News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

WELCOME ABOARD Lefthanders Gun Club!!

Started by Garand69, January 13, 2010, 04:35:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Garand69

I am proud to announce that the effort of a dedicated Illinois Volunter has landed yet another range to the Illinois Appleseed Trail!!!! Thank you for your efforts beharney and thankyou Lefthanders Gun Club in Loami IL, and the board who voted unanimously to welcome The Appleseed Project into their facility!!!!!

This adds Sangamon Co to the map as well as adding a 3rd Range to Division 4

Stay tuned to the Illinois schedule for Appleseeds at this new range!!

Lefthanders Gun Club
9364 Rhea Park Rd
Loami, IL 62661
www.lefthandersgunclub.org/
Garand69

WSMR 03-10 ...SAPPER STEEL!!!!

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." - General George S. Patton Jr

"One can covet success or one can covet being Right, but if he covets both, he will achieve neither" - Stimey

Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.

God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right, even though I think it is HOPELESS.
-Chester W. Nimitz

Missouri Brigade

Garand69

Quote from: Missouri Brigade on January 13, 2010, 06:17:43 PM
Are righthanders welcome there?

;D Boy I hope so, but learning to shoot weak hand is always a good idea anyway! ;D
Garand69

WSMR 03-10 ...SAPPER STEEL!!!!

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." - General George S. Patton Jr

"One can covet success or one can covet being Right, but if he covets both, he will achieve neither" - Stimey

Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.

God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right, even though I think it is HOPELESS.
-Chester W. Nimitz

beharney

Lefthanders is just the name of the range.

Hope to see you there for hopefully the first of many Appleseed shoots.

Still working with the members and Instructors to get our shoot scheduled and running.

Will answer all emails from those who already expressed an interest when we get the dates set

All it takes for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing!!
Are you a good man?
Then stand up and prove it!!

Mudcat

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
--George Washington

Dangerous Old Man (D.O.M.)

Finally us lefties get a place wherewe are welcome, and no the left is not our weak side.
"Try not to killed today by doing something stupid"
- George Carlin -

TadN

Anyone have a recommendation for a left handed rifle for Appleseed events?

I'm left eye dominant but right handed. Searching the threads i see feedback both the Ruger 10/22 and Marlin 795 cause issues if shooting left handed...

Only left handed 22 I've found in the Ruger/Marlin price range is bolt action...
https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/673/products_id/24839/Firearms/Left+Handers/Savage%20MKIIGL%2022LR%20AT%20Lefthand%20WOOD/

Thanks!

Tad

George63

double post

George63

I have seen plenty of left hander's do fine with a 10 22

TadN

Thanks George63!

Yes, I replied to an old post and then found this new thread so also posted here since I wasn't sure how active the old thread might be :)

I'm going to go try out a 10/22 rental at a local range for an hour.  Looks like that's the consistent rifle available for rent at ranges around where I'm at.

Tad