News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

WI instructor/other WI helper get-together

Started by Trisha, October 13, 2009, 01:29:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trisha

This meeting is going to be for people who are WI instructors and anyone else who is willing to help with WI appleseeds. This being people who don't feel instructing is the route they want to take to help AS, but they still want to do some promotions or Adminstration work. I want to hear from EVERYONE who is interested in going so I can get a head count.

Date: January 9
Place: Baraboo-Colycat and Old Glory's house(PM one of us for address)
Tentative schedule:
10:00am-12:00pm shooting
12:00-12:30 lunch
12:30-5:00 2010 WI Appleseeding meeting
5:00-6:00pm social hour
6:00pm dinner

Chef Jeremy, he will provide the dinner entrée, but the rest such as drinks and other food items will need to be pot luck.

Myself, along with a couple of other instructors that I am working with, will be putting together an agenda and I will post it most likely here so all can take a look at it and if there is anything you want to add that should be talked about at the meeting at that time please just let me know.

Please if you have any questions, don't be afraid to PM me, thank you Trisha

Muskyjerk

check your PMs

and count me in Have to pass to much going on see you all on the 10th

The Guy

Jan 10th is a ways away, but if I have no other AS obligations, well....

I know where it is.

Keep the Faith,

Guy

AFTERMATH

vmt, I think I've found an opening to sneak in and rescue Mogget.
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

Trisha

Please note that the date changed from Jan 10 to Jan 9. Also the place changed, it will most likely take place in or around Baraboo. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Trisha

Trisha

I added an itinerary for the meeting. It may not have everything, but it at least gives us all some things to think about before the meeting. If there are other things you want to talk about, feel free to bring it up. Also if you haven't informed me that you are coming please let me know! Thank you

Old Glory!

I hope you are ALL planning on coming.   We have a lot to talk about, and a lot of work to do for 2010, which will all be fun, as it always is when Appleseeders get together.    Great schedule and agenda Trisha!  Way to be on top of this!

"My primary objective is to change hearts and minds, for that is where the gaping hole in the hull of the USS America lies. I am looking to make a spark and praying that it will ignite, by their own will, into a bonfire in their hearts and souls."  PHenry

"Folks, this Appleseed thing doesn't work if we get a patch and go home. It doesn't work if we shoot a Rifleman score and remember the good times we had out on the range. It only works if we take that 7th Step and spread the 'seed. HUZZAH!!!"  Slim 

April 18-19, 2009  "The seeds of rifle marksmanship were sown in good ground.  In the end, then, every attendee walked away as an instructor for their friends, family, coworkers.  May you tend your patch in Liberty's garden well and through a long life."  Francis Marion

Old Glory!

10:00 - 12:00
SHOOTERS!  TO THE LINE!  Oh yeh!!!  We are gonna shoot at the WI get together/2010 planning meeting. 

Our home range accomodates 22's and can be lots of fun, especially if all the Instructor's put their heads together and come up with a special COF for the morning shoot, plus a warming shed close by (not that we are going to need it ::) ) .   Even an occasional centerfire might be okay; bring out the neighbors and the local law enforcement.  HA!   If we want to shoot a LOT of centerfire, we'll need to arrange something other than our private home range.  That's okay too - up to you all.  Stay tuned for the secret/undisclosed range location....

May even be fabulous prizes.....traveling instructor trophies.... ..:..

12:00-12:30
LUNCH:  Eat at Colycat/OG's
Big pot o soup would be good, eh?   Bread and cheese (of course). 

12:30-5:00
2009 REVIEW, 2010 PLANNING MEETING  Please come prepared with handouts that you think are important.  Instructors and Shoot Bosses; what paperwork has been helpful for you?  Bring it/share it. 

5:00-6:00
SOCIAL HOUR. 

DINNER 
If DEACON is still offering to do the entree, may I speak for all of us, we are taking you up on that.  Otherwise we can do brats  or a turkey on the grill.   In any event, everyone fill in with pot luck items/beverages. 

Chime in here if you are planning on attending so we can get a rough idea of how many handouts/food.

Everyone get a good night's sleep and be at HUBERTUS on Sunday.  WOW!  18 shooters as of today; two donations and 1 membership!   

I hope we can get a February AS scheduled up nort!  It's just not fair they have to wait until March-April.  >:D

Please add these agenda items:

ADMIN:
1.  Quick review of the shoot setup process to include all the necessary paperwork, with handouts. 8)    I can print the stuff out and make copies.
2.  Appleseed and 4-H in WI.   Review Appleseed's offer/policy to 4-H groups and their leaders.  I will print.

