News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

The Gauntlet Has Been Thrown

Started by The Guy, January 20, 2010, 04:47:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Guy

My feelings about Illinois(ucks) are well known.

How to take the -ucks out of Illinois?

Hmmm......

Tell you all what.

Give me a total of 1200 Appleseeders in Illinois this year, 2010, and I will offically take the -ucks out of Illinois(ucks).

Give me 10 new in state full Instructors, and 8 new Shoot Bosses, and I will offically take the -ucks out of Illinois(ucks).

I hereby Pledge to help do so by SBing 18 Illinois(ucks) events, in addition to other duties, and I Pledge to train 6 of the 8 needed Shoot Bosses.

I Pledge to constantly train my replacements.

I Pledge to go where needed to fill in gaps.

The Guy

Who is with me?  I need hard work and Dedication from all of you to take the -ucks right out of this currently miserable state.  No man is an island, and I need a continent.

I challenge you, the shooter, the Instructor in Training, the Instructor, the Shoot Boss, the Senior Instructor, the Master Instructor, the Administrator.

I individually challenge Garand. Schedule as many shoots as we can schedule.  All of them.  Rely on the Goodness of the Cause to fill the slots.  Load us up.

We will prevail.

Boba Fett

Well, I for one and sick of working my ass off only to be referred to as someone from the land of suck.  >:(  !@#)
I accept your challenge good sir and cordially invite the rest of you Illisconsians to consider our
"cloud of witnesses (Heb. 12:1)" and start running like you mean it.  ..:..

Note to Garand: Never let EEL  ++) ask The Guy  >:D  for "a little sumthin' sumthin' " ever again. Just look at what he got everyone into now.  ::) Sheeze!

BF

The Guy

Is a "take that" in order?

Now get to work y'all.

~~:)

Garand69

Ladies and Gentleman,

The Guy has truly thrown a gauntlet down, but close your eyes, take a breath, relax, open your eyes and verify your NPOA.....

Right now, without adding another shoot we are at 1060, and that is being conservative on capacity at Waterman, I'm figuring 50 when it is more like 75+

We have plenty of room without even working hard to make this happen (DO NOT TELL THAT TO FRED!!!). 1200 in 2010?? Piece of Cake O0 The 12,000th Appleseeder in 2012 will be the fun part!

But now I must add something to those in the know that may get the hair standing up on the back of your neck.... 42.  The answer is 42!

1200 X .42 = 504 

In 2009 we had enough firing line to handle 520 shooters, we missed our goal a bit and only landed 463 attendees, for a total or 696 Appleseeders in IL to date.

If we multiply 520 X .42 we get 1238, which if we do our part, we should end up with atleast 1200 Attendees in 2010

But this is where this gets fun.......

2010 = 1238
2011 = 2947
2012 = 7016 (7075)

At that point the total from 2007 to date would be 11,941 Appleseeders in 5 years. We add one or two shoots just to be safe and we will have our 12,000th Appleseeder in a 5 year period!

So we take that 7075 and divide it by .42........

2013 = 16,845
2014 = 40107
2015 = 95,494
2016 = 227,367
2017 = 541,352

At that point, at the end of our 10th year we would have had 933,165 Appleseeders since our first Appleseed in 2007, which of course puts our Millionth Appleseeder in 2018. Yes I said Millionth, and yes I am 110% serious!

So who's runnin' with us??

Garand69

WSMR 03-10 ...SAPPER STEEL!!!!

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." - General George S. Patton Jr

"One can covet success or one can covet being Right, but if he covets both, he will achieve neither" - Stimey

Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.

God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right, even though I think it is HOPELESS.
-Chester W. Nimitz

The Guy

Quote110% serious!
x 1200 = 1320.

Let's get the -ucks out by September.

New goal.

Now get to work.

~~:)

Fred

Quote from: Garand69 on January 20, 2010, 06:29:53 PM
At that point, at the end of our 10th year we would have had 933,165 Appleseeders since our first Appleseed in 2007, which of course puts our Millionth Appleseeder in 2018. Yes I said Millionth, and yes I am 110% serious!

I'd say that's pretty good - only two years behind the nationwide 1,000,000th Appleseeder in 2016! O0 (Let's see, if we can keep up our growth, our nationwide total in 2018 would be 4 million, so you guys are trying to grab 25% of 'em!)

