News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Anyone from the Shreveport area, SOUND-OFF here.

Started by Johnny, December 27, 2009, 12:58:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnny

We need to get Appleseed established up here, send me a PM or respond to this thread and let us know if your in the area and want to do some practice together. I would love to shoot the AQT with anyone up here. I'm a member of a range and can go anytime you can.
"GOD has intrusted you with educating your children. Teach them all that you know!"
"There is a circle of protection you put your family in. For some this is extended to friends, and for others, even to total strangers." Quote from "Gralen".

Gralen

hi,johnny this is gralen. I am responding to your post.I am glad to see appleseed take root in our area! Looking around at the other activity around the country,its not hard to see that this area 's potential may soon put us in the largest appleseed territory ever.Imagine that ,seeing the best instructors,the largest turnouts,the best shoots,and maybe Fred himself right here in OUR area.I would like to formally thank you for your effort in getting the ball rolling and ME started

Rhodes

Has any one contacted ulshop about getting this going? I cant travel a lot but would be glad to support opening up AS for Northern LA anyway I can. Perhaps we could locate a range withing easy access for that area so its within 2 hours of the large population centers? Question questions always questions.
The finest thing a man can do is hold to the wisdom his forefathers shed blood to teach us. Fear and Trust in God, Respect for American ideals and heritage, and always strive to be a better Rifleman. All other things flow from these.

Johnny

"POP" and I have a place we are working on, a range called Long Range Alley. We also have a list of ranges we will approach and try out if we don't get Long Range Alley first. The last option is my land and we are going to set up a  DAR there, with "Gralen" and some other friend's that will help. "Gralen" is a close friend and a lot of help, so say Hi to Gralen. We are trying to set this up for North LA and I think we can eventually do another in Alex. in the future. On the Alex range we do need input on where to do this if you have any ideas, let me know! Thanks "Rhodes". 
"GOD has intrusted you with educating your children. Teach them all that you know!"
"There is a circle of protection you put your family in. For some this is extended to friends, and for others, even to total strangers." Quote from "Gralen".

Don71047

OK now I am convinced I am an appleseed man,just ordered 100 targets and Paul Revere's ride to read to the family lol :---

Gralen

congrats!  to you johnny on getting your rifleman patch on your FIRST try.As usual,you are setting the bar high for the guys coming up behind you ,.like myself

spitstickler

Hey Johnny, Don, Rhodes... Great meeting you and everyone else last weekend in Sherburne.

Just wanted to let you guys know you have help from Dallas/Ft Worth if you ever need it. I'm just 3 hrs away.
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."  -Thomas Edison

Don71047

Hope to see yall April 17th 18th, been looking foward to this for awhile, kinda feels like Christmas ^:)^.

Rhodes

The finest thing a man can do is hold to the wisdom his forefathers shed blood to teach us. Fear and Trust in God, Respect for American ideals and heritage, and always strive to be a better Rifleman. All other things flow from these.

Don71047

Hey rhodes are you going to be there for the 17th and 18th shoot at sherburne?

catsmith

Hi,  We are from Haughton and will be at the Bodcau shoot in may.

Don71047

olfart

I'm on the Texas side of the border, but if I can get my passport renewed by next weekend, I'd like to be able to attend my first AS up at Bodcau. I don't speak Cajun very well, but maybe I can understand enough to get by. ^-^
"The cure of crime is not in the electric chair, but in the high chair" ...  However, the electric chair works wonders on recidivism.

POP

olfart,

Go ahead and pre-register.  Wouldn't surprise me if SHV is a sellout.

I'm in Corpus Christi with family ties in SHV.  I will be there and look forward to meeting you.  Besides, we need a few Texans to show'em how its done.  **)
POP
:~ :~ :~ ^:)^

Quote from: olfart on May 16, 2010, 12:26:26 AM
I'm on the Texas side of the border, but if I can get my passport renewed by next weekend, I'd like to be able to attend my first AS up at Bodcau. I don't speak Cajun very well, but maybe I can understand enough to get by. ^-^

3 of 6
7 of 6
Davilla RBC 11-08, 2-09, 11-09, 11-10
Davilla IBC 4-10
Eureka KS RBC 7-10, 5-11
Osage Beach RBC 10-10
WSMR 03-10 ... Sapper Steel
Waterman 300 9/11/10

I can explain it to you but, I cannot understand it for you.

I'll keep my faith, my family, my church, my liberty, my property, my money...oh, and my guns. You can keep the CHAINS. (Triskele)

olfart

OK, I've registered and got my email receipt. However, when I try to print my ticket, I get an error message:

"There was an error opening this document. The file is damaged and could not be repaired."

I went to the EventBrite site and viewed my ticket, but same error when I tried to print it from there. What's next?

Thanks
John

Quote from: POP on May 16, 2010, 12:52:51 AM
olfart,

Go ahead and pre-register.  Wouldn't surprise me if SHV is a sellout.

I'm in Corpus Christi with family ties in SHV.  I will be there and look forward to meeting you.  Besides, we need a few Texans to show'em how its done.  **)
POP
:~ :~ :~ ^:)^
"The cure of crime is not in the electric chair, but in the high chair" ...  However, the electric chair works wonders on recidivism.

cautery

Dang!  From Haughton/Bossier City area... I just found out about this org/event.  Sounds like it's exactly the type of thing I'd like to be involved in....  but it's THIS weekend...  don't know if I can get ready/free to make both days...

Will there be more?
Clay Autery

spmcpeek

There will be more shoots scheduled soon.  I don't have dates finalized yet.