News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Toccoa,GA Dec 12-13

Started by sanderman79, December 16, 2009, 02:35:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sanderman79

We had another great time in Toccoa,GA.  We had 16 for the weekend even though the weather was cold and wet.  I was surprised to see on Sunday we only lost 3 shooters with the rain and low 30's.  We had a good instructor to student ratio with 10 instructors on the line.  We even have 3 new Orange hats that stepped up last month. (We still owe them hats).  With the low turn out we were able to split the line into new and experienced shooters.  Also we were able to get most of the students to the kd range.  Son of Martha and The Guy gave great history lessons and Son on Martha's Advanced Rifleman class was great.  It was a great weekend.

Raymon

Appalacious

Agreed.

Toccoa will always be valuable for its ability to test your ability, your will, and your equipment.

J
Condescension is a GOOD thing.

Son of Martha

Ahh yes, Toccoa--where you get to test your mettle while you are testing your metal...

I was quite pleased to have this turnout.  The folks who showed up were the really MOTIVATED Appleseeders, and we had an instructor-heavy event so there was time for much staff development as well as a little trigger time for me  >:D.

Toccoa just keeps getting better, and with the increase in the number of folks who have stepped up to help, the future looks bright.  Thanks all for your participation.

SoM
Raise ye the stone or cleave the wood to make a path more fair or flat
Lo, it is black already with blood some Son of Martha spilled for that
Not as a ladder from earth to Heaven, nor as a witness to any creed
But simple service, simply given, to his own kind in their common need.

moonchicken

Thanks to all of you for a great learning experience this past weekend.  This was my 2nd Appleseed, but the first one that I had the opportunity to attend both days.  There was great camaraderie, lots of fun shooting at the redcoats and the zombies, and invaluable coaching and motivation from the instructors.  ~~:)  ;D
I drove home on Sunday evening with a great sense of accomplishment because I had the opportunity to meet great individuals, and my skills with a rifle have definitely improved.  I definitely plan to return to future Appleseed events, and I haven't stopped telling all my gun-owning friends about this amazing organization since I got back.  :D

Omar

Flathead

Congrats Omar!!
I knew you were right on the edge of the rifleman score when you shot a 39 on the Qaul C target that I picked up at Ft. Stewart.  The 7or 7 shooters that got to shoot that target late Saturday afternoon got to compare themselves with the soldiers that we trained in October.  Not quite shotting a rifleman score but hitting 39 out of 40 targets which would have put him at expert!!!  Several of the shooters were in the low to mid 30's that were shooting in the 180's ans 190's on the AQT. He didn't even have an Aimpoint or ACOG on his M-4!!!
I was glad I was able to help out on Saturday my shoulder was letting me down by the end of the day and stayed home on Sunday.
Keep your eyes open for Toccoa to be on the schedule at least 5 shoots for 2010 and if we can get a range locked in for April 17-18 we may have 6 shoots.

moonchicken

Quote from: Flathead on December 17, 2009, 07:19:12 PM
Congrats Omar!!
I knew you were right on the edge of the rifleman score when you shot a 39 on the Qaul C target that I picked up at Ft. Stewart.  The 7or 7 shooters that got to shoot that target late Saturday afternoon got to compare themselves with the soldiers that we trained in October.  Not quite shotting a rifleman score but hitting 39 out of 40 targets which would have put him at expert!!!  Several of the shooters were in the low to mid 30's that were shooting in the 180's ans 190's on the AQT. He didn't even have an Aimpoint or ACOG on his M-4!!!
I was glad I was able to help out on Saturday my shoulder was letting me down by the end of the day and stayed home on Sunday.
Keep your eyes open for Toccoa to be on the schedule at least 5 shoots for 2010 and if we can get a range locked in for April 17-18 we may have 6 shoots.

"Find your NPOA"...."don't muscle the rifle"...."relax your body"..."focus on the front sight"....."squeeze"....... ~~:)

Consistently hitting the silhouette on Sunday from 300 yards away felt awesome.  :D
I used to like my AR...now I love it...hahaha   :---

I really appreciate your help on Saturday. 
Hope to see you again on the next one . O0

Appalacious

MOONCHICKEN????

That is hilarious.   Welcome to the forum, moonchicken.   Please explore the other threads you have access to and try to find the "Georgia" thread so we can put you "on the map". 

I thought you did outstanding at Toccoa.  Next step-  shooting expert with the MOSIN.

-Justin, aka Appalacious
Condescension is a GOOD thing.

Georgia Gator

This was my 1st event, and I enjoyed it 100%.  Getting out from under a perfectly good roof to shoot in the rain isn't something I normally do, but it was valuable experience. 

I will be back for more and have already gotten some friends interested in going with me.  Thank you, instructors.  I learned a boatload last weekend.