News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

How about another Maine Appleseed?

Started by MaineMarshal, December 03, 2009, 10:04:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crak

It's location specific but only for Sunday afternoon.  All day Saturday and the first half of Sunday are always at 25m which is fine for .22.  Some places go full distance on Sunday afternoon, and that's when many people switch to centerfire rifles these days.  Back in the day you'd have a line of dozens of people shooting .308 all weekend but now that's the exception.
Check your drama at the door.

The Old Guide

Hey, Look at Colombia, Maine!

April 17 and 18:

Columbia, ME                                    19/20

There are 19 signed up out of 20 points on the line. Good job, SeanO.

- - -

Just noticed this:
"And we'll soon be announcing "Adaptive Appleseed" for those who are disabled or handicapped"

That page is accessible only to instructors. My wife was the National Women's Archery champion in 1959. She got her first buck with a longbow before I met her. She's a pretty good shot with a rifle and she'll be at Colombia to help out. I hope there is info available there regarding "Adapative Appleseed".

- - -

Oh, and that gathering of 150 people I spoke about above turned out to be 420 people.
Our history is not a list of dates and places. It is a dynamic adventure of freedom and individual courage.

Crak's IBC, August 2010.
Fred's AIBC, April 2011
kDan's IBC, March 2012
Northeast SC Confab, Feb. 13

SeanO

The following is a message from Crak (Chris):

As I mentioned probably to all of you before, I'm having a micro-IBC up and down the Battle Road on April 10th.  It's going to start at 10AM on Lexington Green.  Could you guys pass this info along
   to your instructors and IITs who might be interested in coming down?  Maybe post it in  your state boards?

I put a post about it in the Massachsuetts board to make a little buzz here:
   http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=12816.0

Thanks,  Chris

Some of you have attended one of Crak's IBCs and know how good they are.  It's time more of you found out.  Besides the excellence of Crak's instruction, there's the inspiration of learning our Heritage right where it all happened.

Hope you'll take advantage of this great opportunity.

Sean O'
If you can't find a way, make one.

The Old Guide

I had breakfast with my state representative this past weekend. I invited him to the shoot I'm attending at Columbia, Maine on the 17th and 18th this month. He has a prior commitment, but he wants to come to the next one with a little more notice.

My new (larger) shooting jacket arrived from Fred's along with a whole batch of literature - in Technicolor.
Our history is not a list of dates and places. It is a dynamic adventure of freedom and individual courage.

Crak's IBC, August 2010.
Fred's AIBC, April 2011
kDan's IBC, March 2012

The Old Guide

We're bound for Bennington, VT in August. We're signed up and the photos of the range look great.

Crak's IBC, August 2010.
Fred's AIBC, April 2011
kDan's IBC, March 2012

Another D.O.M.

Quote from: The Old Guide on July 04, 2010, 08:51:53 PMWe're bound for Bennington, VT in August. We're signed up and the photos of the range look great.
That's good to hear - it is a fantastic range!
MJA
"Dark & difficult times lie ahead.  Soon we must all face the choice between what is right, and what is easy."  Dumbledore

crak

uhh... How about another Maine Appleseed?   :)

Josey Wales

..I would love to help out in Maine........Let me know if you need any help when you get a date..
..Sean O, how you doing?...............JW.........
..to hell with them fellows, buzzards gotta eat same as worms..

The Old Guide

My wife is proud of her pink RWVA hat. She's a volunteer shoot admin, having been involved in various admin tasks for many decades. Just say the word and we'll be at the next Maine shoot.

Crak's IBC, August 2010.
Fred's AIBC, April 2011
kDan's IBC, March 2012

SeanO

Good morning, Crak

Just lemme know when you can take time out from your new work schedule to come up and play Shoot Boss.  The Columbia people are thinking about a fall date.

Sean O'

TOMINCT

Yeah, I'd be up for another AS at Columbia, but it needs to be on the schedule in the near future. Glad to have you back, buddy.
crak's battle road IBC 10-09
Ramseur 2-12!
ninsho's battle road IBC 6-13

dwarven1

Sean, toss out some dates and we'll get a crew ready. I can SB, too...
Unhappy it is ... to reflect that a brother's sword has been sheathed in a brother's breast, and that the once happy and peaceful plains of America are either to be drenched with blood or inhabited by slaves. Sad alternative! But can a virtuous man hesitate in his choice?

GEORGE WASHINGTON

crak

It is TOM's club after all... 

I'll be there no matter who's SBing as long as it's in Oct or Nov and not on the same day as Harvard or Thanksgiving.  Let's get it scheduled.  :)

crak

And while you're out there scheduling one, might as well put four or six (I think I just heard Fred yell 'Twelve, dangit!') more on the calendar for winter and out through 2011.

It has been selling out, right?

What about that other place with the Whittemores?

The Old Guide

The earlier the better. A nice cool weekend in September would be just right, but we'll be there whenever it comes.

Crak's IBC, August 2010.
Fred's AIBC, April 2011
kDan's IBC, March 2012

TOMINCT

I think it was Skowhegan, IIRC.

