News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Hudson Falls NY Feb 13 & 14 2010

Started by Another D.O.M., December 30, 2009, 04:11:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

B9

Quote from: Another D.O.M. on February 10, 2010, 11:48:54 AM
Bah - we've lost my niece Becca.  Some sort of stomach bug (possibly exaggerated by a bad case of nerves).

Darned kids...

Too Bad. At least not as bad as your first sentence sounded.
"It's very hard to engineer another countries liberation...people have to liberate themselves. Unfortunately in history, many people get killed..."
Medea Benjamin

Another D.O.M.

Quote from: B9 on February 10, 2010, 11:57:25 AMToo Bad. At least not as bad as your first sentence sounded.
Hmmm...  In retrospect, that sentence could have been more carefully worded.

Now I'm going to have to start shaking the bushes to try and fill that slot - and I'm running low on victims!
"Dark & difficult times lie ahead.  Soon we must all face the choice between what is right, and what is easy."  Dumbledore

Spanner

I'm making the assumption that there is room on the line for each shooting bay/position to hold both a coach and a shooter (up to 8 coach-shooter pairs).  Is this true?  It would open up some possibilities.  I've been arranging a COF in terms of blocks; some blocks are staggered (platoons) and some blocks are common.  

Still haven't seen any sign of a snow plow yet.   :(

" Decision-making is the supreme manifestation of human dignity. "  -Jouvenel

B9

Quote from: Spanner on February 10, 2010, 12:04:19 PM
I'm making the assumption that there is room on the line for each shooting bay/position to hold both a coach and a shooter (up to 8 coach-shooter pairs).  Is this true?  It would open up some possibilities.  I've been arranging a COF in terms of blocks; some blocks are staggered (platoons) and some blocks are common.  

Still haven't seen any sign of a snow plow yet.   :(

Yeah, like an extended ball and dummy routine?

I know a guy that knows a guy in the Coast Guard stationed in WV. What the CG does in WV I don't know but I could make a call.
"It's very hard to engineer another countries liberation...people have to liberate themselves. Unfortunately in history, many people get killed..."
Medea Benjamin

M1Tanker

Looking forward to this shoot, it will be an interesting to see how the instructor/student ratio works out.

I apologize for not being on the internet more but I have had my access severely curtailed and it can be very difficult to gain access the internet.  Just letting everybody know that Xena and myself will be there Friday night and are looking forward to working with such an outstanding group of individuals.

Snyders Lake

Hi everyone!  I just wanted to take a minute to thank you for the excellent instruction and history lessons provided to my family (Pat, Michelle & Sean).  We had a great time, met some really great people, and learned a lot.

You'll notice that my screen name is Snyders Lake which is the name of the lake that we live on.  It is said that the history of Snyder's Lake dates back to Revolutionary times, when a man named Harmon Snyder traveled up the Hudson River by sail boat from Dutchess County. He settled on a farm near what was then known as "Aries Lake" in the town of Greenbush. What is known is that Aries Lake was renamed to Snyder's Lake in 1897 after Harmon Snyder and his family. This is documented by the historical marker located at the North Greenbush Town Beach.  Please take a look at our LAKE Association website for more info.  http://www.snyderslake.org/

The Revolutionary War and the people associated with it were an amazing group of people that left a legacy that cannot have even been imagined and we are so lucky to have.  The idea of never forgetting that gift that we have been given is a fantastic idea that my family fully supports.  Hopefully we can get more people to remember the sacrifices made and engage themselves in keeping their legacy alive forever.  To that end, I have agreed to be and have recently (last week) been appointed to the Town of North Greenbush Ethics Board, to do what I can to assist in helping to keep out local politicians remembering that they need to be doing the work of the people.

Thank you so much for everything!  We look forward to attending more Appleseeds in the future!

B9

Medea Benjamin

Spanner

Might as well keep these things in the same thread.

Greencoats for 50', two per legal 8.5"x14" page.

" Decision-making is the supreme manifestation of human dignity. "  -Jouvenel

Another D.O.M.

Outstanding!  Thanks very much for working these up for us Spanner.
MJA
"Dark & difficult times lie ahead.  Soon we must all face the choice between what is right, and what is easy."  Dumbledore