News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

TAN coloured USMC _ SHOOTING JACKETS

Started by Castle Mountain, December 24, 2009, 12:55:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Castle Mountain

'Tan' Shooting Jackets

Does anyone have a lead on where to obtain the 'tan' coloured USMC shooting jacketlike the Olive Drab we have?
I saw someone wearing one in a Texas post and was wanting to buy some because they are much cooler in the heat.
Anyone know?

Thanks,

CM
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam- will find a way or I will make one".
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."  one who has not qualified himself with the M-16 may not be considered to be a responsible citizen."

—Jeff Cooper, The Art of the Rifle

"Terrorism is the best political weapon, for nothing drives people harder than a fear of sudden death."
-- Adolf Hitler (1889-1945) German Nazi Dictator

"Once a government is committed to the principle of silencing the voice of opposition, it has only one way to go, and that is down the path of increasingly repressive measures, until it becomes a source of terror to all its citizens and creates a country where everyone lives in

Garand69

Quote from: Castle Mountain on December 24, 2009, 12:55:13 AM

'Tan' Shooting Jackets

Does anyone have a lead on where to obtain the 'tan' coloured USMC shooting jacketlike the Olive Drab we have?
I saw someone wearing one in a Texas post and was wanting to buy some because they are much cooler in the heat.
Anyone know?

Thanks,

CM

This is easy, and I'm sure Fred the Helpful will agree....

First, you attend so many Appleseeds with your OD Jacket that it fades to white.....

Second, use it for one winter for stealthiness during our 2010 northern winter raids

And then third... you dye it Desert Tan for the 2011 season O0
Garand69

WSMR 03-10 ...SAPPER STEEL!!!!

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." - General George S. Patton Jr

"One can covet success or one can covet being Right, but if he covets both, he will achieve neither" - Stimey

Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.

God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right, even though I think it is HOPELESS.
-Chester W. Nimitz

SamD

Now he's going to try to tell us that it gets HOT in Illinois ;D

Patriot Gal

CM and I are waylayed In Joplin, Mo in a lovely Christmas Eve (our anniversary) BLIZZARD!!!!!!!    !@#) !@#) >:( >:(

CM says "Our dogsled is currently taking shelter from the freezing rain, blowing snow and icey conditions. "
We got off the highway to avoid blowing a sleigh runner.  It's cold enough down here to change the color of our OD jackets.  Will break camp in the a.m. from our igloo and look forward mushing onto  ~~:)   ~~:)  50 degrees in Davilla on Sat.   :D ;D   

We will avoid Oklahoma City where they now have the world's record for traffic accidents from this storm we are told . Will mush the dog sled south through Arkansas to Texarkana, thereby avoiding the lack of snow shovels in OK. If we get snowblind, Lt. Colonel EEL will have to dispatch a rescue party if he is not wrapped up in Christmas wrapping paper. ;D

All in all, it's better than -25C in Edmonton, Alberta currently.   ++)

(back to Pat gal) SOM -  We know we saw tan jackets. :cool2:  Since I am the google and ebay queen, I am sure I can locate them.  (Haven't looked yet)  ;)

Anyhow. Hope everyone has a nice, warm evening and a very Merry Christmas to All!!!!! O0 @) O0 @)

Castle Mountain and Patriot Gal   :---   :~
"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."  ~Thomas Jefferson

"No free man shall ever be denied the use of arms"
~Thomas Jefferson

"If not us, then who; if not now, then when."
~President Ronald Reagan

Garand69

Quote from: SamD on December 24, 2009, 06:44:12 PM
Now he's going to try to tell us that it gets HOT in Illinois ;D

Come on, it gets way hotter here than either MN or WI  ;D though they do have much larger skeeters **)

Patriot Gal & Castle Mountain, Merry Christmas, and Keep your britches between the ditches! Get down there safe and bring some of that warm weather back with you!!
Garand69

WSMR 03-10 ...SAPPER STEEL!!!!

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." - General George S. Patton Jr

"One can covet success or one can covet being Right, but if he covets both, he will achieve neither" - Stimey

Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.

God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right, even though I think it is HOPELESS.
-Chester W. Nimitz

SamD

Be very safe in your travels.
We need to keep all the friends we have.

ItsanSKS

USMC Shooting jackets are available in a plethora of color/camo options, from Military Logistics Mfg. Click here for a direct link.

Price varies by color and size, ranging from $44.95 to $69.95, + s/h.

* I have no affiliation with, or connection to, the website listed above.  Further, I have never done business with them, nor do I know anyone who has.  I am posting this link purely for the benefit of those who are looking for a shooting jacket in colors other than OD Green. 
Buyer Beware.
"Those who would trade an ounce of liberty for an ounce of safety deserve neither."

"To save us both time in the future... how about you give me the combo to your safe and I'll give you the pin number to my bank account..."

EEL

SKS,

This topic came up once before months ago.  This companpy also was listed.  Several tried to buy from these folks, to no avail.  Do you have any 1st hand experience with them?  Does ANYONE?  I tried an order on line, got zero response.  No response on attempted e-mail either.

If they do, in fact, exist....That would be great.

EEL

ItsanSKS

The website says that it was last updated May, 2009.  If you attempt to check-out, you should notice that the website does not offer any form of encryption or SSL security.  I would not utilize their online checkout procedure due to this fact.  Contact them via email (if they exist) to arrange alternate form of payment.

QuoteDo you have any 1st hand experience with them?

No.  They simply came up in my search for alternate colors of shooting jacket.  I have not done business with them, have not even attempted to contact them.  Found their site and bookmarked it for future use, that is all.

Searching for the shooting jacket by NSN 8415-082-2888 provided only two hits: this website (mil logistics mfg), and a japanese firm selling used clothing.

I have sent an email to the company via their posted email: sales@militarylogisticsmfg.com

Their website lists their address as:
Military Logistics Mfg
5840 Red Bug Lake Rd
Winter Springs,Fl USA 32708

Which appears to be a strip mall of some kind, according to google maps.

Will try to find someone local to check 'em out. 

"Those who would trade an ounce of liberty for an ounce of safety deserve neither."

"To save us both time in the future... how about you give me the combo to your safe and I'll give you the pin number to my bank account..."

Another D.O.M.

Quote from: Garand69 on December 24, 2009, 03:46:25 PMThis is easy, and I'm sure Fred the Helpful will agree....

First, you attend so many Appleseeds with your OD Jacket that it fades to white.....

You know, I've seen some Red Hats from Team Northeast that have suffered that very fate!
"Dark & difficult times lie ahead.  Soon we must all face the choice between what is right, and what is easy."  Dumbledore

AFTERMATH

I've even seen at least one, that faded to tan.
Which it appears mine is as well....  So far.
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]