And right on track, even if I seem to recall at the IBC you were talking, not 1200, but 12,000 (I had to assume that was this year...). >:D
"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine

What about it, do-nothings? You heard the man, jump on in...

Garand69

Quote from: Fred on January 20, 2010, 07:05:29 PM
Quote from: Garand69 on January 20, 2010, 06:29:53 PM

I'd say that's pretty good - only two years behind the nationwide 1,000,000th Appleseeder in 2016! O0 (Let's see, if we can keep up our growth, our nationwide total in 2018 would be 4 million, so you guys are trying to grab 25% of 'em!)

And right on track, even if I seem to recall at the IBC you were talking, not 1200, but 12,000 (I had to assume that was this year...). >:D

Fred Fred Fred, If you want 12,000 sooner than noted above, you have to cover the other end of the deal.... Move MO, IA, and MN over to the Great Lakes Region and look out!! Besides, the deal was 10,000 O0 >:D

Now that all of the new IIT's have calmed down splashed some water in their face and managed to crawl back up to the Computer...

I have a few more numbers for you. Help is on the way my freinds, so don't panic!!

We typically have 10% of our attendees reach Rifleman with 50% of the Rifleman stepping up to the plate to become an IIT. Keeping that in mind we should be gaining 6 IIT's per month (March through Nov. ) in 2010. That is 54 new IIT's by Moose Jaw 2010.

Thinking totally statically, we currently have...

2 1/2 Shoot Boss's X 12 Shoot Average = 30 Shoots in IL without adding a SB (I'm figureing TC as MI too). With that, we are breaking even as we currently sit.

Once we look at The Guy's Pledge, we see what needs to be done.

QuoteTell you all what.

Give me a total of 1200 Appleseeders in Illinois this year, 2010, and I will offically take the -ucks out of Illinois(ucks).

Give me 10 new in state full Instructors, and 8 new Shoot Bosses, and I will offically take the -ucks out of Illinois(ucks).

We currently have 24 IIT's of various levels. A few of those unfortunately have yet to earn the Orange Hat they were given. They shot Rifleman accepted the Hat, and have rarely been seen since. That is truly a shame, I wish I knew if it was us or them, maybe we will never know. But I beleive, we have a great bunch of folks as a whole.

What Guys stipulations are simple... that does not mean easy, It will take some committment on the part of the IIT. I hope the Instructor Team at the IBC instilled some of that American Spirit that we are going to need to get this done. Remember folks, it isn't about you, me, us, or them, It's about Saving a Nation. Let's do some Math...

8 New SB's (10 Total), Requires that all 5 current RHI go up to SB and we have three IIT's move up through RHI to SB.

So his stipulation of 10 new Red Hat Instructors, is really a need for 13, to cover the three moving into SB. This schedule will weed out those not totally committed unfortunatly, hopefully they don't leave the program all together, and stick around doing somethng they can handle, but being realistic, the 24 IIT's would probably be about 15. So at this point in the game we have 10 SB's, 10 RHI, and 56 IIT's by the time Moose Jaw rolls around in Dec 2010.

We can do this folks! I consider the next two Illinois Events an All Hands On Deck events. The first shoot in Waterman will give you a chance to use all that good stuff that you learned at the IBC and you will have a chance to shoot Long Range which will give you the tools to teach it to others. The next All Hands On Deck, will be the weekend of April 17-18. We have 4 shoots that need to be staffed. In addition to the SB, we need 1 RH at each shoot (2 at Waterman)and 3 IIT's at each shoot (4 at Waterman), the rest of you have an opportunity to go on a border raid, if you can't do that, ask where you are needed most.

So Team Illinois, The Guy has made a pledge to IL if we do our part. If we do our part, and The Guy does his part, this will send Appleseed through the roof. So, if you want to get the [ucks] out of Illinois[ucks], what are you willing to pledge?

This is my Pledge to Illinois Appleseed....

I pledge to attend 12 IL Appleseed Shoots in 2010

I pledge to reach SB status by June

I pledge to mentor 4 IIT's to IIT4 or higher levels

I pledge to continue to raise the bar in Illinois through 2010

For the goodness of the cause, I Pledge to RUN O0
Garand69

WSMR 03-10 ...SAPPER STEEL!!!!

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." - General George S. Patton Jr

"One can covet success or one can covet being Right, but if he covets both, he will achieve neither" - Stimey

Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.

God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right, even though I think it is HOPELESS.
-Chester W. Nimitz