News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

A 'New' candidate with a 'New' way of thinking??!!

Started by The_VIKING, December 08, 2009, 12:01:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The_VIKING

I'm liking the way this guy starts off!!!
Congressional Candidate Lt. Col. Allen West - going to have to keep an eye out for this guy.
How about you!!??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VP2p91dvm6M
"Remember one thing, your government needs you more than you need your government."
USAF '87-'93 Ground Rat
Remover of the Berlin Wall

desertrat144

Great find, a light bird Col. running for Congress on the Founding Fathers beliefs (at least from this speech).  That is probably as close as we'll get to a speech that parallels the mid 1700's, with the possible exceptions of entitlements, tho I suspect the British Aristocracy of 1770 would fit today's use of entitlement mentality.  :bow: :bow:

The reference to the Oath of Office, or The Oath in general never sun-setting is inspired!  The references to past politicians ignoring it after taking office is a sad comment on current reality.  :wall: :wb: :sos:

This would be an excellent recorded media to use for a bit of 'flavor' for the historical presentations, except for the beginning, where the image of Open Revolution & Fixed Bayonets in 2010 is used; this is stated only in deference to the ADL debate, and it being used out of historic context.
"Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond it's limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves." - President Ronald Wilson Reagan

Scout

Probably would be a great change, almost any breathing (or even non breathing person, or even any inanimate object) candidate would be a serioous considewration for a chanage. ;)

However, we need to remember that we are a non profit, barred from advocating any political candidates, and, we are a Mission Oriented Organization (MOO ;)) and politics is not on our list of missions to accomplish.

But here is my suggestion for any non mission related information. Metalbot is the Texas IIT and member information contact and if you will send him your email address he can add it to the list of Texas instructors and family and we can send out political information and any other non mission related info to each other by emails which include all of our Texas members and anyone else who wants to get involved in non missin relatedd topics.

I personally am interested in receiving information regarding new candidates for our state and nation and also any info on tea party meetings, new gear etc. but I ask that we keep it off the forum so we reduce the already insufferable amount of clutter here.

My email is listed on my profile, rangescout@hughes.net so feel free to send me any of this info Viking.  ;) 
BattleRoadUSA.com

"Who wants Ice Cream?" Fred

Sixty seconds is way too long for a minute, I am cutting it down to thirty seven seconds- SoM

"You can shout it, you can preach it, but no matter how many times you repeat it, NEVER believe your own bullSh*t." (as told to me by Grin Reaper)

The_VIKING

"Remember one thing, your government needs you more than you need your government."
USAF '87-'93 Ground Rat
Remover of the Berlin Wall