News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Hi Everyone

Started by M1NC, January 10, 2010, 10:09:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

M1NC

Hi Everyone,

I've attended two Appleseeds at Ramseur and scored Rifleman on September 20th last year.  I would like to know what more I can do to help out with events.  I'm afraid I can't make January's Appleseed because I have surgery scheduled for that weekend, but I can be there in February!  In the interim I can post fliers etc at the local ranges - is there a place I can download forms to print out?
Always take the high road - it has a better field of fire

If we lose freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the last stand on earth.

But if serving the LORD seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve...as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.

Go forth and fear no darkeness

Stimey

Welcome, M1NC.  I am the State Coordinator for North Carolina, and will be pleased to serve as your point of contact for any questions or topics you would like addressed.  First, I would urge you to consider becoming an Instructor, as your Rifleman status is evidence enough for me that you know how to shoot.  Second, I would also urge you to read Paul Revere's Ride by David Hackett Fischer to help you improve your knowlege of the history we draw from as inspiration  Third, please send me a PM with your name, forum name, and city/area of residence.  Fourth, please request from Appleseed that you be granted access to the North Carolina state message board, where many of our events are planned and coordinated.

Nothing would make me happier than your continued involvement with the program.  Becoming an Instructor is the most conventional route to helping the program move forward, but is not the only way you can help.  As you mentioned, posting flyers, talking to local gun clubs and outdoor stores, and getting the word out can be very helpful.  When you let me know where you are, I can provide you with information about locations in which we are trying to establish new shoot locations and ways you can help us do that.  Maybe together we can establish a new shoot near you!  And your access to the state board will give you a sense of the goals we have for the year ahead, and maybe you can tell us how you can help us acheive those goals.

Look forward to hearing from you soon!

Stimey
"Give me an army of West Point graduates, I'll win a battle.  Give me a handful of Texas Aggies and I'll win a war!"  Gen. George S. Patton, Jr.

M1NC

Thanks Stimey, PM sent!
Always take the high road - it has a better field of fire

If we lose freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the last stand on earth.

But if serving the LORD seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve...as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.

Go forth and fear no darkeness