PROMO:
1.  Print out gun show listings in WI 2010.  Who is working on this? :sos: @)

INSTRUCTOR:
1.  IBC in WI when?
2.  Instructor mentoring
3.  Print out list of WI instructors and contacts

"My primary objective is to change hearts and minds, for that is where the gaping hole in the hull of the USS America lies. I am looking to make a spark and praying that it will ignite, by their own will, into a bonfire in their hearts and souls."  PHenry

"Folks, this Appleseed thing doesn't work if we get a patch and go home. It doesn't work if we shoot a Rifleman score and remember the good times we had out on the range. It only works if we take that 7th Step and spread the 'seed. HUZZAH!!!"  Slim 

April 18-19, 2009  "The seeds of rifle marksmanship were sown in good ground.  In the end, then, every attendee walked away as an instructor for their friends, family, coworkers.  May you tend your patch in Liberty's garden well and through a long life."  Francis Marion

Deacon

Yes.....I am still planning on making the dinner.

I am planning on bringing a large pot of homemade spagetti.
If anyone is interested in bringing garlic/cheese bread that would be great! :P

I hope everyone has a fun and safe New Years Eve!

Deacon

colycat

Hi, everyone.  I just got back from a meeting in Ramseur with the MI's and SI's.  Very productive weekend.  We will be covering a few more items than have been listed so far.  It would be better to move up the start time to, say 9 am if possible. 

Could you all let me know what you think about an earlier start and please PM us if you are going to attend.
"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine

Trisha

Sorry, someone got overly excited, we won't be able to shoot KD due to all of the snow.

Please PM me and Colycat with any questions and please let me know if you are coming if you haven't yet. Thanks!!! Can't wait to see you all, I am really looking forward to this weekend.  

fepowered

Unfortunately, I will not be able to make it.  My father-in-law passed away last night and the wake, funeral, services, burial etc is Friday and Saturday.  This was not a total suprise as he was dealing with a prolonged/chronic illness but it does not make it any easier.     
"Today, we need a nation of Riflemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are
willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

dragonfly

Hello All,
           sure let's start earlier. I will be coming over after work anyway. 9am works for me. Sleep is over rated. Coffee, coffee, coffee, Red Bull gives you wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiings

See ya,
D-fly
www.facebook.com/WIAppleseed

K.I.S.S.
Lead, Follow or Get out of the way - Thomas Paine
Did you talk to someone new about APPLESEED today ?
The United States Constitution.

Capt. Karl

Hello instructors and helpers for AS:

I am looking forward to the meeting this weekend and I shall be there by 0'9 hundred.  As most of you know I am new to being an AS Instructor and I am very open to all of your assistance in my training.  I just want to be the best I can be.  I am looking forward to learning how to make AS training safe, informative and fun.

I'm going to bring crackers and cheese.

Very truly your in FREEDOM,

Capt. Karl
As for me;  Give me LIBERTY or give me Death!  - - Capt. Karl

Old Glory!

FE, Sorry to hear about your father in law. 
Please give our condolences to your wife and daughter. 

We can talk on the phone next week.

Old Glory!

Thanks to all for coming and for bringing good food along too.

Reports to follow.  Those who took notes are at Hubertus today.

Making the range ready

Taking someone out east's advice on making one track to the target line.

Mats work well to set the rifles on in between strings of fire.

The shoveler decided not to clear the firing line so we wouldn't have to shoot over the snow.

Just a warm-up to the Hubertus winter icicle-seed.

Garand69

Awesome Pics OG, wish  could have been there!!! Seems a bit "rogue" with all that shootin' and all!!!! =)

I couldn't make Hubertus, so I felt obligated to atleast start the AAR for those poor frozen folk. Hope you enjoy
http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=11213.0

Garand69

WSMR 03-10 ...SAPPER STEEL!!!!

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." - General George S. Patton Jr

"One can covet success or one can covet being Right, but if he covets both, he will achieve neither" - Stimey

Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.

God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right, even though I think it is HOPELESS.
-Chester W. Nimitz

Old Glory!

G69,
arghhmmmm!    You had quite an adventure all before sunup!  In your case, AAR's are after-adventure-reports.  :o   That guy is right, you should write a book! 

We needed a little shooting break between the chili and the spaghetti and a full agenda of plotting for 2010 in WI.   

colycat

Many thanks to the Instructors who made the trip to Baraboo.  Thank you Deacon for the tasty meal and to everyone for bringing food and drinks. :bow:

I hope you all feel it was a good meeting and we are off to a good start in the state.  Now is the time to sign up for the shoots that are on the schedual already, and keep watching for the ones that are in the works.

Remember to be on the look out for more ranges or we will never get to our instructor capacity of 72 shoots this year O0
"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine

AFTERMATH

Instructor capacity of 72???
I'll be watching that boarder.... :---
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]