News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Dec 12 shoot

Started by Rhodes, December 08, 2009, 02:16:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhodes

Havent heard from any one we still on?
The finest thing a man can do is hold to the wisdom his forefathers shed blood to teach us. Fear and Trust in God, Respect for American ideals and heritage, and always strive to be a better Rifleman. All other things flow from these.

spmcpeek

Yes, Sleepy Joe is SB with alonso1 and I assisting.

Rhodes

Ok sounds like you guys have it covered. Thinking of shooting some but wanted to make sure we had enough people.
The finest thing a man can do is hold to the wisdom his forefathers shed blood to teach us. Fear and Trust in God, Respect for American ideals and heritage, and always strive to be a better Rifleman. All other things flow from these.

ulshop

I have to apologize for being out of things lately....  work related. Big thanks to Stephen, Mark and Sleepy Joe for keeping everything going on the Louisiana line. Look forward to seeing everyone out there soon.

Rhodes

Unfortunately my truck is in the shop and its doubtful I will be there this weekend as I am sans transport. Ah well.

Johnny

www.LRA-TTI.com is a range south of Shreveport, I've been a member of for 2+ years now. I know Joe, the owner, but perhaps I've been pessimistic about his response about holding an Appleseed Shoot here. I'll start making contact with him Saturday and Sunday and Monday and Tuesday....Till I wake him up. First I'll get him to go to the web site.  One problem I have noticed is that he has completed a lot of training, dumping lots of money into the range and his training. In one conversation with him he stated he wasn't going to allow anyone to teach classes with out him receiving his share of the funds. The high quality training Appleseed provides on a mass scale at an unbeatable price will seem to him to cut deep into his income in this area. People around here already have little money for his high prices. One Sniper Tac. Training he taught a year ago cost well over $600. and was limited to Mil. and LE. He was going to allow me to do this, but when I found out the price, I BAILED OUT!   If he cannot be convinced to give Appleseed a trial run, I can step up.  I have 4 acers in Ketchie, thats about 20 miles south of SHV. With help I may be ably to get 100 yds.   If I can only get 25m, would this be good enough?  Someone please advise.  And don't worry, I'm tactfull and will take advise from you guys.
"GOD has intrusted you with educating your children. Teach them all that you know!"
"There is a circle of protection you put your family in. For some this is extended to friends, and for others, even to total strangers." Quote from "Gralen".

Johnny

One other thing, Joe is the OWNER of the Long Range Ally. There is no club as we are used to , with a Board and voting members, so what Joe decides is Law. That's the reason I'm being gentle about this situation. If you haven't seen LRA, we have a 1000 yard rifle range, a 100 and 200 yard range's, an Assault Deck with Steel B-27 target's out to 405 meters along with steel plates and other targets. All this is just part of what is on this 600 acers of shooting grounds. My 12 year old son loves to make hits on the steel B-27 out to 600 yds. with my Savage. I think I'll soon have to buy him his own. I thank God for my boy's and my wife. 
"GOD has intrusted you with educating your children. Teach them all that you know!"
"There is a circle of protection you put your family in. For some this is extended to friends, and for others, even to total strangers." Quote from "Gralen".

Rhodes

One thing you might want to impress on Joe is that AS does not compete with high end training, just the opposite it compliments it. No one in their right mind will pay $600 for advanced instruction unless they have had a taste of inexpensive solid basic training which is all AS does. If a person goes to his range for an AS and discovers a passion for shooting the first place they will turn for advanced training is Joe, financial considerations withstanding. By growing the shooting community he would be helping himself in a business sense as well as the all important civic.
Also there could be tax benefits to donating the range time although that should be determined by an expert. These alone should be enough to convince a patriotic businessman of the wisdom in hosting AS shoots.

Now if he still resists I wouldn't press it any further. All AS needs is a 25 Yard range with enough slots to make things work and facilities for instructors to camp. Berm construction may be dictated by regulations even on a private range so investigate thoroughly. You may wish to see if a LA public range is available such as we use in south LA. LA wildlife lists all ranges.

Good luck

Rhodes

Oh BTW my truck is fixed!!! Hope to be there Sunday for a few hours to get in some targets.

Johnny

Thanks for the input Rhodes. My wife and I had a Brain Storm Session so after my last entry on this forum. We thought of what the pro's and con's would be if Joe allowed us to host an Appleseed Shoot. Here is part of the list of Pro's. (1.) As we will be passing out flier's all over the Shreveport/Bossier City area, Joe will receive free advertisement about the location of his range and a map to the range. (2.) Word of mouth advertisement will follow right after the first shoot. (3.) Ammo, food, drinks, shooting mats, gloves, and all sorts of things in the Pro Shop will increase during the shoots. I'm sure firearms sales also will go up. (4.) Membership will grow exponiually as more people find out where LRA is through Appleseed flyers I will print and distribute. (5.) All the internet talk just before and after a shoot will help spread the word about LRA and the Pro Shop and the fact that this is a 1000 yard range and sits on 600+ acers of shooters PARIDISE.  More free advertisement for Joe. Plus, when we are on a break I can take everyone on a tour of the Assault Deck and the Force on Force Shoot House, where they use Sim-munitions to practice for tactical situations. One other thing I can mention to Joe is that, him and I had talked about buying a few MP5's and other SMG's to rent out with me being the RSO for these weapons and the training, so my NEW idea is to ask him if renting out about 6 Ruger 10/22 rifles with mags for those shooters who may have only a bolt action 22 on maybe they have a 308 but can't afford to shoot so many rounds. So they rent the 10/22, shoot the shoot, fall in love with it, and just have to get one from Joe.Then there's Rhodes idea too! Add all this up and we may just have a place!