Quote from: crak on July 06, 2010, 03:21:15 PM
And while you're out there scheduling one, might as well put four or six (I think I just heard Fred yell 'Twelve, dangit!') more on the calendar for winter and out through 2011.

It has been selling out, right?

What about that other place with the Whittemores?
Ramseur 2-12!

Firewall99

I was the one who set up Skowhegan last year.  Here's the data you need to start the process yourselves.

I'm sure they would be delighted to do it again.  

Company:   Skowhegan Sportsman Club

Club Mailing Address:
P.O. Box 291
Skowhegan, ME 04976

Club Street Address:
857 East River Rd.
Skowhegan, ME 04976

Full Name:   Whittemore Jim

Business:   +1 (207) 474-8363

"The timid and fearful cannot defend liberty or anything else." - G. Edward Griffin, author of The Creature from Jekyll Island and founder of Freedom Force International (www.freedom-force.org)

"You make the decision now to be afraid, and you will never turn back--your whole life, you will always be afraid."
-- From "Unbreakable"

The litany against fear is an incantation used by the Bene Gesserit in Dune to focus their minds and calm themselves in times of peril. The litany is as follows:

I must not fear.
    Fear is the mind-killer.
    Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
    I will face my fear.
    I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
    And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
    Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
    Only I will remain.

"Take away fear, and the battle of Freedom is half won." - William Ralp

SeanO

Hey, John

Thanks for the info.  We're nailing down the dates on Columbia, and as soon as that's done, I'll be in touch with the Skowhegan people.

Hope everything's going swimmingly with you this summer.  Say Hello to Lois for me.

Best,  Sean O'

crak

Might want to move some of that info to pm instead of a semipublic forum, FW.

Firewall99

Quote from: crak on July 07, 2010, 06:43:40 PM
Might want to move some of that info to pm instead of a semipublic forum, FW.

I put it for a short time because I'm pretty sure Jim wouldn't mind, and I didn't know how many other people were working on this.

Anyone else needing more Whittemore contact info, SeanO has it now.
"The timid and fearful cannot defend liberty or anything else." - G. Edward Griffin, author of The Creature from Jekyll Island and founder of Freedom Force International (www.freedom-force.org)

"You make the decision now to be afraid, and you will never turn back--your whole life, you will always be afraid."
-- From "Unbreakable"

The litany against fear is an incantation used by the Bene Gesserit in Dune to focus their minds and calm themselves in times of peril. The litany is as follows:

I must not fear.
    Fear is the mind-killer.
    Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
    I will face my fear.
    I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
    And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
    Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
    Only I will remain.

"Take away fear, and the battle of Freedom is half won." - William Ralp

SeanO

OK, boys and boys,

It's a go for October 2/3.  I just talked to the Columbia club prez and he's so psyched that he's gonna do the clinic, too.

Also, Crak and I just held a free and open election monitored by the local ACORN chapter in which we voted unanimously for TOMINCT as Shoot Boss. 

So, onward and onward....

crak

Yeah, even Minnie Mouse voted for TOM, which is pretty astounding given the incident back in '74...

SeanO

I wasn't gonna mention that.  Until maybe after the shoot.  Far be it from me to pass on gossip about a brother, no matter how juicy.  Unless there's a rain delay.  Or we run out of history stuff.  Or maybe during lunch the second day....  Ya know?

TOMINCT

Man, now I know what it's like to get thrown under the bus! !@#) But don't worry, I don't get mad I get even. :cool2:
Ramseur 2-12!

The Old Guide

We are signed up for 2 weekends in a row. August 7 & 8 IBC at Harvard and Bennington on Aug 14 & 15. I'll pay for October  in next month's budget. Looking forward to meeting Crak.

Crak's IBC, August 2010.
Fred's AIBC, April 2011
kDan's IBC, March 2012

The Old Guide

I have a camp on a lake with 25 acres of old growth woods. I did some trimming and moved some dirt and now I have an Appleseed range. It is shaded with even light and well protected from the wind. I shot my first target today, working with one inch squares only. So far I just have two firing points, but I'll have a third as soon as I cut a little firewood. I have some old paper mill felt to lie on. You don't even need to be on the dirt. The firing point is not yet covered.

If any Appleseeders want to venture north the coffee is always on.

Crak's IBC, August 2010.
Fred's AIBC, April 2011
kDan's IBC, March 2012

Cammack

Yardage wise how big is the Columbia range?

crak

It's ~ 20 people wide.  Maybe a little more.

I can't remember if it's 100 or 200 yards from the benches to the berm.  I'm leaning towards 200 strongly.

TOMINCT

The range we used last October was a 100 yard range. They have a 200 yard range, don't know if we will use it. I may try to get in touch with the club president and see what is available. The range space in the past has been limited to 20 shooters.
Ramseur 2-12!

PatriotPreacher

My wife and I would be very interested in participating in an Appleseed Training Event...  where can I get info on the Oct 2-3 event?