See you's there!
...in the event of Great Britain attempting to force unjust laws upon us by the strength of arms, our cause we leave to Heaven and our rifles. - Hanover Association, Lancaster County, PA 1774

Old Glory!

Roger ran a good event.  I ended up in a relay on Friday night.  Planted some Appleseeds.  Hung flyers; left handouts on the table; hand delivered flyers to the women who were there (they might bring their husbands ::))

One gentleman asked why I wasn't wearing a RifleWOMAN patch.  I told him RifleMAN as in MANkind, VERY INCLUSIVE. 

CMP does not use a sling during the standing portion.  WHAT's UP WITH THAT?!?!  Kind of took me by surprise.  Didn't want to embarrass myself or Appleseed, so ADAPT.   

How did everyone else do?
"My primary objective is to change hearts and minds, for that is where the gaping hole in the hull of the USS America lies. I am looking to make a spark and praying that it will ignite, by their own will, into a bonfire in their hearts and souls."  PHenry

"Folks, this Appleseed thing doesn't work if we get a patch and go home. It doesn't work if we shoot a Rifleman score and remember the good times we had out on the range. It only works if we take that 7th Step and spread the 'seed. HUZZAH!!!"  Slim 

April 18-19, 2009  "The seeds of rifle marksmanship were sown in good ground.  In the end, then, every attendee walked away as an instructor for their friends, family, coworkers.  May you tend your patch in Liberty's garden well and through a long life."  Francis Marion

LadyVetch

Thank you to all who participated in the shoot.    Thanks Old Glory for handing out brochures.  I must have just missed you.  I was there Friday at 4:30pm with my son.  Unfortuneately we only have 1 22LR so my son participated.  I coached.  You know, there's no better way to practice being an IIT than on my family.  They have no choice...  I feed them!  He did pretty good for his first 'match'.

I too planted appleseeds....  and handed out brochures.   There were no women there during that stage.  Mostly older gentleman.

Freaked us out too about the offhand no sling.

LadyVetch

AND EVERYONE!!!!

Give a GREAT big Huzzah to Old Glory!  for taking the Bronze Medal in the open sights category!   No "female" allowances here...  She was shooting with the men....  I'd say she knows very well what she is about.

She had 9x's  - 5 in the off hand stage alone-  :bow:  She rocks even without the sling.  :bow: (by the way - the first place finisher had 7x's!)

I'd say she represented Appleseed exceedingly well.

AFTERMATH

Huzza! Huzza! Huzza!

Old Glory- You must have been going easy on them. :cool2:
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

SavageShootr

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY  Old Glory! Way to go!!!

CONGRATUATIONS

"Listen to everyone, read everything, and don't believe anything unless you can prove it."' B.C.
"It isn't like it is life or death...it is more important than that." MrPete

dragonfly

www.facebook.com/WIAppleseed

K.I.S.S.
Lead, Follow or Get out of the way - Thomas Paine
Did you talk to someone new about APPLESEED today ?
The United States Constitution.

Old Glory!

All those drills at Appleseed; standing to seated transition paid off.  Seems seated rapid fire was my strong point.  (btw, they transition with the bolt closed on an empty chamber, mag in, safety off; found that interesting, safe if everyone DID close that bolt before inserting the mag.)

Thank you Appleseed.  A year and a half ago, I would never have dreamed I would even be CAPABLE of participating in an indoor sporter rifle event.  Sheesh, ANY rifle event. ::)

What happened to the Janesville contingent?   ???

ItsanSKS

"Those who would trade an ounce of liberty for an ounce of safety deserve neither."

"To save us both time in the future... how about you give me the combo to your safe and I'll give you the pin number to my bank account..."

EEL

OG !!!!!  Way to go  O0   O0  Nice of you to go easy on 'em so they aren't so mad at you they won't come to an Appleseed.  Veeerrrry crafty  ;)

There you have it folks, plant the seeds, show 'em it works, leave 'em wanting more.  Old Glory has it down  :bow:

Wisconsin has a gold mine  ^:)^   ^:)^

EEL
Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.