News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

IBC Dec. 5-6 @ Burlington Flats, NY

Started by Spanner, November 03, 2009, 10:22:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spanner

B9 has just announced an IBC to be held at Burlington Flats NY the weekend of Dec. 5-6.

It is a 7.5 hour drive from the Morgantown area. 

It happens to fall in a time that would be a little awkward for those of you that are encumbered by the WVU academic calender.  However...

I would be willing to provide taxi service there and back if I can get a few commitments (I have space for 3 passengers).

In other words, leave Friday night (sleep while on the road) and return Sunday night (again, sleep while on the road).

I'm throwing this offer out initially to the Morgantown crew (Mountaineer, swos, brickhouse... who have I forgotten?) because I know they have severe time constraints this close to the end of the semester.

It would be a good opportunity to meet some of our IIT's to the north (a great bunch, based on my experiences).

Locally, there are still opportunities to shoot Rifleman scores before the IBC if you haven't already (or for your buddies, you know, the ones I haven't met yet  ;) ).

Nov. 14-15: Stinson WV DAR.
Nov. 21-22: Manheim, PA.  I'm working this event, and thus there may be car-pooling possibilities.

The IBC isn't on the National Schedule yet, but I'm positive it will be a GO.

" Decision-making is the supreme manifestation of human dignity. "  -Jouvenel

Mountaineer

I can give an 85% Yes.  I've got about $60 set aside for an IBC.

In Liberty,
--- Mountaineer

"History has shown us that government leaders often ignore the fundamental fact that people demand both dignity and freedom. Stripping motivated people of their dignity and rubbing their noses in it is a very bad idea."

Spanner

Mountaineer, 85%?  That's way too many significant figures. 

I'm going to have to round it to the appropriate 1 sigfig.

By my calculations...  that comes to an even 1x102%.

The good news is... you didn't mention a scheduling conflict!

ROAD TRIP!!!   **)  :~

B9

Quote from: Mountaineer on November 03, 2009, 07:26:43 PM
I can give an 85% Yes.  I've got about $60 set aside for an IBC.

I am sure that we can find 10 $1.00 sponsors by then.
"It's very hard to engineer another countries liberation...people have to liberate themselves. Unfortunately in history, many people get killed..."
Medea Benjamin

Mountaineer

No need, B9, I'm sure I can find $10 by then.  Thanks though.  (-:
In Liberty,
--- Mountaineer

"History has shown us that government leaders often ignore the fundamental fact that people demand both dignity and freedom. Stripping motivated people of their dignity and rubbing their noses in it is a very bad idea."

brickhouse

I'm in!

Spanner has agreed to let me come along. Make room for the haus frau!  %)
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity." - General George S. Patton Jr

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

http://www.csj.org/infoserv_cult101/checklis.htm

Spanner

I believe I have one more seat left.  Speak up now to take advantage of this incredible offer!

Mountaineer

Spanner,
  I'm just now about to pay for my registration for the IBC.  Looking forward to it!

In Liberty,
--- Mountaineer